MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fac drums
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author Fac drums
satori
I'm really keen to load the facdrum sketch but I'm having trouble.
Every other sketch I have tried is loading, but the facdrums folder doesn't have an ino file in it like all the other sketches I have, only a pde file when I click on it it says there is an error.

unknown type name 'prog_uint_32_t'

This is the same error as I was getting when I tried to load the file after changing the file extension to ino
Any ideas?
silversurfer
Thats correct, unlike the other sketches the fac drums folder doesn't have an ino file, only a pde file. Why, I don't know tbh.
Clicking the pde file in the arduino loader launches the sketch.
Not sure what your error means but you are doing it correct.
Have you got all the H files, C files in that folder too?
satori
Yes all those files are in the master folder. I tried making my own sketch with facs drum sketch generator and the same error occurred
fac
Old arduino sketches (pre v1.0) used the extension .pde (from Processing). Version 1.0 introduced .ino as the new extension.

I guess the .pde extension has been deprecated and newer IDE versions don't load it automatically. Simply rename the .pde to .ino and that should do it.
satori
unfortunately that doesn't work either :( Same error message occurs.
fac
satori wrote:

unknown type name 'prog_uint_32_t'

I'm reading the arduino reference and I see that most of the typedefs in avr/pgmspace.h are now deprecated.

I think there are two ways to fix this (I'm at work so I can't test them):

First (easy) way:

In fac_drums.pde (or fac_drums.ino), add this line:

#define PROG_TYPES_COMPAT

before the line

#include <avr/pgmspace.h>

Second (not so easy) way:

Go through all the source files (.pde, .ino, .c and .h) and replace every instance of prog_uint32_t with

uint32_t PROGMEM

and replace every instance of prog_uchar with

unsigned char PROGMEM

Let me know if it works.
eclectics
Tried the simple way, but it didn't work.
It then complained about pitchtable.c, so I added the PROG_TYPES_COMPAT to pitchtable.h, then it whinges about progmem must be defined const ... That was with the arduino software 1.6.5

The arduino.cc download page still has a link for the Previous Releases, including what they call the classic 1.0.x.

Version 1.0.5 works without any fuss-- no changes to the code required. I didn't try 1.0.6 but it doesn't mention deprecating types in the release notes so it's probably good.
jonnosan
I have uploaded a version of the FAC drum sketch converted to work with Arduino IDE 1.6.4 to https://github.com/jonnosan/fac_drums
milkyjoe
muffs sells !!!
milkyjoe
muffs sells!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1