MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

IMPORTANT! Wiard News!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author IMPORTANT! Wiard News!
Muff Wiggler
As you may know, Grant Richter from Wiard (www.wiard.com) has announced that he's discontinuing the 1200 (frac-rack) format as soon as his parts are depleted, and he's bringing back the 300 series.

well, i this this is GREAT, as I'm almost all done with Frac, and I originally got into this modular mayhem wanting a 300-series Wiard more than anything else. I'm going to be buying these for sure, no question about my 'next forma'. There is 8 modules so far in the system, and there will eventually be 12 in total

anyway, in the meantime, i've got 6 modules from the 1200 series on order with Grant! Don't want to miss out

if any of you think you want Wiard modules in your frac-rack, i would suggest ordering NOW to avoid dissapointment. these are some of the finest modules money can buy, everyone should at least have a couple of noise rings, those are one of the most flexible modules ever (clock, oscillator, noise source, shift register, S&H, random modulations, etc etc)

and the filters are sick - they are filters, VCA, and LowPassGates, and are the BEST sounding filters i've yet encountered, ever. Man I love Vactrol filters!!

anyway, order now or cry later. fair warning!
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
As you may know, Grant Richter from Wiard (www.wiard.com) has announced that he's discontinuing the 1200 (frac-rack) format as soon as his parts are depleted, and he's bringing back the 300 series.

well, i this this is GREAT, as I'm almost all done with Frac, and I originally got into this modular mayhem wanting a 300-series Wiard more than anything else. I'm going to be buying these for sure, no question about my 'next forma'. There is 8 modules so far in the system, and there will eventually be 12 in total

anyway, in the meantime, i've got 6 modules from the 1200 series on order with Grant! Don't want to miss out

if any of you think you want Wiard modules in your frac-rack, i would suggest ordering NOW to avoid dissapointment. these are some of the finest modules money can buy, everyone should at least have a couple of noise rings, those are one of the most flexible modules ever (clock, oscillator, noise source, shift register, S&H, random modulations, etc etc)

and the filters are sick - they are filters, VCA, and LowPassGates, and are the BEST sounding filters i've yet encountered, ever. Man I love Vactrol filters!!

anyway, order now or cry later. fair warning!

is the 300 series banana plug stuff? i've seen his stuff, but as most things, never heard 'em...
Muff Wiggler
Nope - all his stuff uses 1/8" jacks 8)
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
Nope - all his stuff uses 1/8" jacks 8)

i'm sure his stuff used to use banana ala serge/buchula
Muff Wiggler
He may have made a custom system with banana's for someone, but his systems have always been 1/8" from the very first prototype

He has stated for years that low electrical noise is one of the most important goals in his designs - one of the reasons he is abandoning frac-rack. The 300 series all have self-enclosed, shielded enclosures for the electronics. This design criteria alone would keep him away from using bananas (there's no grounding cables on a bananajack, turning your system into a big, noisy rf antenna!)

I've followed wiard since the start - they have always been my #1 lusted-after system. I would. MUCH rather have a wiard 300 than a buchla 200e or a complete large format MOTM system (my other 'top list' systems), honestly, I mean it!

I actually got into modulars hoping to build a 300, but was really disappointed to learn they had been discontinued right before I got my shit together. Wiard's partnership with Blacet was one of the major reasons I chose the Blacet format to start with.

Now, this is great timing! Just as ive completed my Metasonix system, and have hit about 95% of my frac-rack plans, the wiard 300 comes back into the picture. I'm building this for sure, gonna eventually build a nice classic wooden enclosure for it as well, and will fulfill my dreams. Take that buchla!

There's 8 modules currently in the 300 lineup, and grant has said there will eventually be 12 in total. The way his systems are designed with many features on each unit, a 'complete' system would be simply one of each, with little-to-no need to buy multiples of any specific module.

This is so so exciting - and the full system will still be a fraction the cost of a buchla, and capable of the same and more. This isn't your grandma's classic subtractive modular synth!
zerosum
I hope i dont miss out on the noise ring :shock:
Muff Wiggler
buy one now!!! i'm serious

it can be an osc

a noise source

an effect processor

a random modulation source, with very controllable randomness/repetition

a shift register

so many things, it can do robotspeak all by itself

seriously!

manal here:

http://www.wiard.com/1200/NR/Noise_Ring.html

some awesome user demos here:

http://www.modularsynth.net/viewtopic.php?t=162

also look here:

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/search/label/Wiard

scroll down and watch the following videos:

"Modular 2007"
"Wiard Wogglebug Controlling Plan B Modules"
"Wiard Noise Ring, Modulating Various Things"
"Wiard Wogglebug"

actually, damn, look at everything on that page

you'll get a good idea what a Wiard system can do
Chuck E. Jesus
hmmm..appears i'm way off...i looked at his stuff some 10 odd years ago, i just thought they were banana i guess....

there is so much stuff i just can't even think about affording, but it is some interesting stuff...i really should try and get to the analogue heaven midwest gathering, about a 2.5 hour drive, but i just can't make it...grant richter may be going, he has in the past, most likely some tastey systems..next year if i have the System 100 going nice, i might actually have a cool setup to show off lol
Muff Wiggler
some used Wiard modules (including 2 Noise Rings!) for sale from a friend who is raising cash to buy his 300 series system

I can vouch for J3RK, and I've bought stuff from him in the past

http://www.modularsynth.net/viewtopic.php?t=528
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
buy one now!!! i'm serious

it can be an osc

a noise source

an effect processor

a random modulation source, with very controllable randomness/repetition

a shift register

so many things, it can do robotspeak all by itself

seriously!

manal here:

http://www.wiard.com/1200/NR/Noise_Ring.html

some awesome user demos here:

http://www.modularsynth.net/viewtopic.php?t=162

also look here:

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/search/label/Wiard

scroll down and watch the following videos:

"Modular 2007"
"Wiard Wogglebug Controlling Plan B Modules"
"Wiard Noise Ring, Modulating Various Things"
"Wiard Wogglebug"

actually, damn, look at everything on that page

you'll get a good idea what a Wiard system can do

so i'm wondering i really like the thought of having a pure analog setup. i know that's kinda uptight or whatever but i'm curious what part does the digital play in the sound of the noisering or is the digi factor purely for control of the analog sound?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1