MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

July28 in Berlin: IDOW screening + MORTON SUBOTNICK live!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author July28 in Berlin: IDOW screening + MORTON SUBOTNICK live!
s o l v e n t
To celebrate the August VOD/DVD release of I Dream Of Wires, the definitive and acclaimed electronic music documentary about the rise, fall and rebirth of the modular synthesizer, Monoduo Films presents a very special screening and electronic music event in Berlin.

On Tuesday July 28, following last year’s festival premiere at Berlin Atonal, I Dream Of Wires will receive it’s first public screening in Berlin, followed by a live performance by the legendary Morton Subotnick. Taking place at Babylon Kino Berlin, Morton Subotnick, accompanied by his frequent collaborator, video artist Lillevan, presents FROM SILVER APPLES OF THE MOON TO A SKY OF CLOUDLESS SULFUR REVISITED: VI, marking Subotnick’s first live appearance in Germany since 2011.

Morton Subotnick’s contributions to electronic music cannot be overstated; as a founding member of the seminal San Francisco Tape Music Center, Subotnick played a key role in the conception and development of the influential Buchla modular synthesizer. Armed with his Buchla, Subotnick composed and recorded the landmark 1967 LP, SILVER APPLES OF THE MOON, widely regarded as a modern classic, and the first all-electronic music album to connect with popular music audiences. In 2010 SILVER APPLES was selected for the National Recording Registry of the Library of Congress. Long considered one of the essential milestones in electronic music, it continues to have great effect on later generations of artists.

Subotnick’s interview in I Dream Of Wires, alongside interviews with influential electronic musicians including Trent Reznor, Gary Numan, Carl Craig, James Holden and Vince Clarke, is pivotal in the film, and provides a revealing insight into this true electronic music visionary.

The film will be introduced by I Dream Of Wires' director Robert Fantinatto, who will also join Morton Subotnick for a post-screening Q&A. This July 28 event is more than just a celebration of the modular synthesizer; it’s a rare opportunity to learn and experience the historical roots of electronic music.

Facebook event page:
http://www.facebook.com/events/1443539872636073

Babylon Kino
28.07.2015 | 8PM
20€ Presales
25€ At the Door
+10€ w/DVD

Tickets Available:

Yapsody: http://wires.yapsody.com
Babylon Kino: http://www.babylonberlin.de

Mark23
Amazing! I would love to attend this VOD/DVD release party of “I Dream Of Wires”. I am sure it will be an electrified night. A few weeks ago I had attended a huge music event at a popular party space nyc venue and enjoyed a lot with friend. I’ll tell them about this event too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1