MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Double triggers in Nord Drum 2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Double triggers in Nord Drum 2
ethnotronics
I get double triggers in a Nord Drum 2, when activated by gate signals from a Beatstep Pro. Of course I can reduce the gate durations for each step of w sequence, but I am looking to fix this in the Nord Drum, since I get double triggers also when I use the pads (unless I hit them for very short time).
I tried changing the trigger type but this did not help.
Any proper solution to this? help

I am a bit surprised that the Bird Drum trigger on both the rising edge and the falling edge of an input pulse (the gate): why the hell was it not designed to trigger only on the rising edge? seriously, i just don't get it
chvad
maybe it's looking for triggers and not gates.
ethnotronics
chvad wrote:
maybe it's looking for triggers and not gates.

...well... Of course meh
but I am surprised it cannot be used with pads and I was asking for a way to make it work...
chvad
"I was asking for a way to make it work..."

then convert your gates to triggers. thumbs up
VanEck
ethnotronics wrote:
I get double triggers in a Nord Drum 2, when activated by gate signals from a Beatstep Pro. Of course I can reduce the gate durations for each step of w sequence, but I am looking to fix this in the Nord Drum, since I get double triggers also when I use hot the pads (unless I hit them for very short time).
I tried changing the trigger type but this did not help.
Any proper solution to this? help

I am a bit surprised that the Bird Drum trigger on both the rising edge and the falling edge of an input pulse (the gate): why the hell was it not designed to trigger only on the rising edge? seriously, i just don't get it

I've been wondering if there was a fast and easy solution to this as well. Currently i've just been reducing the gate down to a number 10, which seems to eliminate the double trigger... but having to do this 16 times for each of the 6 channels is very cumbersome, and to the best of my knowledge, the setting can't be saved into the default project. Unless maybe im doing it wrong, it seems I have to do this every time.
dan_p
You could add a cap to the cable. I fixed the double trigger falling edge thing doing this (err, I think it was a cap, I'm a bit shit with electronics, someone else sorted me out (Tom Bugs, he's really clever). Try it anyway, it might work but ask someone who knows stuff about the value to use. Making some leads up will be cheaper than using up a load of envelopes or gate to trig thingies.
tIB
dan_p wrote:
You could add a cap to the cable. I fixed the double trigger falling edge thing doing this (err, I think it was a cap, I'm a bit shit with electronics, someone else sorted me out (Tom Bugs, he's really clever). Try it anyway, it might work but ask someone who knows stuff about the value to use. Making some leads up will be cheaper than using up a load of envelopes or gate to trig thingies.

This. Check out the bugbrand passive switches overview here: http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_6&p roducts_id=105
Clips a gate into a short decaying trigger.
d.thomas
What OS are you using?
I just picked up a Nord Drum 2 OS 3.0 and it does not have the double trigger issue. I purchased a Ladik Quad Gate to Trigger converted to pair with my Trigger Riot, but just realized its working fine with gates too. d'oh!
doskonale
Hello wigglers.

Bumping this thread. confused

I'm using the Nord Drum 2 (OS 3.0) with Trigger Riot. I do get double triggers unless I set PW to 0. It is an annoying workaround, as you lose the ability to make the triggers overlap by varying the pulse width, which is a really cool TR trick.

Anyone knows of a fix ? Other than using mutliple Gate-to-Trigger modules.

Thanks for your help.
ethnotronics
...still think it's a major miss from both the Nord Drum, to be able to rspond to gate, and the Beat Step, to be able output triggers without having to set the PW for each individual step.

I kind of gave up, and maybe the best option to interconnect the two units is via MIDI, so that you also get velocity.
Southfork
I get double triggering on the nord with most of my trigger sequencers. The circadian rhythm is usually ok and Triggerman works fine. Its not its fault really, it's designed to use with trigger pads, the fact it works pretty well within euro and gates is just a bi-product.
Paranormal Patroler
My intention is to make a 2HP Gate-to-Trigger module. There was a thread where someone had made passive one, in 2hp, for 3 Gates and said that it would be possible to squeeze in 4. So a 4hp would work for the 6 ND2 inputs. Since it's passive it doesn't even have to be on your rack.

Actually scratch that, you can make one on a large jack and plug your mini jack there.
Southfork
Ok update, I've found by setting the trigger type to t.AC3 I'm not getting any double triggering. This is obviously in my setup with my trigger sources and not sure how this will work for you or if you're using velocity or other things, but give it a go thumbs up
ethnotronics
Seems it's now possible to change the gate length of all steps with only knob turn (to make them short enough so that the NordDrum doesn't trigger twice). w00t
Much better than having to do that for all the steps...

From the release notes of the latest BSP firmware:

"SHIFT + KNOB : Changes are applied to all the steps of the pattern using one knob. KNOB 1 is used for RELATIVE changes and KNOB 2 for ABSOLUTE changes. Velocity, Gate and Shift can be modified this way."

EDIT: the problem of double triggering when hitting the pads is course still there meh
olaims
There is no solution to work with the Beatstep Pro and the Nord Drum 2 without getting double triggers?

I have solved to trigger only once by "play" mode, but when I push the Pads I get the sound twice, once by pressing and one by releasing...

I have the Nord Drum set up with the t.Ac3 and putting the gates on the BSP to 10 or lower seriously, i just don't get it
kismert
Hello all:

I was researching this very topic, and ran across this blog post:

Arturia Beatstep Pro and Nord Drum 2

This summarizes a lot of what has been said in this thread about getting the Arturia Beatstep Pro and Nord Drum 2 to work together using the Beatstep's drum gate.

It also addresses the double trigger issue when using the Beatstep's pads, as well -- a solution of technique, not technology.

-Ken
stwerewolf
Before I hit "buy" on a Nord Drum 2, anyone having any double-trigger issues sequencing with a Circadian Rhythm on the most recent OS?
r1n9o
Much success here with the Circadian Rythm / Nord Drum 2 combo. (No double triggering.)
stwerewolf
r1n9o wrote:
Much success here with the Circadian Rythm / Nord Drum 2 combo. (No double triggering.)

purchased, cheers
memovitch
somebody try to dissolve double triggers with this one? http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=559
Paranormal Patroler
This one was designed with the ND2 in mind thumbs up

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ladik-m-218
rico loverde
I used this with my Nord Drum and it works great. Small and cheap.

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=559
Umcorps
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
This one was designed with the ND2 in mind thumbs up

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ladik-m-218

memovitch
yes, M218 is here and ist perfect solution for connecting ND2 with eurorack. no more double triggers and its pretty sensitive to signal amplitude.
Paranormal Patroler
memovitch wrote:
yes, M218 is here and ist perfect solution for connecting ND2 with eurorack. no more double triggers and its pretty sensitive to signal amplitude.

Glad you like it! screaming goo yo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2