MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

IDOW is avail on Netflix US, UK, CAN, AUS/NZ, Scandinavia
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author IDOW is avail on Netflix US, UK, CAN, AUS/NZ, Scandinavia
s o l v e n t
Hi,

Hopefully this should cover any questions/confusion about IDOW on Netflix!

thanks

Jason

----
I Dream Of Wires on Netflix - FAQ:

Q: Where is I Dream Of Wires available on Netflix?
A: IDOW is available and streaming now on Netflix USA, UK, Canada, Scandinavia, Australia/NZ.

Q: When will IDOW be available in [country other than those listed above]?
A: IDOW will not be available on Netflix in any other territories outside USA, UK, Canada, Scandinavia, Australia/NZ.

Q: IDOW isn't available on Netflix in my country. How can I watch it?
A: There are many ways to watch IDOW outside of Netflix, and in fact, most of these options contain a generous 66 minutes' worth of bonus features. You can buy the DVD, or download/rent through VOD platforms like Vimeo On Demand and iTunes. For a complete list of DVD/VOD purchasing options, check http://idreamofwires.org.

Kent
This is fantastic news for you! Congratulations on (hopefully) getting more eyeballs on your effort.

However, I respectfully request doing a search prior to posting any possibly 'new' thread. There is an existing thread on this already and we like to keep things clean 'round these parts.

I will delete this post within the next couple of days.

Thanks.
s o l v e n t
Thanks! The amount of people seeing IDOW through Netflix is massive, no doubt. We're hearing from people every day who are discovering it, people totally outside the scene who barely know anything about synthesizers but still managed to enjoy (or at least, watch) it. Contrary to what some people think, we don't get paid though on the # of views, it's a flat fee and tbh, not all that much $, so I guess what it really amounts to for us is, exposure. Hopefully it will lead to other projects (already had a few interesting leads come of it so far...)

Could you please delete the other threads and keep this one as the master Netflix thread instead? This 1 is the most clear IMO.

Kent wrote:
This is fantastic news for you! Congratulations on (hopefully) getting more eyeballs on your effort.

However, I respectfully request doing a search prior to posting any possibly 'new' thread. There is an existing thread on this already and we like to keep things clean 'round these parts.

I will delete this post within the next couple of days.

Thanks.
thomasjames
I'm one of those people you found through Netflix, and I loved the documentary. One of the most interesting documentaries I've ever seen. The first thing that sucked me in is that I live across the street from that computer music lab you showed in the introduction about Moog. After that, it only got better. The interviews with Doepfer and other prominent figures in the modular community were very well done.

My uncle has been in music for a while, so I had a general idea about the history of synthesizers an he has some un but had been never exposed to modern modular synthesizers before. To me, it seems like it maybe the perfect hobby. My background is in computer hardware design and some minimal experience in mixed signal electronics, and it made me think about all the possibilities modular synthesizers have in how they can augment analog signal paths with high-level reasoning made possible by DSPs like the work being done now at Mutable Instruments and QU-Bit. I can't wait to start experimenting an hacking. It is especially encouraging to see so many up-and-coming module developers embracing open source hardware and software. It gives newbies in the field with more of a technical bent a big leg up.

In an hour and a half, the documentary took someone with only a bit of musical knowledge but a lot of hardware background to already wanting to save up for a basic rig. Definitely successful as a propaganda piece! Gonna buy the "Hardcore Edition" ASAP, so I hope that helps if Netflix is kind of disappointing as a revenue stream.
s o l v e n t
thomasjames wrote:
In an hour and a half, the documentary took someone with only a bit of musical knowledge but a lot of hardware background to already wanting to save up for a basic rig. Definitely successful as a propaganda piece! Gonna buy the "Hardcore Edition" ASAP, so I hope that helps if Netflix is kind of disappointing as a revenue stream.

Very cool to hear! Thanks for your kind words and for sharing your experience.

Unfortunately the Hardcore Edition is now OOP, and we are not allowed to repress/sell it for a while, on account of our distribution agreement(s). There are still some copies floating around though...
co87lab
Ha! You made it. As said at Unsound festival! Congratulations! applause
durwin
About to hit it tonight - very excited applause
lcf
Is there any way to see it on Netflix FR please??
s o l v e n t
lcf wrote:
Is there any way to see it on Netflix FR please??

No sorry, it wasn't licensed by Netflix in France. The above mentioned territories are the only 1s where it is available on Netflix, and it won't be avail outside out those territories in the future either, AFAIK. It's not my decision about which Netlfix territories it's available in, it's all done through our distributors who deal directly with Netflix, and Netflix decides if they want to license stuff or not.

