MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NI releases Reaktor 6
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author NI releases Reaktor 6
beedeesmith
Native Instruments has released Reaktor 6.
Zon
The blocks look very interesting, nice design.
ben jah men
So cool that this made it to release without any hype.

It looks absolutely incredible. All the updates seem to make total sense. Lets see how people respond that are higher level programmers than I.

I'm not thrilled that they are saying I will need to update OS X to 10.9... I just rolled back to 10.8.5 a few months ago hoping to gain better performance due to having an older machine.

I'm going for it though, this is the "Reaktor" I have always wanted.. Basically what I've been waiting for. Well.. Time will tell!
soup
Smais
For some reason Live doesn't see the VST even though it is in the folder. Any ideas?

*sorted: I had to switch to 64bit, reaktor 6 doesnt do 32bit
jabs
Komplete 11 incoming soon? I'm kinda holding out for that, depending what else is getting exciting updates.
timoka

hm---let's see, final out from dpo into an output from the doepfer sequencer...
es-3 without connection...optomix without input...
ah well, nevermind, it is just for decoration
radiokoala
lol Well I guess if there was a competition 'win $1000 by answering what's wrong with this photo' for edm crowd/public they tried to appeal to with choice of sounds in their trailer... NI could feel safe about their thousand. Miley Cyrus

________

...upd. Also look at the screen: now Reaktor has some metasonix! meh twisted
timoka
hehe, yes. ^
ah well, i've waited soooo long for this reaktor 6 and now i couldn't care less. and why do these new and fancy software products always have to look like some kind of plastic toys?? anyway, i will update and have a look into these new edm building blocks!
yghartsyrt
I'm incredibly underwhelmed.
Sure it's cheaper now. It has a lot of core stuff that new and a new interface and this blocks thing, which does audio-rate modulation. But compared to Max 7 this looks kind of lame.
Plus - no new ensembles is really bizarre.
Is there a demo somewhere? I couldn't find one
analogue01
(ignore)
ignatius
people are saying the "blocks" sound really great.

i'll probably wait to see if they roll reaktor6 into next komplete version.. not really sure i need anything else in komplete though.. haven't updated that in a long while. depends what else they add/update etc.

but $99 is reasonable i guess. (though i'm more curious about whatever Madrona labs does next)

it's still not a nord modular interface wink

but i digress....
radiokoala
Y'know... as an environment it kinda looks more of a creative space than Ableton (which I bought) right now to me. Well yeah, it can't host VSTs – understandably, – but then in a teaser I saw an UI with several sequencers, vcos, drums, or whatever, and it makes sense to me: it's kinda like a table full of gadgets and instant overview of it, comes handy. A usual DAW with all those plugin windows floating around looks clumsy in comparison, or Live again... you can't really see what's going on in your Operator if you e.g have your Drum Rack open... you know?

So that looks really good now.

I think if I had that, first things first I would've programmed a few simple drum synths and arranged them so I have something like volca beats on screen - xox grid, maybe 10 tracks, and then settings for those 10 at the top, each with their own engine... like snare, clap, fm perc... etc kinda thing. Is there anything like that at all in the plugin world? It sucks so much there is like 1,000,000 f**ken compressors, and then delay plugins, but nothing remotely similar to insta hands-on drum machine. Where's all that?? I just would like a single window with built-in sequencer and few parameters per part, so you could jam. I can't even recall anything like that except Sonic Charge uTonic. sad banana
scottmoon
Listened to some of the sample tracks, sounds like a computer. Turned up my modular, no comparison. Meh
chamomileshark
well I personally welcome our new overlords...

it does look interesting and I might actually even create my own stuff with these blocks..

..but like many others I think I'll wait for Komplete 11...I have Komplete 9 and really felt there was no need to go for 10 but add in Reaktor 6, molekular and I'll be there.
thelizard
Bought it, and quite like it. The workflow is great, and... FEEDBACK. It hasn't been this easy to patch feedback in a software module since the Nord Modular. The Blocks that come with it are already quite good, especially the filters.

I'm thinking of resurrecting my Max Euromax project for Reaktor and creating a bunch of Eurorack-emulation Blocks.
AdamJay
Good to hear.
The moment this popped up in my email, I thought hmmm, I may be better off spending the money for a G2 on a faster Mac and the $99 Reaktor upgrade.
Raytracer
thelizard wrote:
Bought it, and quite like it. The workflow is great, and... FEEDBACK. It hasn't been this easy to patch feedback in a software module since the Nord Modular. The Blocks that come with it are already quite good, especially the filters.

I'm thinking of resurrecting my Max Euromax project for Reaktor and creating a bunch of Eurorack-emulation Blocks.

Looks like some thought has been put into the block building side of things as well.

Intro to building using the Blocks Template
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbZH80EJzIc
stk
Looks pretty cool, will probably upgrade.
I quite like the blocks concept (and look). As someone who has spent thousands of hours in Reaktor (and Euro) I'm kind of bored of that world, want more instant gratification for making music so thumbs up
Raytracer
Shame there is no script module. Generative tasks would be much easier.. :(
stk
Raytracer wrote:

That is a shame. Bunch of (not instant gratification) stuff I want to do involving sequencing would be far more neat & straightforward to do in code rather than visually.
Bacchus
Just thought it would be good to let you guys know that there's been quite a few wigglers involved in the development of Reaktor 6. It was made with love, and it was made with wigglers in mind.

There's a lot of brand new DSP in the Blocks, and a huge amount of time and effort was put into making sure you can abuse them just like you would a real module - everything handles feedback and audio-rate modulation gracefully for example. In my view (admittedly biased), using Blocks is the first time since the original Nord Modular that I've replicated that feeling I get from a real modular in software. There's a whole world of interesting sound in just cross-patching a couple of modules.

Hope everyone enjoys this, and rest assured it's just the beginning wink
soup
AdamJay wrote:
faster Mac

^This^

It's to be expected as my mac isn't remotely new but some of the included collections of blocks are running roughshod over my cpu.

I've only had a quick play but I'm digging it and when weirdo blocks start showing up in the user library ... Dead Banana
Raytracer
stk wrote:
Raytracer wrote:

That is a shame. Bunch of (not instant gratification) stuff I want to do involving sequencing would be far more neat & straightforward to do in code rather than visually.

Some stuff is sooo much easier in code. I tried making a CV pitch quantiser in Reaktor and couldn't get it to work.
Raytracer
Bacchus wrote:
In my view (admittedly biased), using Blocks is the first time since the original Nord Modular that I've replicated that feeling I get from a real modular in software. There's a whole world of interesting sound in just cross-patching a couple of modules.

It does look promising.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 1 of 24