MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wiard 310A Controller
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Wiard 310A Controller
Kwote
so i finally got one. been dreaming about this for ages.

here's a couple pics and a shitty demo. GO BLINKY LIGHTS GO!

Roycie Roller
Brilliant! All good things come to those who wait, eh? How does that model differ from the 311, and please tell us what it adds to your system! Well done!
Kwote
no difference from the 311. as far as i know the 311 is just the reintroduction of the 310A.

what it adds to my system so far is a great source of manual sweeping, panning, switching waveforms and tons of random outs if i bypass the joysticks and feed the jags different sources.

in the vid above i'm feeding one jag two micro lfo's and the other jag two VCS' in cycle mode(basically another couple lfo's).

i also have the dome outputs feeding back into the cv's of the VCS' which is bad as fuck!

anyways if i had really wanted i could've also patched the two joysticks independently in there as well.

so basically two joysticks and two jags in one 2u 19" panel. can't beat that with a baseball bat.

my deepest praise goes out to Grant's designs we're not worthy
consumed
badass! you're in modulation heaven now. enjoy.
parasitk
Awesome! I want a 311 so badly.
Kwote
also the jacks for this thing are super tight. there's a little panel flex but barely. i love these jacks. they're better than the blacet's imo.

i was gonna get some anyways for my mult panel but i'm thinking of switching to these permanently. i would even consider using them on future Blacet DIY.
johnnymad
nice one kwote! can we expect more youtube videos soon?
felix
Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance MY ASS IS BLEEDING Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance
Kwote
johnnymad wrote:
nice one kwote! can we expect more youtube videos soon?

yeah. i think so. how soon i can't pinpoint. but let's just say sooner than later.

i'm still in the honeymoon phase and me and my baby need a little alone time now that's she's finished flashing her goods for all of you.
wetterberg
the whole concept of the JAG is just so badass. That and the noisering are incredibly musical systems.
Kwote
wetterberg wrote:
the whole concept of the JAG is just so badass. That and the noisering are incredibly musical systems.

and the entire 300 series lineup! SlayerBadger!
Kwote
shit. in all my excitement i forgot to ask what are the edge outputs function?

i'm sure i'll figure it out with a bit more jamming and i remember reading about it ages ago but can someone remind me right quick.

thanks.
Muff Wiggler
oh man hyper

congrats Kwote!!!! SlayerBadger! what an awesome piece. In fracblack as well! sweet.

the edge outputs are the oppostite of dome - get stronger when the joystick (or combined input voltaged) are at the edge of the circle they can travel in, and get weak as it approached the middle (which is where dome would be highest)
plord
In the pix section of the Wiard yahoo group there is a graph of the JAG output functions. It'll be obvious which folder to check smile
wetterberg
Roycie Roller
Hmm...I wonder how many of those were done in black? You could be sitting on a hen's tooth there Kwote! Not that panels have anything to do with it of course! smile
But shit- now you can play your modular like a pinball machine. When you get your SN voice up & running you will be able to get tons of work writing music for computer games...
p.s. just one more vid?
Kwote
Roycie Roller wrote:
Hmm...I wonder how many of those were done in black? You could be sitting on a hen's tooth there Kwote! Not that panels have anything to do with it of course! smile
But shit- now you can play your modular like a pinball machine. When you get your SN voice up & running you will be able to get tons of work writing music for computer games...
p.s. just one more vid?

that's an awesome plan and actually exactly what i'm thinking. although not my primary music goal.

i've been told there's only two fully black 300 series modules in existence.

totally cool but the blue woulda been fine by me. i'm just lucky i got the offer i did. i was just postin for a jag and nuthin else then this fell in my lap.

nother video for sure. but i'm swamped with lots of things so probably not til next week. i'll post in this thread.
Babaluma
i've got a black 311 on its way to me soon, i used to have a joystick and a jag but sold them to purchase this amazing module, i can't wait to get it, i am so jealous!

i dream of octal panning under joystick control, i just need another six speakers hihi
Kwote
Babaluma wrote:
i've got a black 311 on its way to me soon, i used to have a joystick and a jag but sold them to purchase this amazing module, i can't wait to get it, i am so jealous!

i dream of octal panning under joystick control, i just need another six speakers hihi

yeah i think it's worth having the dual jags/dual joys in one panel. i need more speakers too d'oh!

but one thing i like for stereo applications is taking the outputs of each vca to different channels on my tascam then setting the pan pots as needed to cover the full stereo spectrum. then when you joy around you get a super smooth transition from left to right. no gaps!
tragedybysyntax
Jesus... I want a 311 myself.....haha.

I know there is a schematic for the joystick and gate of the module but.. is there anything out there for the axis generator? Would be awesome to do a group kit of this wouldnt it?
Kwote
shiiittt. might as well wish there was a kit for the whole wiard system. hihi

if a jag diy happened though i'd probably be greedy enough to throw my hat in the ring. w00t w00t
Babaluma
i think grant once mentioned that the jag was basically a highly advanced analogue computer, i don't reckon it would be an easy diy project, although i might be wrong.
Babaluma
just got a mail from grant, my 311 shipped on the 20th, can't wait!
Kwote
Babaluma wrote:
just got a mail from grant, my 311 shipped on the 20th, can't wait!

Babaluma
yay, my 311 came today!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2