MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Dreadbox Synth: Hades
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New Dreadbox Synth: Hades
D_Bowman
http://www.dreadbox-fx.com/hades/

Looks great (love those panel designs)! 18db/oct filter, patch bay. As long as it sounds good (and everything Dreadbox has done so far has) I'll definitely be getting one-- if they can keep them in stock anywhere at $299!
Boatrich
Any idea how this compares to the Erebus besides the delay? I'm definitely trying to pick one of their synths up.
D_Bowman
The filter is different and typically better for bass. It has two suboctaves. Drive circuit. Without hearing it, I'd say the Hades and Erebus will compliment each other very nicely. I'd like to have both. It looks like it will have a note limit the same as the Minitaur over Midi (but not on CV).
DiscoDevil
The Erebus is my new favorite toy. Definitely support what this guy is doing. The Erebus has it's own character and is obviously a labor of love at the price point. Will be buying one of these as well.
IR
I think I'd rather get an Erebus.

Just noticed they discontinued the Murmox models.
DiscoDevil
Erebus is $200 more but yeah.
icosa
These guys are putting out some great little synths for the money.
TifaretMusic
Wonder if the subs can be played paraphonically? I wouldn't think so but the 3 voices total bit makes me wonder. This looks cool overall, I definitely don't need one as I'm pretty well covered for bass but at the price I might be tempted anyway if it sounds good enough.
burnn_out!
Miley Cyrus fml Miley Cyrus do want
nikmis
TifaretMusic wrote:
Wonder if the subs can be played paraphonically? I wouldn't think so but the 3 voices total bit makes me wonder. This looks cool overall, I definitely don't need one as I'm pretty well covered for bass but at the price I might be tempted anyway if it sounds good enough.

I don't think they would describe them as sub-oscillators if that were the case. Guaranteed they are simple pulse divider circuits like on an sh101
TifaretMusic
nikmis wrote:
TifaretMusic wrote:

I don't think they would describe them as sub-oscillators if that were the case. Guaranteed they are simple pulse divider circuits like on an sh101

Yeah I'm 99% sure it's just a weird choice of words, they'd probably have said if it was paraphonic. Still 2 subs is an interesting choice.
bob the r0bot
I'm not sure exactly how interested I am in owning any Dreadbox stuff, but at these prices, one will probably just fall into my rig somehow.
syzygywell
I've been trying not to pay attention to dreadbox because I've been putting out some money for the Dominion and Prophet and still am considering an AJH MiniMod and a SEM but the Erebus is very good sounding.
D_Bowman
Looks like Dreadbox has some sound clips up for this. Sounding pretty good! Self oscillation on the filter sounds a little "chirpy" to me, but I dig the filter sounds overall from what I hear.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/152627729" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
psykon
I really like what i hear!
windspirit
Love my erebus, this looks like it's great little brother.

I will say that I think the erebus is great for bass but I always end up either tuning the vcos to octaves or only using one vco with the delay off, so pretty much using it like this new synth :p.

I do like that this new box has an osc output.
psykon
Just preordered one at my local dealer. Guinness ftw!
windspirit
Has there been an estimated release date mentioned anywhere?
psykon
Haven"t seen one. But I should get an email or text as soon as my dealer knows when they are arriving.
D_Bowman
Dreadbox said hopefully before the end of the year.
psykon
Quote:
http://www.dreadbox-fx.com/hades/

Available for shipping on the 20th of November

It's peanut butter jelly time!
TifaretMusic
New video demo sounds great

D_Bowman
Sounds fantastic! I should amend my previous statement above about the filter sounding a bit "chirpy" in self-oscillation, I do not hear any of that here and actually love it.
hangar64
goodbye minitaur!
this sounds more aggressive and versatile!
Licudi
What's the envelope like on the Hades? Is it significantly faster than the Erebus EG?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2