MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

tyme sefari mk2 firmware update?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author tyme sefari mk2 firmware update?
pwranml
Is this going to happen? Thought I read it in a post somewhere but now I can't find it.
c0rpse
It's supposed to happen some time soon. I emailed Scott a few weeks ago. I know it's supposed to make the pitch track better on SOT and increase resolution on the loop sliders. I heard that it may increase sampling rate as well. Can't wait.
robotopsy
applause I want this so bad waah
srsonido
pwranml wrote:
Is this going to happen? Thought I read it in a post somewhere but now I can't find it.

I saw him at the NAMM show and at that time he said the FW upgrade for TS was imminent - he even said to start bugging him if I didn't see it in a few weeks. Of course that was back in January and several attempts at follow up with him have brought no reply, so it seems like the timing has slipped a bit, but he definitely said it was coming, FWIW.
EternalTurtle
Any news on this update? sad banana
srsonido
EternalTurtle wrote:
Any news on this update? sad banana

A friend of mine - another synth geek - saw Scott up in Portland a week or two ago, so it seems he's still alive and in the country. But there was no mention of firmware updates.

It's starting to look like he has abandoned this project - no info/ no status / no firmware.

I don't know what to think.

:-(
spruce999
Are there any bugs in tyme safari mkii code?
c0rpse
Has anyone heard anything else about this? It's been a while.
mt3
What is the update supposed to consist of?
Matos
I asked when the latest firmware updates came out. I believe he said he's working on it again.
robotopsy
I remember someone asking for a 1V/oct traking on the samplign frequency and Scott was working on this.
What I'd really need on the TS MKII is incoming gates could turn off the DIR - LOOP - PLAY - REC Switches.

And if the unit could record CV would be awesome waah
mt3
robotopsy wrote:
And if the unit could record CV would be awesome waah

I thought it did? Or was that just mk I?
Matos
Just mrk 1. Good reason to scoop one.
c0rpse
I'm pretty sure the inputs are AC coupled on the MK2.

The things I heard for the update were increased sample rate and finer resolution on the loop sliders.
dysonant
Would love to see an update on the TS MKII for the sliders mostly. It is the bits of white noise and the click they cause that drive me a bit nuts. I am trying to get used to it and find something musically useful from the clicks and glitches, but not having a lot of luck. So, any word on an update? Anyone go to knob con and talk with Scott?
Endorfinity
lets bug Scott about update, I'd like to get a definite answer, whether he will make it or not
mt3
dysonant wrote:
Would love to see an update on the TS MKII for the sliders mostly. It is the bits of white noise and the click they cause that drive me a bit nuts. I am trying to get used to it and find something musically useful from the clicks and glitches, but not having a lot of luck. So, any word on an update? Anyone go to knob con and talk with Scott?

Apologies for latency:

hyena
great! thanks for posting this. such a simple idea but i did not think about it. i'll try sefari---streams rite now
hyena
woaaah! this opened totally new purposes for my sefari grin (like normal delay? ehehhehe )
bucketbrigade
bump for those curious about an update. Anyone heard anything?
adamon
Where we at? seriously, i just don't get it hyper
mt3
adamon wrote:
Where we at? seriously, i just don't get it hyper

The more interest, hopefully an eventual release.
screaming goo yo
c0rpse
I love samplers. My sound source is generally modular, but a sampler is essential to the final outcome. The Tyme Sefari Mk2 was my first. Its beautiful and ergonomic. A true inspiration for module design. It also drives me crazy. I need an insane sequencer to make it sing. I think about selling it, but the layout/design is so inspiring. Every time I think about selling it, I think about the possibility of an update. Please do not update the TS Mk2, so I can keep it forever.
Baddcr
Oh... Is this actually a possibility?
adamon
Baddcr wrote:
Oh... Is this actually a possibility?

He's made several mentions of it the past few (ok maybe more than a few now... hyper very frustrating ) years. Most recently mentioned in this: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186850

Waiting as patiently as possible seriously, i just don't get it we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2