New 3.0 firmware for PAiA MIDI2CV8

Blacet, Metalbox, Synthasonic, PAiA and the rest.... a frac frenzy!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

blandoon
Common Wiggler

New 3.0 firmware for PAiA MIDI2CV8

Post by blandoon » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Did anyone else catch this? I haven't seen it mentioned here and only just stumbled across this link: http://www.paia.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=625
Enhance your model 9700 MIDI2CV8 with added operating modes and features.

Gain eight new modes and new features to the existing modes with simple changes to the board and a new firmware IC.

Roy Gwinn, creator of the Gristleizer, and synth tech for the band Ultravox, has expertly refined the way MIDI2CV8 executes the process of conversion between a MIDI keyboard controller and the modes which output the information as control for voltage-controlled synthesizers. You'll love the way modes can be changed on the fly and remotely using a Control Change message. New modes lend themselves to newer MIDI controllers with buttons, pots, sliders, and transport controls, handling messages reflecting changes in their settings and actuation as varying or discrete voltage outputs from the MIDI2CV8.
MIDI2CV8 was one of my very first kit builds back in 1998 or so. But I still use it constantly and there's not much in any format that is quite as versatile - it's great to see it still being maintained after all this time.
:blacet: :sb:

dJ dAb
Common Wiggler

Post by dJ dAb » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Think I'm gonna give it a try
Hmmm... been dabbling in Electronic music & DJing for 25+ years. Collector & curator of a fairly large vintage recording studio. Ran a couple record labels featuring DJ ESP, Hakan Lidbo, Jacob London, Martin Venetjoki, Vitamin D, Chris Anderson, etc. and licensed to greats like Carl Cox, Dave Angel, Chris Simmonds, etc. Oh yeah, I'm also a builder of D.I.Y. electronics junk, including a mighty fine modular synth.

Frac Rak Users!

cupwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cupwise » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:44 am

interesting. i might have to hook mine up and check it out since its just been gathering dust. ive stayed away from midi 2 cv since i got into silent way. but if it seems useful i might consider this...

Return to “Fractional Rack Modules”