MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Odd ball reverb pedal round-up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Odd ball reverb pedal round-up
CentaurMusic
Weird and wacky things - I want some ideas people! And no one is allowed to mention Big Sky....
razzmtazz266
"realistic" radioshack reverb is probably your best bet under 50$
CentaurMusic
razzmtazz266 wrote:
"realistic" radioshack reverb is probably your best bet under 50$

Yes, I've got one of them. Interesting distortion character. Seen videos of circuit bent ones that look interesting.
bob the r0bot
The Muza M Ambience has a special place in my heart. None of the reverb algorithms are especially weird on their own, but they can all do super long decay, kill dry, and have some unexpectedly extreme tone options. It also has this weird mode where you can save presets and then flick through them with the stomp switch.
julien
this is my favorite reverb pedal!!!

dkcg
The Jomox TResonator is my weird reverb of choice for my Buchla.
abelovesfun
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/202059525" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
I made this out of a $5 echo mic and a cheap amp chip. Fun!
Just me
Line 6 Verbzilla
IR
There's also the Danelectro boxes: FAB echo and those two food ones. They use PT2399 chips.
oootini
boss rv3 is cool. strange delay/verb combo.
CentaurMusic
dkcg wrote:
The Jomox TResonator is my weird reverb of choice for my Buchla.

I find it works great with synths. Really adds some magic. Not sure I'd want to stick in a guitar chain in front of an amp though.....
Brad
Picked up a used Marshall Echohead recently. Does some interesting things including a reverse delay.

Lots of fun so far.

grenert
abelovesfun wrote:

I made this out of a $5 echo mic and a cheap amp chip. Fun!

Very cool! Do you have a link to the project? I've heard about these cheapo echo microphones, but haven't seen one in real life. Where do you find them, dollar stores?
digitalganesha
Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Procession

Pretty damn interesting. The reverb has the choice of being run through a flanger, filter, or trem modes.... it's weirdly awesome.
Inconnu Ciel
There's the Industrialectric RM-1N if noisier, lo-fi verb is something you'd want. Mr. Green
Amer1231
death by audio reverberation machie
Phalanxe
Inconnu Ciel wrote:
There's the Industrialectric RM-1N if noisier, lo-fi verb is something you'd want. Mr. Green

The RM-1N is awesome..I just got one about a month ago. Love the way the reverb and gain interact.
CentaurMusic
Phalanxe wrote:
Inconnu Ciel wrote:

The RM-1N is awesome..I just got one about a month ago. Love the way the reverb and gain interact.

Awesome....just checked it out.....EXACTLY what I'm talking about...
koam

dkcg
I forgot about this one. Not exactly a reverb, but it's in the same vein.

tuj
the RM-1N by INDUSTRIALECTRIC. Absolutely MAD!

Also a modified EHX Cathedral sounds pretty awesome too.
silverapple
Not necessarily an odd-ball - but Boss RV-2 has been my main reverb for a few years now. I can get the kind of a fat and punchy organic sounding reverb out of it, that I never could out of a Blue Sky.
dkcg
Sam Ash has the Hardwire RV-7 on sale for about $70.
Stereo in and out with Lexicon algorithms.

http://www.samash.com/hardwire-rv-7-stereo-reverb-guitar-effects-pedal -dhwrv7xxx

Might need a little attenuation for euro people, but I've plugged in my 200e into it directly and it sounds great, especially for $70.
smetak
I second Earthquaker's Afterneath - amazing.

And recently, I got this from EHx - a "Brian Eno" emulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYgcSVrnR7o
flo
Not a pedal and kinda more delay than reverb (even in the hall / reverb setting), but the oddest thing I got here is an old Soviet Lell RC chorus / flanger / verb / delay. Fun dirty little thing and built like a Red Army tank thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3