MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC 602 ring mod ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC 602 ring mod ?
mousegarden
Had this for a few weeks now, and still don't know if it's working properly or not, I seem to get a lot of bleed through of the original signal, in relation to the mod output, my Doepfer has a more "modulated" sound, with hardly any of the original signal present. Just wondering if the ADDAC is meant to be like this ?
C14ru5
I'm pretty sure that it's normal to have some bleedthrough of the original signal. But how much is "normal"? That's hard to say.

Both my ADDAC602 and my ASys RS-20 behave like this, but it's more pronounced in the ADDAC602 than in the ASys RS-20. I've also noticed that it depends very much on where your signals originate from (probably due to differences in impedance). I often route my two inputs into the WMD SSM before they go into the ring mod, as that makes sure that both signals have similar impedance, as well as making it easy to toggle which signal is the carrier and which is the modulator and if I should use the top or bottom ring mod on the ADDAC602.

My bottom ring modulator on the ADDAC602 is also significantly louder than the top one, and its output is asymmetrical and distorts much easier. I have no idea if it's supposed to be like that, if it's a happy accident, or if the tolerance between units is so high that no two units sound alike. But I like it nevertheless.
mousegarden
C14ru5 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that it's normal to have some bleedthrough of the original signal. But how much is "normal"? That's hard to say.

Both my ADDAC602 and my ASys RS-20 behave like this, but it's more pronounced in the ADDAC602 than in the ASys RS-20. I've also noticed that it depends very much on where your signals originate from (probably due to differences in impedance). I often route my two inputs into the WMD SSM before they go into the ring mod, as that makes sure that both signals have similar impedance, as well as making it easy to toggle which signal is the carrier and which is the modulator and if I should use the top or bottom ring mod on the ADDAC602.

My bottom ring modulator on the ADDAC602 is also significantly louder than the top one, and its output is asymmetrical and distorts much easier. I have no idea if it's supposed to be like that, if it's a happy accident, or if the tolerance between units is so high that no two units sound alike. But I like it nevertheless.

thumbs up

I seem to have all the symptoms you have, I'm not worried about it, but
ADDAC are seen as a high end company, just wondered about quality control?
But I bought the ADDAC RM for variety, so........job done !
mousegarden
C14ru5 wrote:
My bottom ring modulator on the ADDAC602 is also significantly louder than the top one,

Well well, guess what ? So is mine !

hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1