MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutant Bassdrum DIY Output Level & Tone Control
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Mutant Bassdrum DIY Output Level & Tone Control
toneburst
I've recently completed my Mutant Bassdrum DIY kit, and am very pleased with it! I particularly love the voltage-controlled distortion, which works very well with my x0x Heart module.

However, one thing I've noticed: there seems to be a very large drop in output level when the TONE control is turned down (i.e. counter-clockwise).

I'd expect the attack click part of the sound to become more muffled (which it does), but it also seems that the sine-wave decay portion of the sound decreases markedly in volume with lower TONE settings.

Is this the case for other Mutant Bassdrum owners?

a|x
ilya.n
I think mine behaves the same (DIY version)
cthonist
Just got a pre-assembled one and the overall lack of volume on the clean sound is what brought me to the hexinverter subforum in the first place.... So I can definitely confirm that it's not just you. The bassdrum is as loud as I'd expect through the distortion, but the clean sound is pitifully quiet compared to my SD808 & any of the drums from my volca beats
chris77
Hi

Finished building my Mutant Bassdrum, everything works ,my issue is the pitch has only two tones either like a tom or a bass drum ....it is not variable, in the middle of the pot travel the tone switches between bass and tom sound....i have checked all components are correct values.... any input would be appreciated...

cheers

chris
bc3
I too am having trouble with volume the clean bass drum sound. Seems like it should be able to be louder without turning up the distortion? Hopefully Hexinverter sees this post and can chime in with some advice?
replicalex
I just picked one up second hand, so not sure if its a DIY build or not, but really disappointed at the clean output level too... especially when all the blurb talks about "super hot" output levels etc etc.

I thought mine was broken, but seeing these post makes me think I'm not alone. Has anyone had any luck tracking down the issue? or is it just the way it is? hmmm.....
ewox
Same issue here. The clicky tone is great but the volume difference when it's turned down is frustrating. I also have to boost the clean output, so it must be an issue across the board.

Kicks sound great when run through a compressor to reduce overall dynamics but it would be nice to not have to do that. The TipTop drum modules nail instant bass drum a lot better, despite not being as flexible.
tommy.york
ewox wrote:
Same issue here. The clicky tone is great but the volume difference when it's turned down is frustrating. I also have to boost the clean output, so it must be an issue across the board.

Kicks sound great when run through a compressor to reduce overall dynamics but it would be nice to not have to do that. The TipTop drum modules nail instant bass drum a lot better, despite not being as flexible.

Did anyone end up figuring out a mod that might address this?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1