MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New ardcore+expander patch midi2gates
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author New ardcore+expander patch midi2gates
AsceticUnderground
I just added a new sketch to my ardcore repo that some people might be interested in. It takes midi via a midi to minijack cable into the clock input and outputs gates from the expander. Pretty cool to use with your rm1x, rs7000, mpc etc......

https://bitbucket.org/twhiston/asct-ardcore

I/O Usage:
A0: Channel
A1: Clock Gate Length
A2: Base note, this is the note that will trigger output on bit0, each bit output will be triggered by +1 semitone from the last
A3: Clock Division value, handy clock divider to use with the clock output
Digital Out 1: Clock Output
Digital Out 2: Start/Stop/Continue Output
Clock In: Midi In - use a midi to minijack cable
Analog Out: Gates out via expander
eclectics
Neat, will have to give it a try. Is there a standard midi to minijack cable or did you wire one up?

I've played a bit with interfacing ardcore with quneo, and ended up going through a arduino midi shield to get the midi in/out working. Midi to minijack would be cleaner.
elmegil
I'm also curious about the MIDI to minijack.... if you're using something like the Arturia cables which are really just attaching the current loop to the clock input (no opto isolator) that violates the spec somewhat and could be dependent on the MIDI source's ability to drive the load....
AsceticUnderground
I tested it by making a cable and then also bought one from amazon to test that it worked with ones you can buy, it was just some cheap import junk so expect it to be the crappest spec possible hihi Definitely no opto isolator, it still works fine though with everything i tested it with (computers, rm1x etc.....). I guess it does technically violate the midi spec, but as far as i know you cant buy a cable that does the opto-isolation
sneak-thief
Check the pinout of this:

http://www.schneidersladen.de/en/kenton-kabel-f-solo-din-2-x-3-5-mono. html
AsceticUnderground
thats meant to be for DIN though isnt it? I couldnt see an actual wiring diagram

On the Kenton site it says

1 - with a Pro-SOLO mkII
the DIN plug end will plug into the THRU socket (set to Aux mode) to access aux outputs 2 & 3, which are intended to be used to drive the accent and slide inputs of a TB-303 which has been fitted with a Kenton 5 Socket upgrade.
2 - with a Pro-SOLO mk1
the 3.5mm jack plugs will plug into the CV & Gate outputs of the Pro-SOLO used in sync mode, the DIN plug can then be plugged into any Sync 24 input on equipment )
loss1234
Amazing !!

The beatstep comes with such a cable !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1