MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[CLOSED] The last VTL Vactrol group buy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author [CLOSED] The last VTL Vactrol group buy?
Monobass
Group buy has ended

I'm placing the final order with the UK distributor right now. I can't add any more parts to the order now.

Like VTL vactrols? Don't want to run out... or make your own? They're going obsolete! They are officially discontinued in December 2015 and the last chance to order from the UK distributor ever is September 2015 so I'm doing a group buy at cost + 3% handling fee.

US customers may well find better prices buying direct in the USA but I'm not limiting who I sell these to. Who knows what will happen with the remaining stocks in the years to come? Dumped at a discount or prices hiked into the stratosphere? I don't know so I'm personally not taking a chance.

ENDS AUGUST 27TH!

I'm sorry for lack of notice on this one, arranging this with the distributor has been really slow but everything is in place now.

Monobass
More info:

Excelitas are the sole remaining supplier of the parts previously known under the brand name VACTEC, as originally manufactured by Perkin Elmer. These parts are being discontinued and the UK distributor PACER has advised me that the cutoff to order these parts is September 2015. It’s hard to be 100% certain but it seems likely this is the last chance to join a group buy on these parts. The press release from Excelitas concerning the discontinuation is included below.

Any orders made will be shipped in the first week of NOVEMBER 2015. Please note that any items ordered in combination with these group buy Vactrols will also not ship until the first week of NOVEMBER 2015.

SOLD IN PACKS OF FIVE ONLY, NOT INDIVIDUALLY.
Monobass
yan6
If were to stock up do I need to buy both types or is one more common than another
Monobass
The C3 is far more popular. You can always replace a C3/2 with a pair of stacked C3's too.
NekoNeko
Nice one for setting this up!
Rigo
Do you plan on selling kits for the TM Vactrol mix expander ? This will slightly influence the amount I order ...
Monobass
Hey Rigo, yes I will but I will offer the kit both including and excluding vactrols.
Monobass
Thanks for the great response everyone, I set an ambitious target for numbers but it's looking good!
zamp
Thanks for doing this, Monobass. I just ordered 4 sets of 5 VTL5C3 and 2 sets of 5 VTL5C3/2.

By the way, a few weeks ago I looked around for US sources of these and, at least in small quantities, I couldn't find any in stock for as low a price as you're offering.
MacSynth
Just ordered!
Thank you for organizing this! Woggle Bug
wminor
Monobass wrote:
The C3 is far more popular. You can always replace a C3/2 with a pair of stacked C3's too.

Does it work the other way around too? By which I mean, can you replace a single C3 with a C3/2 that's only half wired up?
Monobass
wminor wrote:
Monobass wrote:

Does it work the other way around too? By which I mean, can you replace a single C3 with a C3/2 that's only half wired up?

hmm.. that is a good question, I was going to jump to the conclusion of yes! but actually I'm not 100% sure smile
Monobass
I mean yes it'll work, is the response exactly the same? I'm not 100% sure.
Monobass
2 days left, note that deadline will have to be strict on this one.

Steve
Maco
Hi Monobass do you have free shipping to usa?
Monobass
on a group buy? no, I'm not paying your shipping smile
Maco
and could be possible to get other items and put the vactrols in there?

how much is the minimun to get free shipping ?

anyone getting this that want to share shipping cost???
Monobass
there is no free shipping on orders containing group buy vactrols
Monobass
Maco you might find you get more takers if your location wasn't 'here and there' smile

Happy for people to share shipping, but you need to work it out between yourselves and place a single order.

You can order anything else from Thonk at the same time, but note the whole order will be delayed until the group buy vactrols are ready to ship in Oct/Nov.
Maco
jejeje yes you are right MOnobass

Ok im looking to share shipping cost I want to order around 20 vactrols, Im in Mexico so no way to send to here, I have a pobox on Mcallen Texas.

Anyone in USA that want to share costs and are able to send my parts to mcallen TX

Dead Banana
StillNotWorking
Anyone know how Coolaudio's replica compare? Or if they plan to discontinue they're version?
http://www.coolaudio.com/products.html
Maco
Hey Monobass can I place the order for the vactrols and when they arrive I will place another order to get free shipping and you add the vactrols in this free shipment?

Can I send the $$ amount via paypal avoiding paying shipping?

Thanks
the bad producer
In B4 da t3h 8@nz3r@t3d

thumbs up
keninverse
just bought a batch!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2