MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

synth stores in st petersburg or moscow?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author synth stores in st petersburg or moscow?
woodteeth
hi all - going to russia for the first time tomorrow! wondering if there are any synth stores in st petersburg or moscow that i could check out?

also, i am going to make it to the glinka museum to see the synths there, very stoked on that!
radiokoala
woodteeth
yea, man,

check http://synthman.ru/aboutus

There is a map on that page, they have showroom. Sputnik modules, doepfer, etc.. thumbs up
woodteeth
wooo - excellent! will definitely check that spot out!
woodteeth
question: do they ever have any used stuff in? looking for some vintage soviet synths, if at all possible...
Dave Peck
Judging from that photo in the link, I see what appears to be a couple of long discontinued products (although they are not vintage Russian synths) so it seems they are not selling only new gear. Let us know what you find there!
woodteeth
i will definitely check it out. obviously if they don't have vintage stuff, they will probs be the best resource for finding some smile
radiokoala
woodteeth
I'm sure there is a plenty of old analog synths you could buy both in Moscow and SPb, but no exact contacts/addresses I can give, sorry! but if you list a few models thay interest you, I can google for actual ads for those in the area.

another thing, there is a phone # at synthman page – they surely speak English, so you may ask for that info either at the place or by phone. and if they know such stores, maybe they will even help you get there... if you're lucky. thumbs up
woodteeth
haha yes! thanks koala!

i am looking for a formanta polivoks, any alisa synths, or anything interesting and cool.

thanks v much!
radiokoala
yeah, I just looked, but couldn't find right now alisa for instance. sorry!

I looked polivoks and formanta too – well the problem is, mainly came up in results e.g ads from 2008-2010 and like...i do hope guys from moscow can do more for you though, and you'll eventually grab smth in the end!

thumbs up
woodteeth
thanks so much for checking! really appreciate it.

hoping i can find a nice dusty music shop that doesn't know what it has smile
johny_gtr
Check avito.ru for Polyvox, Rhytm, Formanta. It's Russian analog of craiglist.
Only in Russian, also you must put synth names in Russian in search field.
This site will help with names: http://www.ruskeys.net/base/polivoks.php
Hope this helps)
Fedor Synthman
woodteeth wrote:
hi all - going to russia for the first time tomorrow! wondering if there are any synth stores in st petersburg or moscow that i could check out?

also, i am going to make it to the glinka museum to see the synths there, very stoked on that!

Hi Dear Woodteeth. We will be glad to show you around the shop. We have quite a number of synths and modules, we don't usually host any vintgae russian synths, but I will ask some friends.

my phone number is +7-985-765-59-33. Please feel free to mail me at fedorfedorovich (loud barking Russian dog that looks like @) yandex.ru and call me our working hours are everyday from 15:00 - 20:00. we will be closed on saturday and sunday.

Wish you a great trip to Moscow.

Fedor
Endorfinity
Russian second hand market is a joke. 95% of peeps here are eithers lowballers or greedy douchebags, pretending you don't know internetz.
Endorfinity
Sorry, I meant 99% Miley Cyrus
10 Miles High
Getting a Russian vintage synth will not come easy by now. Most of them are sold already to collectors so probably the offers you may find will be overpriced. But don't miss to visit Fedor Synthman (he posted here), he is a crack and a cool person also. Cheers!
woodteeth
fedor - stoked to check out your shop! we will be in moscow next week. you share a first name with my favorite fighter of all time, fedor emelianenko!

bummer to hear that the secondhand market is maybe hard to get a deal in. was hoping for a nice polivoks but perhaps it is not meant to be.
Fedor Synthman
woodteeth wrote:
fedor - stoked to check out your shop! we will be in moscow next week. you share a first name with my favorite fighter of all time, fedor emelianenko!

bummer to hear that the secondhand market is maybe hard to get a deal in. was hoping for a nice polivoks but perhaps it is not meant to be.

Sure, will be glad to help, but please mail me at fedorfedorovich@yandex.ru or post here in advance in what day of the week are you planning to visit as we are finishing renovation of the showroom. I always like to have as much time as possible for the new visitors.

There is a possibility I can help find something (no 100% guarantee though)
Unfortunately polivokses have gone skyrocket with their price, but I'm in process of search for some reliable and working one.
Fedor Synthman
Also thanks for all the kind words from the people who recommended the shop. much love to you people. love
edwinm
Just wanted to recommend Fedor's showroom as a top place to visit! Real nice place and a real nice guy! Bought a couple of used Makenoise modules from him and am going back for more in a couple of weeks. Not just modular though, he had a couple of Buchlas and some Oberheim stuff with him. Thumbs up!
Maria Teriaeva
Synthman is really the best store in Russia with modular synthesizers. Hi Fedor!) yesterday I bought there makenoise O-coaste synthesizer. happy)
Maria Teriaeva
Fedor Synthman Thanks Fedor!
FearKonstruktor
+1 for Synthman
merijn76
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum, written from a snow battered hotel room in St Petersburg. I just wanted to give another thumbs up to Fedor, he's been a real lifesaver for a project I was doing in Moscow involving some modules, and...an old TV.. If it wasn't for Fedor, I'd still be trying to explain to the men in some junk TV shop why I didn't need it to come with a bloody remote, or antenna.

Fedor has some amazing Russian built modules, and a 606, and a 909, and loads more..., and he's just a great guy to hang out with too, which was very welcome after a few solitary days in icy Moscow!
Raja
Is Synthman still going strong / are there any new recommendations for Moscow?
10 Miles High
Yes, Synthman is still going strong ) and a nice person btw.

10Mh
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2