MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Building Ripples
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Building Ripples
jackmattson
Hey all I have a riddles PCB and putting it together I notice an R47 on the BOM but the .brd only goes up to R46 ?!

Any clues? help
jackmattson
no D1 or D2 either.
indigoid
The Eagle files are the authoritative source. Look at the Eagle files.
jamsk
If you are building from the online BOM there is a good chance you will have a couple of wrong values in your build. Best thing to do is extract BOM from eagle file and check it against the online BOM. If i remember a couple of things changed between the online bom and manufacture(the eagle file bom).
You can use freeware eagle from here;
http://www.cadsoftusa.com/download-eagle/
load ripples schematic then run bom.ulp for the bom as a text file.
jackmattson
Fuck! Just waiting on coolaudio IC's.

Damned if I can read those resitor values with all the crap soldering I did (first SMD).

Just ordered all my parts for braids and clouds. Should have used that export trick before.
jamsk
I think they may also have the odd different bit too. Don't worry though, can be sorted. That same eagle program will also open the mutable .brd (board layout) files from github. from there you can see any part references you cant see through your solder (if you have trouble seeing some go to view - layer settings and turn off the top and bottom layers for a better view). If you check for discrepencies between boms then you can remove the wrong parts and replace (easier with smd than through hole, thankfully). It may take a while to compare BOMs but i think it's worth it as Mutable Instruments mentioned some differences in the older online BOMs.
All the best
Jamsk
jackmattson
So here are the differences for anyone looking:
(edit: these are teh correct values that differ from the public BOM)

x R34 47k R0603 rcl (712.5 1850) R90
x R39 6.8k R0603 resistor (1050 1712.5) R90
x R41 1.0k R0603 rcl (112.5 1612.5) R270
x R42 100k R0603 rcl (237.5 1612.5) R270
x R43 33k R0603 rcl (300 1612.5) R90
x R44 39k R0603 rcl (362.5 1612.5) R90
x R45 100k R0603 rcl (425 1612.5) R270
x R46 1.0k R0603 rcl (550 1612.5) R270

No R47
No D1, D2
R48 is now R100 - Trimmer.
LektroiD
indigoid wrote:

When I export the partlist in Eagle, it doesn't show up half the info that the Google file does, ie. I ended up buying standard 220pF caps, then looked at the Google file, which specifies <2%. The eagle file does not contain such information.

I would say Google has more authority when it comes to detailed part spec. Unless I'm missing something in the way that Eagle exports its part list?
jamsk
LektroiD wrote:
indigoid wrote:

When I export the partlist in Eagle, it doesn't show up half the info that the Google file does, ie. I ended up buying standard 220pF caps, then looked at the Google file, which specifies <2%. The eagle file does not contain such information.

I would say Google has more authority when it comes to detailed part spec. Unless I'm missing something in the way that Eagle exports its part list?

Yeah, the google bom has a lot more specifics for the parts but some of the parts are wrong , so you really have to go through both boms. Also google bom sometimes has a couple of extras like non pcb stuff like spacers.
edwinm
Thanks for the list jackmattson!
jackmattson
So two are now connected with all the pieces... using Eagle BOM

One the cutoff nor the CV mods for cutoff work.
The other makes no sound :(

Ok My first try at SMD so still learning.

Anyone kind enough out there with a working (DIY) can post some test point numbers? also where is the ground hole to use for testing?

Sorry total nueb here.
insula
i already build one and happend the same to me.

i use this sheet to order the BOM.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cqtogGVmOiN-dxsSQOX311SmHo0QrF pXQo7UR7lkvPU/pubhtml

but i just realize after order the BOM to mouser that 2 board version exits. I have a V2 but i order components for a V1

so try to export aagain the bom with the eagle.
adam
the boards i have are v0.1 - i think the difference between the google and eagle boms is 2 or 3 resistor values, someone posted them up
jackmattson
Thanks Adam, Yes I posted them but I need to debug a few things that aren't working.

I've never debugged before but posting a few values from the test points with the knobs turned to such and such would really help!
help
jackmattson
I guess it's time to start learning some KVL but the IC's throw it off.

Can eagle do something like spice to tell you what the values at specific points should be? Looking into that...
adam
I think you have to work out the voltages with maths - but you have ee's at work, give them sausage in return for help, honestly
berenie
edit: dumb question..
berenie
thinking about it, are you sure your diode's are orientated in de right direction?

D3 and D4's cathode are pointing towards the potentiometer.
edwinm
Just to add to the list, R40 has changed from 15k on the Google list to 100k on the Eagle BOM
JozeyWhales
To be concise, I checked the online google docs BOM against the schematic that Olivier provided and found a number of differences. I then checked the exported Eagle CAD BOM and found them to match the schematic perfectly. I hope this helps you in some way.
zarro
Hello everyone :hello:
I just realized that I made a mistake at the resistors very frustrating
I also find the google docs BOM Mutable cry
I finished cms party but I lack the jack socket
to check if the module is working
do you think that the problem of resistance is actually affect the proper functioning of the module? if so, which?
I am frustrated because I must recommend at mouser
someone would have the ref mouser components because I am lost help

Thank you

PS: sorry for my English, I use Google translate
zarro
jackmattson wrote:
So here are the differences for anyone looking:
(edit: these are teh correct values that differ from the public BOM)

x R34 47k R0603 rcl (712.5 1850) R90

No R47
No D1, D2
R48 is now R100 - Trimmer.

it means that there is between the parentheses?
Have you Mouser references to its components as resistors 47K 1% tolerance he proposes to me

http://www.mouser.fr/Passive-Components/Resistors/Film-Resistors/Thick -Film-Resistors-SMD/_/N-7gz42?P=1z0wljo&Keyword=47k+R0603+rcl&OrgTerm= 47k++++++++++++R0603++++++++++++++++rcl&NewSearch=1&FS=True

or I can use the same references used for resistors of same value, such as the same reference that the R22 is it

http://www.mouser.fr/ProductDetail/Panasonic/ERJ-P03F4702V/?qs=%2fha2p yFadujWqMGonbcVXReuDZOTgT%252bo%252bR%2f%2fY6pVgvQk7mMZWloNdA%3d%3d
berenie
resistors? just find the same panasonic ones as the others.

Use the eagle .brd file as a reference for soldering. type in run find [enter] then the component you want to solder, for instance R12 or something. and you'll see it's value/get directed to it's place on the board.. look around for Mutable diy threads here and you'll find how to extract a bom from the eagle files.

I don't think it's wise to power up the unit with all wrong resistor value's.. better fix those first. (Be carefull with your ''solder wick'', those pads lift up easily).

You can use kobiconn style jacks if you want, just put a resistor leg from the ground lug to ground.

Look for the other diy ripples thread for a more complete list of the REAL component values!!

Hope that helps

razz
lcf
Somebody has a reference for R100 and R39 please?
R100 is new and R39 value changed, it's now 6,8k.
It doesn't appear on Google's BOM, just on the Eagle one... help
tholos
lcf wrote:
Somebody has a reference for R100 and R39 please?
R100 is new and R39 value changed, it's now 6,8k.
It doesn't appear on Google's BOM, just on the Eagle one... help

Use the eagle BOM, the Google doc is outdated
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2