MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Yamaha Reface
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Author Yamaha Reface
GGW
Looks like mini keys then?
I don't know why they do that. Just make it a box.
Strange campaign. It seems to be over before they got to the point.
NYMo
Def mini keys...they're tiny !
The CS 80 thing looks interesting though.
I thought there was a Cp70b and a YC 45 D too ?

Cheers
StereoNode
mmp wrote:

Definitely doesn't look analog Russian Roulette
StereoNode
NYMo wrote:
Def mini keys...they're tiny !
The CS 80 thing looks interesting though.
I thought there was a Cp70b and a YC 45 D too ?

Cheers

Is the CS the white one? Hope not
fano
lich
so.. plugins??? these things look tiny
ignatius
visible cow wrote:
I don't see many (any?) knobs on that DX style synth....they wouldn't do that to me, would they?

Jesus. What a bunch of idiots. How could they not put knobs on the DX reface shit????
mckenic
iPad/iPhone, PC editor question

I woulda SO loved if they made the synths in the fan renders floating around a few years ago... SUCH a missed opportunity if its a non-knobby synth!
jazzbo58
That cured me of wanting any of those. Dead Banana
mckenic
Well Imna wait to hear the sounds but excitement level = 2% :-(

Im not going to post the direct pic as it will disappoint too much if it shows up in this thread but why didnt they make this concept a reality:
http://i0.wp.com/www.synthtopia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/yamaha- dx-10.jpg
Paranormal Patroler
Yamaha, you can still hire me to give you advice on what you need to market! Don't be amazed that these will fail.

Best,

PP
Xmit
d'oh!
holy crap. all that hoohah with Roland a while back : the Aira stuff is looking like Macbeth or something now compared to this Mr. Green

epic fail Yamaha. Dead Banana
Isaiah
http://m.kr.yamaha.com/ko/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/synth esizers/reface/
chamomileshark
I guess the "any place, any time" translates to something really small and light.

So no replacement for a CS80 which I would have thought needs to have a decent full sized keyboard even if it was just playing a VST engine.

Similarly for the other Yamaha product I'd like to see, the DX1/5.

the problem with big build ups is that you really piss off the people who are disappointed because it's not what was hoped for.
JohnLRice
Pictures and audio demos here:
http://kr.yamaha.com/ko/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthes izers/reface/?mode=series#tab=product_lineup
chamomileshark
hmm, listened to the CS demos and had to stop. Didn't really like the sound at all - didn't scream CS to me but maybe that's my lack of knowlede re what they sound like beyond Vangelis and Eddie Jobson.

DX was a little better but again sort of failed to inspire.
amnesia
So why is Richard Devine sayings its like nothing ever before? No offence or dig at Richard but I wonder if he was talking about the same Yamaha product ?
amnesia
Create your sound any place any time sounds a bit naff.

Not such a huge selling point really in todays world.
amnesia
So basically these are just midi keyboard controllers?
flo
DX might be fun, just as all DX thumbs up
IR
They're kind of cool, but not as cool as the hype. Slightly more interesting for me than Roland AIRA, but probably won't get one.
stainers
amnesia wrote:
So why is Richard Devine sayings its like nothing ever before? No offence or dig at Richard but I wonder if he was talking about the same Yamaha product ?

After his promotion for the Akai Wolf I wouldn't be surprised at the integrity of any of his endorsements
mckenic
Updated: a source (not Richard) tells CDM that the project he’s describing isn’t Reface.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2015/06/new-yamaha-synths-will-include-t otally-alien-new-technology-says-interview/
theremin
replicalex
some better quality pics. The DX and CS look interesting but why not a more knobby interface on the DX ? hmmm.....

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Page 3 of 20