MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stilson Hammer mkII = performance sequencer!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 53, 54, 55  Next [all]
Author Stilson Hammer mkII = performance sequencer!
mt3
shootingtigers wrote:
I'd like someone to confirm something for me....

If I have a simple sequence playing and I hold down assignable CV A button and move the faders up to add some modulation, should there still be a change to the original sequence even with the assignable CV A attenuator pot fully counter clockwise? hmmm.....

Yes.
I use this magic trick to program beats for specific steps that have a gate value of 0.
shootingtigers
That's OK then, I expected the pattern to stay the same until I increased the attenuator which would be useful because you could in effect have two separate sequences and fade between them but it is what it is!
mt3
shootingtigers wrote:
That's OK then, I expected the pattern to stay the same until I increased the attenuator which would be useful because you could in effect have two separate sequences and fade between them but it is what it is!

The CV knobs act as offsets.
At first I was like "whothafunk....?", but then I learned it's a pretty damn interesting detail.
Shifting paradigms. Via CV.
The Harvestman
bemerritt
Well I am getting close to pulling the trigger on this after reading thru the whole thread. couple questions

1. Do you all think the expander is still being worked on, or at least a way to link patterns?

2. Anyone know where to pick one up in the US that is not analogue haven (would rather skip the hefty tax and shipping)?
mt3
bemerritt wrote:
Well I am getting close to pulling the trigger on this after reading thru the whole thread. couple questions

1. Do you all think the expander is still being worked on, or at least a way to link patterns?

2. Anyone know where to pick one up in the US that is not analogue haven (would rather skip the hefty tax and shipping)?

1. We're only speculating, but we all assume the answer is "yes".

2. They're currently manufacturing a bunch to keep up with the demand. They should be available everywhere within the next month or two.
phutureboy
funny noone announced new firmware 1.777 here :
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=180432&highlight=
Infinity Curve
So this evening I finally had some time to sit down and fire this guy up and man is it awesome!! Barely scratched the surface so far and already had it spitting out pure madness. Looooooove the burst functionality
tebs213
Does anyone know, is it possible to randomize each individual step in a track separately? So that I can randomize a pitch CV for specific steps in a track only, or have a random probability of a gate firing off that's different per step in a track?
soundslikejoe
I think you can use the CV inputs to add random to a step.... but gate probability isn't a feature. You could use a probability module that skips gates (Ladik S-090, Addac 504, Skipmin) .... but I don't know of one that adds gates.
Paranormal Patroler
By the way, there's a 1.8 out for everyone who didn't notice.
soundslikejoe
From 1.8 Read Me file...
Quote:
New Feature: Sequence Rotation Visual Aid

When step rotation is enabled on the currently selected track, you will see TWO illuminated slider LEDs during normal operation. The second LED will flicker. The solid LED indicates the current sequencer position (non-rotated), while the flickering LED represents the position in the sequence where the data is actually being played back. To edit a rotated sequence, note the position of the flickering LED and move that slider in order to change the data being played back at the position of the solid LED.

Haven't updated yet... if you have... can you help explain this a bit more? As the sequence plays, it seems there will be two illuminated LEDs moving from step to step. No? So... you must move the flickering-LED to edit the pitch and/or gate? Curious... will def try it, but interested to see what early adopters think?

Quote:
Initializing a track no longer causes an 8V wink to briefly appear at the CV output.
FINALLY! This was always a terror for performance wiggling.
sendepause
soundslikejoe wrote:
From 1.8 Read Me file...
Quote:
New Feature: Sequence Rotation Visual Aid

When step rotation is enabled on the currently selected track, you will see TWO illuminated slider LEDs during normal operation. The second LED will flicker. The solid LED indicates the current sequencer position (non-rotated), while the flickering LED represents the position in the sequence where the data is actually being played back. To edit a rotated sequence, note the position of the flickering LED and move that slider in order to change the data being played back at the position of the solid LED.

Haven't updated yet... if you have... can you help explain this a bit more? As the sequence plays, it seems there will be two illuminated LEDs moving from step to step. No? So... you must move the flickering-LED to edit the pitch and/or gate? Curious... will def try it, but interested to see what early adopters think?

