MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyware Tinysizer - nearly pocketsized modular synth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Anyware Tinysizer - nearly pocketsized modular synth
XCenter
This stuff is quite incredible:

-> Anyware Instruments Tinysizer
apoptosis
Damn you beat me by 5 minutes. lol
sandyb
apoptosis

i locked your thread to keep any discussion in one place.

sandy
apoptosis
Thanks..

This was just posted on matrixsynth. It is called the Tinysizer by Anyware instruments. Its a small format analog modular system that uses a breadboard style patch matrix.

2 VCOs
3 Sub OSC
3 LFOs
1 Multimode 12db filter
2 ADSR
PWM
Sample and Hold
White & Pink noise
DSP effects (delay & reverb)
Midi
Ext. Audio In
ect...

It says the filter is "Oberheim style".

This thing looks pretty cool and doesnt sound to bad either from the samples on sequencer.de. I also visited the Anyware Instruments site but they do not seem to have any info on the Tinysizer up yet.
XCenter
apoptosis wrote:
Damn you beat me by 5 minutes. lol

Gotcha! hihi
Thx for the "tiny" pic. I´ve already swaped the link.

There are some more details to come, esp. the estimated price.
Now I just can´t await the "Happy Knobbing" modular meeting in May here in Germany. It is held by the developer of that little beast and he will present it there for sure. applause
Entrainer
I'd have a hard time reading that thing.
I'd have to patch with a magnifying glass.
Neat idea though.
plord
Yeah, no way, my eyes are bad enough already.
3vcos
ya, keep in mind you would probably be making your own 'patching cables'. Cables would be unshielded wire with maybe a .1mm header stake at the end. (at least thats how theirs look). Not exactly reliable (but certainly easy to replace)

Kinda cool altogether. If the price is right I'd love one. Lots of power in a tiny space.
JP
It's funny, I was going to use the same concept for adding a large choice patchbay to a casio sk-5 for circuit bending.

The cables are easy (and very sturdy) from sparkfun.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9388

My plan was to wire from underneath a breadboard. The thing I liked was it would mean I could breadboard out pots and switches wherever I wanted.

Just have 20 or so patch points exposed on the board and then go to town.

(unfortunately it slid down my list of projects, but this might spur me to bump it back up.)
3vcos
Thanks for the link JP. I should have known someone would have a sweet and cheap product already out. That perfect!

JP wrote:
It's funny, I was going to use the same concept for adding a large choice patchbay to a casio sk-5 for circuit bending.

The cables are easy (and very sturdy) from sparkfun.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9388

My plan was to wire from underneath a breadboard. The thing I liked was it would mean I could breadboard out pots and switches wherever I wanted.

Just have 20 or so patch points exposed on the board and then go to town.

(unfortunately it slid down my list of projects, but this might spur me to bump it back up.)
JP
Actually, I just stumbled across better ones, whilst buying a midivox on maker…

https://www.makershed.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MKSEEED3

midivox looks interesting, I'm planning on slapping a eurorack faceplate on it and seeing if I can make use of it in my rack.

http://narbotic.com/kits/midivox/
computer controlled
This thing is nutty! I want one Mr. Green
apoptosis
I really hope its not too $$$. I really like this thing. I am hoping $1,500 hihi
de_raaf
seems pretty unhandy to me
seems there is too much a gap between the knobworld and the patchbays in workflow and overview, seems fun in the beginning, but ...

maybe more expensive, a patch bay with jacks, would open a larger market and more easly have love affairs with other modular gears

looks nice

doesn't do me much
sgnelson
I just want to say, you must have pretty big pants if that thing is "nearly pocketsized" eek!

for truly pocket sized, and totally not analog, but very very digital, may I recommend the Apple Iphone/ipod touch or the Nintendo DS?

There are so many awesome little homebrew applications for the Nintendo DS, it's become my defacto travel music making toy, and of course the Iphone/ipod touch isn't lacking in this field either.

But while it's an interesting idea, I would hate to have to use those patch points in any normal circumstances, and while not exactly the same, I'd probably rather have a vostok, cwejman s-1 or similar semi-modular. I would especially think that the vostok/synthi pin patch matrix would be the way to go for this synth. I've used the cables shown for electronic projects, good for electronic projects, for patching synths? I would absolutely hate them.

Though, the more synths in the world, the better, and it's cool they're trying something new, but it's not my cup of tea. And the density of that thing is woah
aetherpulse
They should have made it smaller. Maybe trimmers instead of pots?
sduck
I think it looks great. Not the kind of thing I'd be interested in, but I'm sure lots of people would be.

The one thing that doesn't seem right to me is the huge T I N Y S I Z E R logo on the right - it seems very out of place in the otherwise very efficient design.
de_raaf
seems sequencer.de added value/price to it now
1600 euro
READYdot
Ok! Bye! 1600 is WAY too much for me!
apoptosis
Wow,yea thats a little more than I was expecting.
stretta
I thought the breadboard idea was a clever way to make an affordable, patachable analog synth. I was wrong, apparently.
bar|none
What is that? the same price as a Vostok? Less than a synthi of course.

I like the concept a lot.

They need to throw a Euro module into the video for a size comparison. I bet it's smaller even than it looks.
sascha.victoria
You could estimate the size of this thing based on the barrels of the 1/4 jacks on the side.

The patch points remind me of what a ribbon connector would attach to. I'd guess those things are mounted on a circuit board.

Condisering Anywhere is a small company making small batches of stuff, for a small fetish community I don't think 1600 Euro is too crazy. For the most part I think EuroRack has made this community want amazing new modular stuff fast and cheap. People tend to forget there's a little Geppetto behind the scenes trying to get by. After R+D, sourcing parts, getting cases made, build time, etc... 1600 doesn't seem so bad.
russma
I really like Anywhere's stuff, but those patch points are going to be too fiddly for my clumsy mitts.
Nelson Baboon
the price seems pretty good to me - this guy makes quality stuff, at least based on the inseqt.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9