MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Diy power cable for Chimera synthesis BC16
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Diy power cable for Chimera synthesis BC16
GLDN
Hi,
I've built myself a power/midi cable to use with my bc16 and i'm concerned about using it with other gear. basically, I've soldered a 9v power supply to the pin 1 and 3 of a midi cable and I want to use it with an Y midi cable (2 female to 1 male).

It looks like this :

PSUl /-- midi data
......l /
......l
.....BC16

I'm afraid that the current will be mirrored back to the device sending midi info. Am I right to think this? I just want to be sure I wont fry anything before using it with my sequencer.

Thanks!
fonik
if i understood you correct you have a MIDI y-cable and you wanted to connect one end to the MIDI sending device, one end to the MIDI receiving device and one and to you PSU?
according to the MIDI standard pins 1 & 3 are unconnected, on both the sending and the receiving unit. so you are fine, or did i get you wrong?
GLDN
Yes, this is exactly what I meant.
on the bc16 the pin 1 and 3 are used to power the unit.
I was worried that these pins might be used for something else on other equipment and that it might damage the equipment if i sent current in it.

English isnt my first language, sorry for the poor writing smile .

Thanks for your anwser.
fonik
so again: according to the MIDI standard pins 1 & 3 are not used and left unconnected. i would not doubt that any professional gear follows this standard, however if you wanted to be 100% sure, open the case, i mean...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1