MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STG Wavefolder Depth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author STG Wavefolder Depth
silverapple
Modulargrid and some other sites list the depth of the Euro Wavefolder at 64mm. Yet I've come across a few for sale which were over 100mm deep, which is too deep for my case.

So, whats the story, are there different versions? Or is 64mm just wrong info?

Thanks!
suitandtieguy
the rev 1 eurorack wavefolder, which is all that's out there right now, has a depth of 105mm.

we're working on one that's less than 2 inches deep, but it won't be ready until next year.
silverapple
Thanks! I guess I'll pick one up next year.
j_dowe
suitandtieguy wrote:
the rev 1 eurorack wavefolder, which is all that's out there right now, has a depth of 105mm.

we're working on one that's less than 2 inches deep, but it won't be ready until next year.

I'm assuming the newer version is out since I see Foxtone's description says 64mm. Besides depth, are there any other differences between the two versions? I'm particularly interested in knowing about sonic differences.
suitandtieguy
The new Wavefolder is not out yet.

There will be no sonic differences which aren't positive, or I won't release it.

We are getting closer to this transition becoming complete. I'm looking forward to putting out _new_ stuff.
j_dowe
suitandtieguy wrote:

There will be no sonic differences which aren't positive, or I won't release it.

We are getting closer to this transition becoming complete. I'm looking forward to putting out _new_ stuff.

Cool. Any eta on it? I won't hold you to it! Feel free to answer via pm if you don't want to estimate publicly. Props for living in central Illinois!
artofcode
Hello Mr. STG,
At this very moment, I am wearing the T-shirt you gave me last year at MoogFest!
I'm tempted to throw down for a used Wavefolder, but it's the older 4" deep version. You gotta admit, that's just Yuuuuuge!

But that aside, I'm taking your statement above to mean the depth has shrunk but not its awesome shape-bending powers? In other words, the circuitry and sound is basically the same?

Looking forward to saying hi at this year's Moogfest.
suitandtieguy
artofcode wrote:
Hello Mr. STG,
At this very moment, I am wearing the T-shirt you gave me last year at MoogFest!
I'm tempted to throw down for a used Wavefolder, but it's the older 4" deep version. You gotta admit, that's just Yuuuuuge!

But that aside, I'm taking your statement above to mean the depth has shrunk but not its awesome shape-bending powers? In other words, the circuitry and sound is basically the same?

Looking forward to saying hi at this year's Moogfest.

hey thanks for popping in.

the sound and the circuit is the same. i'm using the eurorack version in my demo rig already, one more prototype run to do to verify one last change and then it can be manufactured.

hopefully new Wavefolders in Moog format will be ready within 2 months.
artofcode
Yowsa! A used Wavefolder showed up yesterday and, oh my, it's crazy and outrageous! In a highly modulatable and smooth way. STG's demo video was just a teaser. Little did I suspect it could make those kinds of noises.
I've only run a Richter Osc 2 through it so far, then ran that through a Doepfer SEM filter, wiggled by Maths. That was enough for one night.
There could be another one of these (hopefully a new, compact one) in my Eurorack some day. Meanwhile I have a reason to make another, deeper rack cabinet.
Yowsa! Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1