There are many options for streaming IDOW in France though, for example:
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/idreamofwires/
TheDeadEvangelist
HEY! I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I Dream of Wires is one of the greatest pieces of work I've seen in my life. I really don't know what else to say other than THANK YOU!

I grew up on Long Island and had the pleasure of taking piano lessons with Herb Deutsch's wife for many years. I remember my first lesson I walked into the house and I heard these wild wild wild "noises" coming from the other side of the house and asking Nancy (Herbs Wife) "What kind of piano is that?" She laughed and introduced me to Herb, and his SETUP/GEAR, and that moment literally guided me to the art of passionate music creation.

I remember after a few years of lessons I found myself more interested in song writing as opposed to scales/recitals and I actually was really nervous to tell this to Nancy as I thought it might hurt her feelings. To my surprise she not only embraced my interest, but encouraged me to continue writing and that she herself would take a look at my arrangements and help guide me towards more dynamic ideas/theory. Whenever I would bring in a new piece I wrote, Nancy would call in Herb and he'd sit in and give his honest interpretation of what he had heard from me and it was amazing. Words don't exist for the type of gratitude they deserve.

For anyone who saw the documentary, Herb Deutsch is one of the most genuine people I've ever had the pleasure of being around. He has straight up passion for his work, and is always willing to lend help before anyone realizes they need it.

Just wanted to spread the Love and give credit where it's due.

THANK YOU!!
s o l v e n t
TheDeadEvangelist wrote:
HEY! I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I Dream of Wires is one of the greatest pieces of work I've seen in my life. I really don't know what else to say other than THANK YOU!

I grew up on Long Island and had the pleasure of taking piano lessons with Herb Deutsch's wife for many years. I remember my first lesson I walked into the house and I heard these wild wild wild "noises" coming from the other side of the house and asking Nancy (Herbs Wife) "What kind of piano is that?" She laughed and introduced me to Herb, and his SETUP/GEAR, and that moment literally guided me to the art of passionate music creation.

I remember after a few years of lessons I found myself more interested in song writing as opposed to scales/recitals and I actually was really nervous to tell this to Nancy as I thought it might hurt her feelings. To my surprise she not only embraced my interest, but encouraged me to continue writing and that she herself would take a look at my arrangements and help guide me towards more dynamic ideas/theory. Whenever I would bring in a new piece I wrote, Nancy would call in Herb and he'd sit in and give his honest interpretation of what he had heard from me and it was amazing. Words don't exist for the type of gratitude they deserve.

For anyone who saw the documentary, Herb Deutsch is one of the most genuine people I've ever had the pleasure of being around. He has straight up passion for his work, and is always willing to lend help before anyone realizes they need it.

Just wanted to spread the Love and give credit where it's due.

THANK YOU!!

This is very encouraging to hear - thank YOU!

BTW we got a nice long interview with Herb, which we are hoping/planning to include in another project we are now developing.
m0d
s o l v e n t wrote:
BTW we got a nice long interview with Herb, which we are hoping/planning to include in another project we are now developing.

Are you going to do another indiegogo/kickstarter round of fundraising? I'd like to help out in some way.
s o l v e n t
m0d wrote:
s o l v e n t wrote:

Are you going to do another indiegogo/kickstarter round of fundraising? I'd like to help out in some way.

Thanks for that. We're hoping that we can raise funds without doing a Kickstarter, but we may go that route. I guess we'll make a decision by January or so...
shredsickgnar
Watched it twice! Thanks!
iamerror
Very happy for you! Congratulations! Hope it'll reach the masses. applause
jensenluxvid
Can't wait to see more. This was inspiring work. Thanks!
babysealclub
Will it ever be available on Amazon Prime?
regulator284
I watched I dream of wires on netflix, and I really liked it, so one day I thought of watching it again, and when I searched for it, I couldn't find it. Just my luck.
squirtalope
Now its not even on Netflix USA...
s o l v e n t
babysealclub wrote:
Will it ever be available on Amazon Prime?

It's not simply a matter of "hey, let's put it on Amazon Prime" -- we have distributors who work to try to sell the film to other outlets, but the fact that it was already on Netflix means that they're probably unlikely to want to license it. So my guess is, probably not.

It's still available on DVD, Vimeo on Demand, iTunes, etc
s o l v e n t
squirtalope wrote:
Now its not even on Netflix USA...

18-month Netlfix license expired and they didn't renew it...

It's still available on DVD, Vimeo on Demand, iTunes, etc
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1