MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ERD Eurorack modular release
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author ERD Eurorack modular release
Infinity Curve
DohaK wrote:
Any chance there will be another batch of SIR?

ERD/sir re-issue just went up, white edition with a Turing machine simulation included eek!

And apparently WORM is about a month away hyper

http://1010.co.uk/org/ERD.html

Get it while you can, these tend to go quick, just got the email and already 5 have been sold, including the one I just bought thumbs up
colossus
thumbs up Thanks for the heads up.
Infinity Curve
Anybody interested in Martin's stuff should sign up on the site for the newsletter, so you can jump on things when he decides to release them.

Can't wait for the WORM, sounds amazing!!
EarlJemmings
Uuuugh I knew ERD would challenge my vow to stop buying eurorack.
Do I really need another ERD/SIR? But I like the idea of it having a TM program Dead Banana

Definitely looking forward to WORM though.
Infinity Curve
Yes you do. Think what this can do with another SIR and the gamma, insanity!! nanners I almost want to pick up a second gamma at some point, as well. The ERD's are the heart of my modulation and CV control, love them.

Really wish it was black though, but not the end of the world. Hopefully the WORM is also white, to help balance things

And for people not on the newsletter, a soundcloud link to a demo of the new SIR modulating a WORM prototype, sounds amazing!

[s]http://soundcloud.com/martin_howse/erdworm-pre-release-000[/s]

https://soundcloud.com/martin_howse/erdworm-pre-release-000
nimmen
In recent range of time, seems I've been moving towards NLC stuff and now got SIR reissue also, could contain a bit more in-depth/technical info thou.
Lets see what can of worms we will get soon enough
Derp
Just snagged an ERD/SIR myself. When I got the email, I thought it was an ERD/ERD reissue and jumped the gun before reading the details. ERD/SIR still looks awesome though, and I'm glad I bought it. Fingers crossed for an ERD/ERD reissue.
mmelnick
I had 2 of the original ERD/SIR and didn't dig them, sold them off. I think I was a bit hasty and I regretted it soon after. Gonna get this one and try again. The bonus stuff sounds good. Thanks It's peanut butter jelly time!
337is

Eager to have a yin for the yang already in my rack. Two SIRs?! Yes Sir!

Dead Banana
337is
nimmen wrote:
In recent range of time, seems I've been moving towards NLC stuff and now got SIR reissue also, could contain a bit more in-depth/technical info thou. Lets see what can of worms we will get soon enough

I hear you on the NLC line being a great complement to the ERD line. My Sloths seem really friendly towards the worms.

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Infinity Curve
337is wrote:
nimmen wrote:
In recent range of time, seems I've been moving towards NLC stuff and now got SIR reissue also, could contain a bit more in-depth/technical info thou. Lets see what can of worms we will get soon enough

I hear you on the NLC line being a great complement to the ERD line. My Sloths seem really friendly towards the worms.

It's peanut butter jelly time!

I've been having a blast with my 2 sirs and gamma playing with an NLC squid axon, bonkers!!

Martin, release the worm already!! April has almost come and gone
Kujo
Just acquired myself an ERD/ERD . but I don't seem to be getting audio from about 25% range all the way to 70% when turning the knob in between these settings the audio dies out and comes back only below or above these values.

Any say ?
337is
Kujo wrote:
Just acquired myself an ERD/ERD . but I don't seem to be getting audio from about 25% range all the way to 70% when turning the knob in between these settings the audio dies out and comes back only below or above these values.

Any say ?

I had a similar issue with a second hand ERD/ERD I acquired. I fixed it by doing this, from the manual:

"If the ERD/ERD does not seem to be processing incoming signals well, and there is a significant increase in hum it is possible that the earth has dried out. One easy solution is to take the module out of the rack and place the earth container part (not the panel or circuit) in a shallow dish of water and wait perhaps half an hour until it has sucked up some water. Then simply dry that part and replace. This does not need to be done very often - perhaps every 6 months depending on external conditions."
Kujo
337is wrote:
Kujo wrote:

Any say ?

I had a similar issue with a second hand ERD/ERD I acquired. I fixed it by doing this, from the manual:

"If the ERD/ERD does not seem to be processing incoming signals well, and there is a significant increase in hum it is possible that the earth has dried out. One easy solution is to take the module out of the rack and place the earth container part (not the panel or circuit) in a shallow dish of water and wait perhaps half an hour until it has sucked up some water. Then simply dry that part and replace. This does not need to be done very often - perhaps every 6 months depending on external conditions."

Cool , I read that as well but wasn't too sure it would hit the spot or not.

Thanks!!
Infinity Curve
Worm is out hyper hyper hyper

http://www.1010.co.uk/org/ERD.html
dan_k
Already ordered!

Was going to message you on IG but I see you're on it smile
Infinity Curve
dan_k wrote:
Already ordered!

Hey, thanks for thinking of me!

Me too, ordered the second I saw the email from Martin, then ran here to share the news. I've been hounding him for months, so excited to get this in the rack! Will have some fun with the 3x SIR's, Y and ERD/ERD thumbs up

Looks like he is doing a small run now, with more to follow in February. As per previous modules, these will very likely sell out right away, so if you are on the fence, dont wait, ORDER NOW!
EarlJemmings
Yup, got my order of WORM in this morning, as soon as it went live (thanks twitter!)

Now, time to sell off a bunch of my eurorack, I'm getting closer to just ERD/floktek/NLC

All the rest of those coming up sound real cool too!

Quote:
Future modules planned for 2018 include: ERD/RAVEN vocal filters and vocoder, All the Colours of the Noise, and ERD/[z] worm advanced CV generation.
dan_k
After eyeing them for a while, I've started to take the NLC plunge too with a Squid Axon on the way.

Seems like such a great pairing.
williamjturkel
Just ordered the worm, too. Seems a lot of them are headed to Canada.
337is
williamjturkel wrote:
Seems a lot of them are headed to Canada.

https://phys.org/news/2017-02-million-year-gigantic-extinct-monster.ht ml

williamjturkel
Love this detail about giant prehistoric worm: "The species has been named Websteroprion armstrongi. This honours Armstrong, who collected the material, and bass player extraordinaire, Alex Webster of Death Metal band Cannibal Corpse, since he can be regarded as a 'giant' when it comes to handling his instrument."
mmelnick
damn, I want one but the price seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it
acgenerator
Infinity Curve wrote:
dan_k wrote:
Already ordered!

Hey, thanks for thinking of me!

Me too, ordered the second I saw the email from Martin, then ran here to share the news. I've been hounding him for months, so excited to get this in the rack! Will have some fun with the 3x SIR's, Y and ERD/ERD thumbs up

Looks like he is doing a small run now, with more to follow in February. As per previous modules, these will very likely sell out right away, so if you are on the fence, dont wait, ORDER NOW!

I was also bugging a lot. I was able to get in on the 1st batch which is now SOLD OUT.
williamjturkel
While waiting for the ERD/WORM to arrive I've been reading the manual. Dividing the faceplate into left, middle and right columns and reading from top to bottom, I am guessing the controls are

Left:
X knob
Mode knob
X CV
Mode CV

Middle:
Y knob
Y CV
Trigger CV
Audio output

Right:
Z knob
Speed knob
Z CV
Speed CV

Is that right?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 7 of 8