MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Voltage Mini Store and Shift Manager connector orientation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author Voltage Mini Store and Shift Manager connector orientation
ActionMaxVA
Hello, working on setting up my Time Suite, or Time Suit as I think of it.

The connector between the two does not have a key or marking I can find.

Poked around on STG and Muffs and did not see much.

Here are the pictures.

I am good with the Shift Manager side I believe.

Thanks for any input.

Max. applause applause applause
EMwhite
It doesn't matter, as long as you are consistent : )

If you notice, there is a notch on the silkscreening; that's where a proper key'ed socket ought to go. Very similar to an IC socket mark if you've ever done soldering SDIY.

Suit uses standard headers, not keyed sockets so it is confusing but if you notice, the female side of the connectors at either end of the ribbon have a 'key' which is about the size of the marking on the silkscreen. Just line these up on the volt store and on the shift manager.

Super important that you in fact line up the connector properly so that it's not shifted by a pair of pins one way or another.

The STG series uses a set micro controller in addition to being able to drive analog voltages (like trigger pulses @ end). Some of the pins relay the sequence length switch position back to inputs on the micro controller and though it's most likely diode protected, you wouldn't want to have voltage 'sent' directly into this line.

Hope this helps.
ActionMaxVA
EMwhite wrote:

Suit uses standard headers, not keyed sockets so it is confusing but if you notice, the female side of the connectors at either end of the ribbon have a 'key' which is about the size of the marking on the silkscreen. Just line these up on the volt store and on the shift manager.

Hope this helps.

Fantastic, this helps tremendously.
I do see the silkscreen and lining up with the notch on the ribbon works perfect!

Thank you!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1