MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Suggestions about EHX Holiest Grail
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Suggestions about EHX Holiest Grail
Scaff
I need a reverb and spotted the EHX Holiest Grail. Is it useable as a reverb for modular and studio use?
D/A A/D
its quite awesome actually... For almost the same money, you should look into the TC M350!

On second look, it has been replaced by the Cathedral. I say go for the M350.
modularland
it sounds good but why get a pedal when you can get a VST that does infinitely more?
D/A A/D
modularland wrote:
it sounds good but why get a pedal when you can get a VST that does infinitely more?

Because it is infinitely more difficult to use VSTs live?

razz
modularland
ah for live... different story... yes holiest grail = great pedal...
joey
90% of vst reverbs suck anyway...
peh
joey wrote:

kinda straying off topic but which vst reverbs do people like? I have the Deverb and Ratshasck ones fromAudio Damage and both sound great to my ears.
SepticUnderground
after testing many many verbs, i only use ADverb from Audiodamage as plugin verb...

I got a couple of Line6 Verbzillas and they are very ok imo...lots of vintage verb models in it like fenders and springverbs etc.

And the Octoverb algo is also in the verbzilla, Eno fans must check that pedal out that shimmering pitched up verbtrail is awesome :0

the EHX cathedral looks mighty fine to me aswell, I know the standard holy grail is awesome
digitalganesha
joey wrote:

Hmm.... user name Joey, some hipster bitch as a profile pic wearing a love for NYC shirt....

This can only be the same Joey from VSE. hihi

Welcome man, don't into arguments here... we know what we're talking about. ha (jk)

So... reverbs... software verbs are only good if you have enough power to process them.

As far as pedals, I really don't care for the EH reverb sound. Are you looking for spring emulation? For spring, the Earthquaker Devices Ghost Echo is amazing BUT... it doesn't like hot synth signals. Clips really easy with electronics. For multipurpose live use, the Hardwire reverb is the BEST. It's a great stage verb, lots of headroom; I have NEVER clipped it, and that says something.
SepticUnderground
Hardwire I see more and more pop up, is that just rebranded Digitech pedals?

erm..yeah, just looked it up. razz
digitalganesha
Indeed it is, but they are actually REALLY durable. It's quite impressive and the reverb uses a Lexicon Chip.
cluster
anyone ever tried the Dr Scientist Radical Red reverb ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1