MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Would a plague bearer be overlap?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Would a plague bearer be overlap?
estin
Really thinking i'd like to add a plague bearer, I do already have a WMD geiger counter and wondering if this would be too much overlap. PB seems more harsh and gravely. Also curious about the build of FOH, never used one before. Pots bolted onto panel? I can't do knob wobble…. seriously, i just don't get it
EarlJemmings
Plague bearer is a very different beast. GC would be more like a broken robot, but the Plague Bearer is like delving and ripping the guts of a large guttural beast.

As for build quality, it's very good. Panel bolted pots, and I'm very fond of the knobs.

I have the v3, but I belive the v4 has a limiter, which I really don't like. If I'm not mistaken it can be taken out by removing a jumper.
HeWhoWantsJeans
EarlJemmings wrote:
Plague bearer is a very different beast. GC would be more like a broken robot, but the Plague Bearer is like delving and ripping the guts of a large guttural beast.

As for build quality, it's very good. Panel bolted pots, and I'm very fond of the knobs.

I have the v3, but I belive the v4 has a limiter, which I really don't like. If I'm not mistaken it can be taken out by removing a jumper.

V4 has a Limiter and yeah, that can be removed with a Jumper. From the product page:
Quote:

The limiter has a soft to medium curve and can be disabled by moving the two jumpers as shown on the PCB.

I have a dual set of V3's and I love the damned things. I also have a Geiger Counter and they couldn't be farther apart in terms of sonic offerings. They compliment each other wonderfully. I'd say that the 'Bearer is a great compliment to just about any setup - as it's both wavefolding and filtering. It hits a spot that few other modules dare to tread.
Dead Banana
estin
apparently the demo I watched was a rather tame one. Watched a few more and eek! its nasty. Looks like I'm getting one along with SOS, choices, and IMP.
HeWhoWantsJeans
estin wrote:
apparently the demo I watched was a rather tame one. Watched a few more and eek! its nasty. Looks like I'm getting one along with SOS, choices, and IMP.

The PB can be nasty as all get-up or really subtle.

if you want nasty:
- Turn the Input Level pot down
- Turn the Gain pot up

That way you really get the 'sound' of the PB feeding off the low-level input and screaming.

If you want cleaner:
- Turn the Input Level pot up
- Turn the Gain pot down

Then you're getting a little flavor of the PB on top of your original signal,.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1