MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Elusive 6th Module in my starter system
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author The Elusive 6th Module in my starter system
richardm123uk
Okay, I think this should be my final question so thank you for your patience.

My starter order will be for

6 U boat
261e Complex Waveform Generator
266e Source of Uncertainty
281e Quad Function Generator
292e Quad Dynamics Manager
Pendulum/Ratchet

My question is a multi-question one. I am thinking as a sixth module either the Triple Morphing Filter or The Midi/Preset interface (or another suggestion).

In a small starter system such as this what 6th module would be best bank for the buck in functionality. I have a couple of Kenton Pro II's that track 1.2 so that coupld be a temperary solution? but would obviously not give me many of the features the the mid/preset has. I had a chance to play with Ex-Dead's Triple Morphing filter but did not really get a chance to fully figure it out.

My final question is should I just not get a 6th Modules and put the cash (My 6th Module budget is $1500) towards a 12 panel case.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers,
Richard
prscrptn
The MIDI module is the best MIDI/CV device I have ever used; but if you have the Kenton you will be OK for the minute.

The 291e is very cool; but takes a little while to get into, and is probably the most challenging Buchla module to master.

I would purchase the 12 panel case; they are really nicely built and you will be happy you did! thumbs up
richardm123uk
That vocalizing effect I have heard on the 291 is very appealing (I forget the terminology). From a challance perspective that is exactly what I want.
abendrot
Looks like a nice system.
I potoshoped it for you. thumbs up
As I will order myself in a few weeks keep the questions coming.

citizen mori
I recommend the 201e/12 cabinet route! A clever thought it is, to leave yourself some breathing room for growth, enjoying the lovely cabinetry which Don has designed!
Peake
Triple Morphing Filter. The name alone entices eek!
cbm
abendrot wrote:
I potoshoped it for you.

I would swap the position of the Pendulum/Ratchet and the Source of Uncertainty. The P/R cv input jacks are all a shorting bar away from one SOU flavor or another.
richardm123uk
Hi Abendrot,

Thank you for the photoshopping!. Once my paypal hits my account and all modules are delivered I will be sending a cheque to Mr Buchla (and Mr Muir).

Richard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1