MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What simple Buchla comaptible modules would you like to see?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author What simple Buchla comaptible modules would you like to see?
intellijel
Just testing the waters on this...

Eardrill has come up with some great Buchla compatible modules and I was wondering if there is a need or demand for others?

What are some modules in Euroland that you wish existed for Buchla?
ex_dead_teenager
Boolean Gates

Analogue Shift Register

those are my two biggies
Reed
Mark Verbos makes a killer shift register, and you can get kind of Boolean with a Buchla voltage processor.
intellijel
Reed wrote:
Mark Verbos makes a killer shift register, and you can get kind of Boolean with a Buchla voltage processor.

Where can you buy the Verbos SR?
ex_dead_teenager
I have a voltage processor! how do I get Boolean with it? hyper
bwhittington
Something kinda like a QMMG would be nice. Trampoline hihi

I'm not sure how many "simple" modules people will be wanting to put in the limited real estate of a Buchla case.

Cheers,
Brian
dougcl
I think the overdue Transcontinental Rails in euro format would be a win. Just something that converts cv's and triggers to the right ranges.
dougcl
bwhittington wrote:
Something kinda like a QMMG would be nice. Trampoline hihi

It's true though!
bwhittington
dougcl wrote:
I think the overdue Transcontinental Rails in euro format would be a win. Just something that converts cv's and triggers to the right ranges.

There ya go. Perfect one.

Cheers,
Brian
chrisso
Basic sequencers for me - similar to the Serge SQP6 or the Buchla 200 series (245 or 246).
A resonant LPF or multimode (LPF/BPF/HPF) would be fun...... why not?

Love the Serge RES EQ.
What about additional separate outs for each frequency and vc control.
Isabelle Gall
Something granular. A buffer bucking Buchla tricked out Teaspoon type thing.

Anything that will make me not want to buy Kyma anymore pretty much.

Oh wait, simple you said?
mono-poly
VCA
Fidgit
dougcl wrote:

yes! YES! thumbs up

besides, i ask myself if buchla owners would really want to dedicate their precious cabinet space to euro modules (or converted ones). sometimes maybe quite vanilla designs.
wouldn't they rather get a euro case and put it next to their buchla system? and for that purpose something "transcontinental rails" like would be quite handy.
ndkent
I guess Eardrill has a good future approach of a lot of simple in a small space. Unless you have a DIY case, to me the real estate is a big issue. Also a key reason to go 200e for me was the patch storage and bus. So while I've bought 2 non-"e" modules so far I'm not that happy. Another thing that makes me hesitant is while Buchla tends to be expensive he does pack a lot into his modules.

I'm not completely sure since there are only a couple 3rd party 200 style modules, but I get the feeling something slightly self defeating is going on pricewise. Modules get priced in Buchla and Associates ranges that are ok but maybe not incredible density or functionality, that means only a few with a lot of money or desire get them, so that keeps the prices high due to tiny numbers.

Anyway those are my thoughts about third party Buchla modules. Maybe you should concentrate on something you really want to add to what's out there so far. I'd rather try to interface to the Euro module and concentrate on buying what I can only get with a Buchla. So I'd vote for useful interfacing
chrisso
But it really should be about getting musical results not bang for buck in a feature packed module.
If someone doesn't want to buy into the simpler designs because they seem expensive for less features that's their right, but it doesn't mean less feature rich, but equally usable modules shouldn't be offered.
Isabelle Gall wrote:
Something granular. A buffer bucking Buchla tricked out Teaspoon type thing.

Anything that will make me not want to buy Kyma anymore pretty much.

Oh wait, simple you said?

Yeah,exaclty! ,its now 50 years we have the same analog modulles no matter what brand,only now some do atempts and put more 'recent' 20 year old technology behind some panels..
intellijel wrote:

What are some modules in Euroland that you wish existed for Buchla?

hey your microsteps things would be nice n buchla 8_)
mono-poly
Hordijk's HRM vco is something new and not done before wink
mono-poly wrote:
Hordijk's HRM vco is something new and not done before wink

maybe technicaly not,but soundwise..
when u have a modular u just can patch things totgether to get the same result,so depending on what u already have u know quickly if a module
ad something creative or not for personal use.

Globaly speaking its sure it ad nothing new.

the buchla format is limited now to B&A & eardrill products,so perhaps there could be a market for 'new' Buchla format modulles.
dr.jasoncrest
Ditto on the Res EQ
Oxix52
Maybe some simple modules could still be made available in Chris's ModuleModule format. Seems to me that it would help on both issues of cost and cabinet space for simple modules. I really hope the modulemodule takes off and gets support from some other manufacturers.
Lyonel
Oxix52 wrote:
I really hope the modulemodule takes off and gets support from some other manufacturers.

It would be great !
Minimoog56
How about a simpler touch control surface like the old 200 series. I don't need/want thunder and lightning. I just want a nice reactive touch surface layed out in the classic Buchla design with programmable control voltages as well as the possibility to play a tempered scale. I find the large thunderbird shaped surface distracting. I don't need wands, marimbas, and theramin type interfaces. I do want to caress and cajole timbres and modulated sounds with my fingertips.
citizen mori
the 222e is no longer using a membrane.
urbanscallywag
citizen mori wrote:
the 222e is no longer using a membrane.

i didn't think the 222e they have at NoiseBug was a membrane. its actually a metal surface of some kind. it feels solid, durable, etc.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2