MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ERD Eurorack modular release
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author ERD Eurorack modular release
windspirit
bobbcorr wrote:
From a biological point of view (as a biologist), even a small volume of soil can be a very rich micro ecosystem, full of microbial life and occasional larger flora and fauna. It's estimated that there can be between 2,000 and 8.3 million species of bacteria in a single gram of soil ( see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2970868/ ).

Of course this life can be halted by sterilizing the soil, but it would be ready to be recolonized over time through even the smallest of cracks or holes. Just something for the manufacturer to look into. That clear window to the soil within could get occluded fairly quickly with all manner of interesting things.

It's certainly an interesting idea.

Maybe the bacteria colonies would start a medieval village.
bobbcorr
windspirit wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:
From a biological point of view (as a biologist), even a small volume of soil can be a very rich micro ecosystem, full of microbial life and occasional larger flora and fauna. It's estimated that there can be between 2,000 and 8.3 million species of bacteria in a single gram of soil ( see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2970868/ ).

Of course this life can be halted by sterilizing the soil, but it would be ready to be recolonized over time through even the smallest of cracks or holes. Just something for the manufacturer to look into. That clear window to the soil within could get occluded fairly quickly with all manner of interesting things.

It's certainly an interesting idea.

Maybe the bacteria colonies would start a medieval village.

Watch out Sea Monkeys.
electronicmusicdotcom
falseeye wrote:
the negativity on muffs is getting out of control...

It smacks of elitism, very droll.

Newcomers to the scene get excited about many different types of module, with a fair percentage falling madly in love with a module like this I would imagine.

Now, if he was passing it off as something that it isn't I would be the first to jump in, but what you see (and hear) is what you get it seems, so lay off know it all's!
onthelees
I don't judge a module on what it looks like, or how the maker claims it works. If I like the sound it makes, it's good. If I don't, then I don't buy it. Seems like a lot of speculation here about something I don't think most of us have even HEARD yet seriously, i just don't get it What does it sound like? someone please post something.
sgnhh
if anyone clicked on the website, then you would have seen the soundcloud sample:

[s]https://soundcloud.com/martin_howse/erderd-001[/s]

it sounds like distortion.
bobbcorr
Sounds very well grounded.
EarlJemmings
curious if anyone here has recieved a confirmation for being on the wait list - sent in an email to get an ERD/SIR, would be good to know so I can put this money somewhere else if I can't get this module.
windspirit
Try sending an email, I got a quick reply.
micro_research
Just to confirm - all ERD/SIRs on the wait list will be ready for order and shipping next week! Travelling this week on a short UK earth voice tour.
M
xenosapien
as uncalled for and irritating some of the comments here were (seriously guys, get a grip), I wouldn´t worry about some trend of negativity on Muffs...
I haven´t been posting much, but reading along for about half a year now, and this is literally the first bunch of obviously negative/borderline trolling posts I have seen on here.

among all the great advice, tech and obviously cool new module ideas (will I ever use one of these? don´t know yet - but they sure sound interesting as hell!), the overall picture is that this is still the most open, friendly community I have been able to find for this kind of stuff smile
EarlJemmings
Just bought both ERD and SIR- lucky me!
They've shipped and I'm damn excited.

Now I wonder if for that random voltage generator conning up, can one can even ship radioactive goods? hihi

Very intrigued to see what that speech synth will be like
acgenerator
EarlJemmings wrote:

Now I wonder if for that random voltage generator conning up, can one can even ship radioactive goods? hihi

Very intrigued to see what that speech synth will be like

ditto on all accounts.
Joonatin
Even a fire alarm has a small radioactive source inside. It doesn't have to glow green and make you grow extra arms to be radioactive.

