MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Woggle Bug controlling EMS Synthi (?) anyone tried it (?)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Woggle Bug controlling EMS Synthi (?) anyone tried it (?)
greedmink
I did not get a response on the Wiard group so here goes:

Has anyone tried controlling an EMS Synthi or VCS with the Woggle Bug?
Looking for tips, tricks, chains and whips in regard to this rare setup.
I know obviously there are minor voltage issues. How does one deal with that, etc.?
TIAFWIW

help
plord
Well, I have no Synthi or VCS to try this with right now. If you'd like to come over to the East Bay and bring yours, I'd be happy to plug it all together and figure it out smile

We can either do this tomorrow (Friday) or else it will have to wait until I get back from vacation in two weeks. But I'm home all day tomorrow, so PM me if you're up for it smile
plord
Ok, so am I reading teh intarweb right, and the VCS is scaled to .36V/oct? What the hell?

You know, the Wogglebug doesn't care. It's not a pitched instrument anyway smile Just scale any of the CV or Audio outputs down until you get a small enough octave range to suit.
greedmink
ah... helpful, thanks.
... i had read that right too then but lost it and never found it again... found a reference to someone using some sort of simple cable that they had made to scale down i believe... okay cool.
wetterberg
I reckon normal voltage attenuation is all you need to drop down the voltages? But yeah, the wogglebug isn't going to care much.
laserpalace
Did this ever happen? I'd love to hear the result!

EDIT:

Maybe this is is?

revmutt
I think monopoly would be able to answer this.
If no one get's around to it I'll give it a whirl once I get my stuff reorganized.
laserpalace
revmutt
Please do! SlayerBadger!
mfirman
You might ask Grant what he thinks about this. He owned both a Synthi and a Putney during the development of the 300 series. He still owns a Synthi.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1