MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Drone Commander 2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Drone Commander 2
101010oxo
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/214561210" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/214561970" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

hyper hyper hyper
Kernelkunt
Holy shit!!!
duluthdack
I always wanted the drone commander 1. Then my friend and I bought 2 Grenadiers when they came out. They were interesting. I would rather have the Grendel.

A Grendel drone army would be nice. Nice demos!
Barlov
Instant GAS!
darmklacht@gmail.com
damn thats pretty!
Xmit
holy shit Dead Banana

so happy 1) I held out on grabbing a DC1 & 2) I held out on buying some other stuff cool

Happy to wait for this.... w00t
darenager
These do sound nice, although my mk1 won't be going anywhere hihi

Anyone thinking of selling their "obsolete" mk1 let me know as I'm thinking of getting a second one, of course they are not worth much now they have been superceded lol
Xmit
^
I like your moves Daren. hihi

tbh I'd be happy with a DC1 too... it's just more that they were quite hold to track down here in the UK. I'm thinking the mkII might be easier to get hold of when it first surfaces...
darenager
Yeah was pretty hard to track mine down, ended up getting it from ebay, still I think lushprojects will stock the new ones, that is where I got my Grenadier from.

I daresay mk1s might pop up more often here now the new one is out?

I note from the demos posted so far that the mk1 filter sound is not represented the same, could just be settings used or maybe it has been tweaked, either way you can be sure the new one will be great in its own right.

Now Mr Archer - BBOT next please SlayerBadger! (wishful thinking)
101010oxo
darenager wrote:
These do sound nice, although my mk1 won't be going anywhere hihi


Mine isn't either. But I get the distinct feeling that it'll get company.

To tell the truth the thing I've wished for most is the possibility to clock the GDC. Seems like that has happend thumbs up

I'd would make it so much easier to integrate it with other gear...
darenager
^ The Korg SQ1 works nicely for clocked filter animations on my mk1, but yes a clock input would be great, in fact I'd prefer it to the clock output if it were a choice, or a mod, hmmm...
thevegasnerve
will be interesting to see if they changed anything significant in this new one. It sounds very similar to the GC1, but maybe not as warm. The first one was so perfect that I cant seen anyway to improve that sound; however, more cv options would be great. I will definitely consider picking one up to add to the collection.
weinglas
Clock in is a great addition, so we can sync it to our MK 1 SlayerBadger!

And if you are in Europe: Don't sell your MK1 to Daren, sell them cheap to me hihi
Kernelkunt
thevegasnerve wrote:
will be interesting to see if they changed anything significant in this new one. It sounds very similar to the GC1, but maybe not as warm. The first one was so perfect that I cant seen anyway to improve that sound; however, more cv options would be great. I will definitely consider picking one up to add to the collection.


I agree. The sound of MK1 really is great, quite unique and characteristic. Hopefully mk2 will retain the voice of mk1 with more control/CV options.

I hope this one will be battery powered too.
Kernelkunt
darenager wrote:
Yeah was pretty hard to track mine down, ended up getting it from ebay, still I think lushprojects will stock the new ones, that is where I got my Grenadier from.

I daresay mk1s might pop up more often here now the new one is out?

I note from the demos posted so far that the mk1 filter sound is not represented the same, could just be settings used or maybe it has been tweaked, either way you can be sure the new one will be great in its own right.

Now Mr Archer - BBOT next please SlayerBadger! (wishful thinking)


BBOT?
R.U.Nuts
OMG. I just got a GDC at the beginning of this year. Love the sound. But It would be even better with a clock and audio input.
pzoot
Noticed this in the description on soundcloud:

"Prototype version of Grendel Drone Commander 2 from Rare Waves LLC. Has a 4-pole VC-LPF in addition to the original Drone Commander filter. Clock In, full voltage control, etc etc etc."
Kernelkunt
pzoot wrote:
Noticed this in the description on soundcloud:

"Prototype version of Grendel Drone Commander 2 from Rare Waves LLC. Has a 4-pole VC-LPF in addition to the original Drone Commander filter. Clock In, full voltage control, etc etc etc."


Yes, i noticed that too. A DC with CV in/out is going to be pretty bad ass.
duluthdack
pzoot wrote:
Noticed this in the description on soundcloud:

"Prototype version of Grendel Drone Commander 2 from Rare Waves LLC. Has a 4-pole VC-LPF in addition to the original Drone Commander filter. Clock In, full voltage control, etc etc etc."


That sells it right there, nuff said!
southphillysynths
101010oxo

Thanks for posting these! If anyone should receive the proto to demo its you! Been missing your tracks, I have to get back on sound cloud and catch up.

This sounds good, I never bit the bullet on a MK1 but I probably will now that this one is coming out. I'd like to have both, I just hope the MK1s don't go up like everything else because they are not longer in production.

I have a blue sky now and I'm pretty sure it wants a DC in its life...
SynthCat
I'm sure they'll be a lot of fun when they get out into the wild. I'm still somewhat partial to the ammo-case build of the MK1 though This is fun!
spacenoodle
I just wonder how close this can get to the MK1 sound. I wouldn't have known this is a Drone Commander listening to these demos.

BTW, you can add an audio input to the original for the cost of a 1/4 inch plug.
pzoot
Maybe it's just showing off the new filter and you turn it off to mimick the mkI? I guess we have to wait and see ... But I don't want to wait!!
noisejockey
holy heck. we're not worthy Had the v1 since 2011, couldn't imagine wanting a newer version...until the details about the new features came out...oooooh dear... SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo Rockin' Banana!
101010oxo
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/232084434" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Sounds great I think...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group