First solid led is the current step of the (global) sequence. The second blinking step is the actually step that's being played in that sequence.
Let a kick and hi hat sequence run with a different secuencer and try the step rotate out on the sh2. You'll get the point ;-) (that's how I did it)
metel909
Finally, i got stilson..and i play them last night..wow...wonderful instrument..and it's gonna be a killer for a live...

however, one thing i wants to know that is there any way to make

64 step pendulum mode ?

i mean there is 4 tracks i know but is there somehow we can chain them all together? so the all sum of 4track cv and gate are out..maybe my english is not good enough that some of them might confused but...someone please help me lol it would be more fun to create 64 step !

Thanks we're not worthy razz
mt3
metel909 wrote:
Finally, i got stilson..and i play them last night..wow...wonderful instrument..and it's gonna be a killer for a live...

64 step pendulum mode ?

i mean there is 4 tracks i know but is there somehow we can chain them all together? so the all sum of 4track cv and gate are out..maybe my english is not good enough that some of them might confused but...someone please help me lol it would be more fun to create 64 step !

A-151
soundslikejoe
metel909 wrote:

64 step pendulum mode ?

ADDAC206 Miley Cyrus

I got one for this very reason... and it does much more. Actually works well as a nice distortion too.
metel909
mt3 wrote:
metel909 wrote:

64 step pendulum mode ?

A-151

I am going to research about this module for sure smile Thank you mt3 !
metel909
soundslikejoe wrote:
metel909 wrote:

64 step pendulum mode ?

ADDAC206 Miley Cyrus

I got one for this very reason... and it does much more. Actually works well as a nice distortion too.

Thanks for your recommendation !!! this one looks fun to me ! I am going to research more about this module as well as A-151 !

Thank you love love love love
Paranormal Patroler
I pair the SHmk2 with the ADDAC206. As I frequently say (in this here forum) the 206 has got to be the most hands-on/playable switch available in Eurorack. Got the SHmk2 to have a hands-on sequencer and the 206 really works well together with it ...
weirdo
Can anyone explain me how to use clock divisions + individual tempo for each track? I tried to follow the manual and im sure its my fault/user error but i have to ask..
Atm. i want to use the shmk2 as my main-sequencer = internal clock. I dont have any other hardware sequencer and try to avoid using my computer to send cv-out.

I need to slow down a few tracks for ambient sounds but still want to keep the main-tempo on kick+bass etc.

(i just updated to firmwware 1.8)

Edit: Multiplication clock per track would be nice indeed.
sackley
By entering the Transport options menu (button just above internal/external clock select button) you can set the current track's divisor from /1 to /32.

I'd love to see individual track clock inputs on an expander, but then I would need to grow my case or make room! Pretty damn happy anyways.
mt3
Expander Banter

This is unicorn territory...

* 3 more LED displays per track
* 3 more separate clk inputs per track
* 6 more CV inputs, 2 per track
metel909
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
I pair the SHmk2 with the ADDAC206. As I frequently say (in this here forum) the 206 has got to be the most hands-on/playable switch available in Eurorack. Got the SHmk2 to have a hands-on sequencer and the 206 really works well together with it ...

ordered 206 ! couldn't find them in used market..can't wait to pair 206 with Stillson ! but thanks for your recommendation !
weirdo
sackley wrote:
By entering the Transport options menu (button just above internal/external clock select button) you can set the current track's divisor from /1 to /32.

d'oh! thanks!
StanleyHiller
Anyone else updated to 1.8?

It seems to have basically made mine entirely useless. Won't send CV consistently from any of my presents, literally just shoots out long random pitches completely out of sync with the module. Gates work, but not when there are two in a row, on sequences that totally worked before (wtf?!?)

I know this module has a ton of options and probably required some pretty serious programming but I'm so pissed off right now, I may try to downgrade back to 1.666 but I'm not even sure if you can

Grrr......
StanleyHiller
Determined it was 1.777

Fuckkkkk... Back to 1.666

This thing is glitchy as fuck.

How long has this thing been around where it's still so fuckin glitchy?

Anyone know how to backup sequences with the pickit? I'd love to try just totally erasing it it and starting from scratch to see if I have the same issues, but this just kinda derailed a day for me confused
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 53, 54, 55  Next [all]
Page 38 of 55