cross-modulating...

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

cross-modulating...

Post by flts » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:04 am

Here's a nine minute twiddle of a little droney / ambient patch I did today. Quite unlike anything else I've done lately, but I thought it was fun enough to post semi-publicly: http://vae.stc.cx/mod/spakes.mp3 ... Truth told, I don't know how fast connection the server has to overseas, so if it's damn slow to load - you've been warned.

The basic setup is my little euro box going to Dynacord Echocord Super tape echo. The sound source is AFG sine / antimatter sine, but there's lots of cross mod between it and practically all the other modules going on (don't ask more, I just had fun and ripped off the patch after recording, hehe). Tweaked some knobs a bit every now and then to change modulation shapes and frequencies, so it isn't 100% self playing. That's what you get for not having a source of uncertainty or two to use :lol:

apemandan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by apemandan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:36 pm

really cool fits! Which Dynacord delay is it? The valve input or tranny?

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:55 pm

The tranny one, Super 75... Their older pre 75-models have tubes I think, may very well be worth hunting. I got it for _really_ cheap from eBay Germany and haven't regretted a bit. I also have an Dynacord Eminent II amp that has both tube preamp and power amp stages, it serves as a little mixer and amp for my organ (WLM) & string synth (Logan). Sounds fantastic for what I use it for.

I've been thinking of modding the tape echo to have a bit more feedback loop gain to get that "infinitely building" dub echo thing... Just have to open it and figure out where the feedback path goes and probably remove or replace one or two resistors. I mailed Dynacord and they sent me the schematics (mad props, considering the unit has been out of production for about 30-40 years) but it seems it's just easier to trace by hand. The clip shows the maximum feedback you can get out of it right now.

spbaker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by spbaker » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:14 pm

nice one fits! :sb:
the delay sounds fabbo smooths out the harshness just to the right point- from some of the sounds you should call it:

Alien Ambush at Gulch Gully- starring John Wayne!

a sci-fi western thriller :twisted:
new DVD out now Fracture
things to listen to and look at:
http://abreojos.net

Return to “Your Tunes Here”