MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Active Attenuator with +/-200% Range?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author Active Attenuator with +/-200% Range?
Gizmo
STG spec says "The [three] cells have a range of -100 percent to +100 percent gain" which is what you expect for attenuators.

But over here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93523
Dave Peck wrote:
STG Triple Active Attenuator (Mine is set up for +/- 200% for each stage, so it amplifies or attenuates with or without inverting...)

Is this a jumper setting, or factory special order, or a DIY modification? Or something else entirely?
Gizmo
Solved. Asked Suit & Tie Guy directly (duh) and yes, a range of 2X is available in the Active Attenuator on request when ordering.
suitandtieguy
eventually i want to do a hardware rev where you can select this via jumpers on the back but quite frankly we're a ways off from that .... very frustrating Guinness ftw!
dykesh
Could someone tell me the disadvantage of buying the 200% version? I am not sure which to buy?
Gizmo
dykesh wrote:
Could someone tell me the disadvantage of buying the 200% version? I am not sure which to buy?

It's bit more sensitive to set because of the wider knob control range. Otherwise I see no downside. It's invaluable when you need to stretch a signal.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1