And props for interesting concepts. I've done some work on bioelectromagnetism, lets hook up ECG to modular next! Just have to be careful on cv ins and outs.
acgenerator
Joonatin wrote:
Even a fire alarm has a small radioactive source inside. It doesn't have to glow green and make you grow extra arms to be radioactive.

of course not, but the extra arms would definitely help with wiggling!
coolshirtdotjpg
The dirt module is a neat concept. I actually think I would be more interested in CV created from dirt, etc. Or a water based CV processor. Basically any volatile material would be interesting. As for the negativity, people forget about the early buchla modules like the "white noise generator" we had a mills that was just a ball of resistors soldered together, or the LSD laced module he made. If you spent more than a few minutes looking into the history of electronic music you will realize that most of the innovations we now take for granted were considered insane ideas, and even more insane ideas had to happen for the tools we use to even slightly stabilize.
kipervarg
This can't be real. Plus, it's already sold out according to their website. I've always wanted to hear my modular simulate the sound of a "medieval village". hihi
EarlJemmings
kipervarg wrote:
This can't be real. Plus, it's already sold out according to their website. I've always wanted to hear my modular simulate the sound of a "medieval village". hihi

hmmm.....
Did you not read the thread?

And yeah, I suppose I was mentally overstating the effect of radioactivity.
It'll definitely be interesting to see how its implemented- I imagine a Micro Research won't be your standard sample&hold
kipervarg
EarlJemmings wrote:
kipervarg wrote:

hmmm.....
Did you not read the thread?

And yeah, I suppose I was mentally overstating the effect of radioactivity.
It'll definitely be interesting to see how its implemented- I imagine a Micro Research won't be your standard sample&hold

Yes, I read the thread. Did you read the thread? Going to assume your questions are rhetorical going forward given the wildly artistic description of the module and your over-the-top response to it.

I get it. It's art. Not an actual tool. Plus, it's "sold out" already.
EarlJemmings
kipervarg wrote:
This can't be real.

nah, you clearly don't get it.
It's "sold out" because people saw it, and saw its use as a tool.
Somehow, it's real, and somehow you think being a douche helps anyone.
kipervarg
EarlJemmings wrote:
kipervarg wrote:
This can't be real.

nah, you clearly don't get it.
It's "sold out" because people saw it, and saw its use as a tool.
Somehow, it's real, and somehow you think being a douche helps anyone.

Crying now...tears falling on artisanal earth. Thinking of building a salt water CV module. Eel Power FTW!

Hugs?
DonKartofflo
i think it sounds pretty interesting as a distortion/overdrive effect, why the hate? I would love to hear some voice samples or a full song through it with continoous dry wet blending so we can hear exactly what the thing does.
opsysbug
Wonderful intro. Cool panel. I'm studying Polarity massage right now. Reminded me of this guy. Bring it on dudes ad the haters can go back to the world that is not electric in every way. Zap!!

Phoobooz
I've been lurking here for a few years. It's been one of the most if not only positive thinking places left on the internet that I have to go to, but the replies here are fucking disgraceful.. If you don't like it, then don't buy the fucking thing!

While I personally may not be fond of some of the obscure modules, say Geiskies.. You can't pull up my post history and find me saying Jack shit about them! (I've tried about 4 of them.. Cool concepts, just not my thing.)
So why the hate?

I won't claim to understand this module, because frankly, I don't.. But fuck.. Let's not turn into a bunch of fucking 13 year olds over it...
kipervarg
Phoobooz wrote:
I've been lurking here for a few years. It's been one of the most if not only positive thinking places left on the internet that I have to go to, but the replies here are fucking disgraceful.. If you don't like it, then don't buy the fucking thing!

While I personally may not be fond of some of the obscure modules, say Geiskies.. You can't pull up my post history and find me saying Jack shit about them! (I've tried about 4 of them.. Cool concepts, just not my thing.)
So why the hate?

I won't claim to understand this module, because frankly, I don't.. But fuck.. Let's not turn into a bunch of fucking 13 year olds over it...

Hate is a strong word for the reaction people are having. More like a mix of bewilderment at the idea and a bit of poking at the presentation - describing a module that intends to evoke the sound of a "medieval village" may result in some friendly banter.

Having said all that, I get that it's art to some and I wish you well.
Kummer
Personally I think it's a pretty cool and outside the box idea. We need more of that.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 3 of 8