MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

King Slender
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author King Slender
Roy72
There's not much out there on this seemingly super useful module.

Anyone got comments on it? Is the slew a winner, musical etc.? How does the mixer rate? I'd like it to replace my PGH mixer, as it adds the extra slew and I don't need the 4 channels.
robotopsy
this slew sound really great
I tried it a lot at the dealer
and it's very nice to activate or deactivate the slew with a gate signal
the mixer is a basic mixer but with interesting mutes and attenuator and attenuverter applause
Studio-ES
Seems like a very good deal too at it's current price for a multi-function module. I need a dedicated slew limiter & could use another mixer for CV, and thought about replacing my Envelator with King Slender, but won't just yet. Why? Because there are no published power specs yet!!!
mt3
robotopsy wrote:
interesting mutes

Elaborate?
BitReduction
I just reeeealy wish it could cycle by itself
dropthedyle
Hey guys, if using a trigger in the input, does it generates an AD envelop ?
robotopsy
dropthedyle wrote:
Hey guys, if using a trigger in the input, does it generates an AD envelop ?

Unfortunatly my friend I must sadly say say

YES ! applause

but too much amount of ''rise'' and you'll lose the signal but the fall gives you a nice envelope with CV control and a gate in to switch between the trig or the slewed trig thumbs up
dropthedyle
robotopsy wrote:

YES ! applause

that's what i wanted to hear nanners
robotopsy
dropthedyle wrote:
robotopsy wrote:

YES ! applause

that's what i wanted to hear nanners

j'aurrais pu dire egalement

OUI ! applause
robotopsy
Here's some quick tips for the King Slender

DICUS
robotopsy wrote:

Thanks for putting up those great Harvestman Tips and tricks videos … The Kermit one i already looked several times … applause en Francais ; ça c est du bon travail ; et hyper utile ; Guinness ftw! …1 petite biere pour la peine … merci robotopsy …

PEACE
robotopsy
Merci.... la passion et les encouragements sont toujours une source de motivation. thumbs up

DICUS wrote:
robotopsy wrote:

Thanks for putting up those great Harvestman Tips and tricks videos … The Kermit one i already looked several times … applause en Francais ; ça c est du bon travail ; et hyper utile ; Guinness ftw! …1 petite biere pour la peine … merci robotopsy …

PEACE
mt3
robotopsy wrote:

SlayerBadger!

Just picked up a King Slender last month.
thumbs up
dropthedyle
Super !
Another nice and usefull vid from you robotopsy nanners

by the way, i received my King Slender this week, fantastic utility module ... but i had to return it, there was a problem with the mute buttons. the result of pressing those was erratic, sometimes it mutes, sometimes not... i hope it is not a design problem... probably not because on my malgo mk2 i have no problem at all with the same kind of buttons...
gliftor
The mute button problem has been discussed in another thread, and The Harvestman has looked into it.

"As it turns out, some of the buttons have a “bounce time” that is too long for the circuit to properly “catch” the button press in some situations."
dropthedyle
i had'nt seen that discussion. well, so it's a design problem ! pfff seriously, i just don't get it
robotopsy
I have this problem too but I can deal with this no problem..... but still would prefer to work properly. meh
dropthedyle
same problem with the new module angry
... it realy is "broken by design" !
dropthedyle
... and there is another thing with the mixer section : after powering the modular, the inputs with the mutes buttons need to be "activated" with a pression of the buttons to be functional. Otherwise nothing happen, they are muted by default, strange.

the upper section is real fun when gating in audio range ! thanks for the tip robotopsy.
robotopsy
Holly "%?!!?%$ Damm I just find out The King Slender can be used as a VCA !!!!

With the ''rise'' knob fully clockwise
with the CV attenuverter fully cunterclockwise
and an envelope at the CV in
adjust CV destination and the shape of your envelope and you got a clean VCA
waah applause d'oh!
algo
Anyone know what voltage is required to trigger the slew limiter?
robotopsy
I dont know why but I dont have the problems with the switches anymore !?!? seems like it strangely repaired by itself. Very Glad applause

dropthedyle wrote:
same problem with the new module angry
... it realy is "broken by design" !
mt3
algo wrote:

5V I'm guessing?
Also check if you're sending a gate or a trigger (trigger might be too short).
sackley
Realized recently that my center mixer input (with the attenuverter) is pretty leaky.

Even with the mix knob in the center detent, it let's through a "noisy version" of the input. If I slightly push the knob CW or CCW within the detent you can hear the affect at the output.

Does anyone else have this experience with their unit? I'm all for the glitchy flavor, just not sure if this is intentional, as it makes the mixer hard to use for CV.
robotopsy
Reading your comments made me curious so I checked it out.
I Used one of the 5V outputs of the pressure points and send it to the Gate in of the King Slender. I sent an Oscillator at audio rate for this test to the In of the Slew.
When the Pressurepoint 's knob is completely closed.. the signal goes by not affected by the slew.
Not sure about the exact Voltage... but I'd assume 3V you can hear the Slew amount.
But there's something interesting I noticed..... there's a certain threshold range that completely mute the Signal !!!

And sequencing this with a step seqeuncer add a little something to the list of good things the King Slender can do applause

mt3 wrote:
algo wrote:

5V I'm guessing?
Also check if you're sending a gate or a trigger (trigger might be too short).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2