MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

elf lfo and asdr
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author elf lfo and asdr
chimologic
Anyone receive either of these yet and have anything to comment?

Must curious about the asdr as I have an lfo and a analog shift register on the way that should arrive on monday, but considering switching my doepfer quad asdr for 4 of the the elfs asdr's and another elf lfo, so curious about how it compares in range...
sgnhh
I have been thinking about the Doepfer A-143-1, but every time I load up the planner, it's obvious that the ELF modules are a much better deal (despite costing much more). My eventual plan is for 3 ADSRs and 2 LFOs.
D/A A/D
no elf's for me yet...
REwire
You can't replace the A-143-1 with four ADSR's as it does much more than that with it's cascading and LFO abilities. The A-143-2 however, which takes up like 28hp, could be replaced by four ELF ADSR's taking up just 16hp.

I have played with an ELF ADSR but don't know when they will be available as Peter was still tweaking it last I saw. They have a very long range is all I can say so far.
MrDys
Mine will show up next Tuesday. It will finally be nice to have some VCOs.
chimologic
yeah like I said I have the quad asdr, so I am talkign about the 143-2 in my case.

I Would loose the end of event outputs, and the ability to make them act like lfo's by triggering the end of decay back into the gate input. you can also patch them / cascade them by using those 'end of' outputs, so can cascade them several ways.

but yeah could fit a few lfos and the 4 elf asdrs int he same space...

Also curious about how the LFO waves sound when used as oscillators compared to other vco's
wetterberg
Quote:
Peter should be delivering LFO's this week.

I got that message on teh 27th of July. What a load of bollocks.

Chimologic, if you should decide to sell your 143-2 I may be interested.
Andreas.
flts
I hope mine will be shipping soon, haven't heard about it yet... Every time I've made a patch lately, I've hoped I could just have one more LFO so I could - say - free an oscillator or a repeating envelope for some other stuff lol
flippantminister
the LFOs and ADSRs are now available for purchase on the noisebug site. i just ordered myself an LFO. now i will have two VCOs!
chimologic
Got the lfo and the asr.

only had time to play around with it for about 20 minutes but the LFO seems pretty good to me, and the range makes it totally usable as a regular oscillator, specially if you don't care about precise tracking like me(I didn't measure tracking just a guess). the triangle on this sounds specially sweet to my ears, and the other waves available are all pretty good to.

The fact that there is an attenuator for the voltage control is great too, as you can add just a little modulation to a lot.

Only thing is that I wish there was a range switch in there as you have to be really subtle with the movement on the pot since the range is so large. but where it it fit? is already packed with so many features in just 4 hp. great module, very much recomended.

one thing that puzzled me a little was that when no cv was in the attenuator pot seems to still have an effect on the output, didnt have time to investigate further, but was somethign that I noticed at the end. perhapos a question for Peter.

haven't been able to mess aroudn with the asr but will in the next few days.

C
D/A A/D
chimologic wrote:

Only thing is that I wish there was a range switch in there as you have to be really subtle with the movement on the pot since the range is so large. but where it it fit? is already packed with so many features in just 4 hp. great module, very much recomended.

Thats why I got a Doepfer A-176... For fine tuning.
REwire
As there is only one Cv input, you can't fine tune unless you run both the 1v/Oct plus the fine tune CV into a mixer then into the LFO. Lot's of work and HP to make this a fine tuned OSC. I can't wait to try one out myself. Peter said it goes to super audio levels. I'll use it mostly as an FM Osc, not needing too much fine tuning.

Also, the ELF Leveler replaced my A-176
chimologic
REwire wrote:
As there is only one Cv input, you can't fine tune unless you run both the 1v/Oct plus the fine tune CV into a mixer then into the LFO. Lot's of work and HP to make this a fine tuned OSC. I can't wait to try one out myself. Peter said it goes to super audio levels. I'll use it mostly as an FM Osc, not needing too much fine tuning.

Also, the ELF Leveler replaced my A-176

yup I think the oficial word is that it goes up to 9 khz, plenty for me for an osc.

just read on the site that is a triangle core, that explains why the triangle sounded so good to my ears...
flts
Humm, hope mine gets finished soon! Really in a need of another basic LFO and I'll rather wait something I've already paid for lol
MrDys
My five ELFs (elves?) are sitting here on my desk staring at me staring at the clock waiting for it to be 5pm.
MrDys
Here's something I recorded today while I was playing with my ELF LFOs. One is FMing (audio rate LFO into the sync. not sure if that is "true" FM) the other. I fiddle with the FM LFO, filter, envelope, and rhythm throughout the thing. Watch your speakers/headphones/ears around 1:20...shit gets harsh.

Other patch details:
Rhythm: Flame Clockwork
Filter: Plan B M12 in Lowpass
VCA: Plan B M13
Pitches: Doepfer A149 Quantized/Stored Random Voltages sampled by a Plan B ASR whose outputs are being sent to a A151 sequential switch. It's running at a faster speed than the ASR sample rate allowing for arpeggioish outputs.

Here you go.
Cat-A-Tonic
Nice.
Those ELFOs sound pretty good. Even better through the other Plan B stuff no doubt.
Please give us a review of that Flame Clockwork (perhaps in its own thread).
It seems like it would add alot of nice swing to another sequencer.
In this case I guess you are using it as a stand alone sequencer?..
zerosum
Good fun!
Thanks for posting the patch details too,
quite useful for 4 hp space,
I want a pair when i get a euro setup.
MrDys
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
In this case I guess you are using it as a stand alone sequencer?..

More or less. I have a 16th out clocking a MFB SEQ-01 which I'm using as a clock divider for the ASR and Switch. The MFB locks into the Clockwork's crazy shuffle really well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1