MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ERD Eurorack modular release
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author ERD Eurorack modular release
nickbaba
I just got a ERD... seemed like an interesting and kind of fun concept...

First day in my studio, I notice the perspex box containing the soil is covered in water-drops of condensation all over the front of the panel.

Tried drying it out in the sun, and in a warm area of the house, but the moisture has not evaporated.

Now, I'm no expert, but even I know that water + electricity = bad news.

There are wires sticking into that apparently wet earth. Now I don't even want to take the risk of plugging it in. Is it safe?

Anyone else had this same issue?
PolarIceCaves
It sounds sketchy!!

I'll buy/trade you for it. pm me. Guinness ftw!
homodyne
Do you have a multimeter? If so you could try measuring the input resistance and comparing it to your other modules.
madcap
Is it safe?

I'd plug it in, maybe at first by itself if I didn't hear back from the manufacturer.

I haven't had the cash to pull the trigger but I am interested in both. Could we see/hear some basic demos? The posted examples are cool but dont really tell me much about what to expect is use.

...this thread is kind of a bummer. Ive been away for a while, it shocked me mildly to see how abusive the tone of some of the comments were. I feel the need to post some sort of "Im not an asshole, please keep dreaming up modules" note to the designer.

The black panel looks rad, I hope the special addition vampire/holy addition matches. I'd honestly prefer a dual unit that I could load with my own earth, or replace the earth easily. Will there be cv control of the switch between earth samples?

Keep it up
nickbaba
I wasn't trying to diss the module - I think its cool.

Just wondered if anyone else had got condensation on their ERD? And also what are the safety aspects of racking a module with wires sticking into wet earth!
micro_research
No cause for alarm - the earth is sealed and isolated! It's worth checking the updated manual - trying to dry the module in sunlight will simply cause more condensation to appear as the earth heats up:

Do not expose the ERD/ERD to extremes of high or low temperature or to direct sunlight. Condensation may appear in the ERD window and this is no cause for concern.

Oh, and please do contact me directly if there are any questions...

ERD/γ will be the next release very soon... Work in progress (release sans rock!):

[/img]
nickbaba
OK thanks for info - all points noted.

Cheers.
EarlJemmings
Yeah, mine has condensation too. It's actually comforting to me that it's still there, means it's well sealed.

Looking forward to more details on Y
But can we talk about the panel in the background there! Looks awesome

micro_research wrote:
ERD/γ will be the next release very soon... Work in progress (release sans rock!):

[/img]
jensu
EarlJemmings wrote:
Yeah, mine has condensation too. It's actually comforting to me that it's still there, means it's well sealed.

Looking forward to more details on Y
But can we talk about the panel in the background there! Looks awesome

micro_research wrote:

I'm pretty sure that is the Y. A gamma wave (γ) radioactive source based true random module. I spot a geiger tube.
EarlJemmings
Yup, i'm just really into the construction of the panel
dakota
do these come up for sale ever? i had actually found one at cymrubeats a few weeks ago but didn't have the wherewithal at the time and it is gonezo.
micro_research
ERD/ERD and ERD/SIR are both sold out - I think cymrubeats was the only stockist apart from myself. There will be the vampire earth release next month pending earth delivery from Jerusalem.

In a few minutes I'll announce ERD/γ in another thread!
shreeswifty
i think this module would work well as a M4L device and or a AU/VST plugin.
dakota
thx. if anyone is willing to sell theirs, i would be interested.
Zymos
shreeswifty wrote:

Wouldn't that entirely defeat the point?
windspirit
Zymos wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

Not if you put dirt in your computer.
MacSynth
windspirit wrote:
Zymos wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

Not if you put dirt in your computer.

Maybe you can use this external dirt to control the VST?
shreeswifty
HAHAHA

Seriously though I would love to see an amxd with that code in it or compile a max object with the function that fires off the sounds.

Are these being made again?
micro_research
Or like this:

I still have some PCBs for that project (earthboot) somewhere if anyone's interested in figuring out any earth code style object!
micro_research
Equal night. Equal day.

Celebrating the re-release of ERD/ERD in new vampiric form:

There, in one of the great boxes, of which there were fifty in all, on a pile of newly dug earth, lay the Count!

The ERD/ERD vampiric edition contains mixed earth from both Golgotha, Jerusalem and Whitby Abbey, England. Whitby is the landing and stranding place of Dracula's ghost ship Demeter, delivering the fifty oblong boxes ("a number of great wooden boxes filled with mould") which find their way to the Count's chapel at Carfax. This earth is essential to Dracula, it forms "his earth-home, his coffin-home, his hell-home..."

http://www.1010.co.uk/org/ERD.html

At present this is only available to waiting listers who will be notified in the next few days. Hopefully some left soon.
EXITEXIT
That's gotta be one of the best panel designs out there, fantastic. Do you anticipate being able to get one to everybody on the waiting list?
colossus
That panel is crazy. I love it.
micro_research
I would say that almost everyone on the waiting list will have a chance to get hold of one... I'll start working through it tomorrow!
EXITEXIT
Good News. Any updates on the worm coming soon? It's easily my most anticipated module right now.
PolarIceCaves
Holy Shit!!

Killed It.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 5 of 8