MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

More Wiard forgotten history?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author More Wiard forgotten history?
parasitk
http://www.musicsynthesizer.com/Neurons/Neurons1.html

This looks and sounds like it would have been fun. Wiard archives are such a fricken tease!
Moog$FooL$
hhmmmm... eek!

looks to have been frac as well.
i guess it never quite worked out the way he wanted?? or it might have showed in the 1200 series.
Kwote
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
hhmmmm... eek!

i guess it never quite worked out the way he wanted?? or it might have showed in the 1200 series.

i pretty much doubt it ever saw the market.
parasitk
Kwote wrote:

And still I want one! SlayerBadger!
Moog$FooL$
Kwote wrote:
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
hhmmmm... eek!

yup. i think that's sorta what i was guessing at in my post confused
besides, it were ever for sale we can assume the new dad would have one or two in his rather large frac stack. hihi
Roycie Roller
Fascinating...Marvin Minsky's book 'Computation: Finite & Infinite Machines' sounds very interesting! That whole http://www.musicsynthesizer.com website is littered with gems & is such a great resource. It's fantastic that some of the world's best synth designers are happy to share their research with the DIY community.
metasonix
Roycie Roller wrote:
That whole http://www.musicsynthesizer.com website is littered with gems & is such a great resource.

And now, if you could just talk Grant into UPDATING it. It's six years old, and the world has changed.
neandrewthal
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

I haven't decided if I want the pattern generator too. I already have a bunch of clocks and dividers confused
Kwote
just completely overdo it. you can never have enough "insert x module here".
neandrewthal
Kwote wrote:
just completely overdo it. you can never have enough "insert x module here".
lol
This is true. I think I'll build the divider as well, but I don't have room for the clock. Now I'm considering the banana thing. help
Kwote
stacking two way 1/8th adaptors?
BugBrand
BANANA!
(once you get bitten you'll never go back)
indexofmetals
I'll go with tom on this one, I started banana then went minijack and recently tried banana again and now won't change, so many possiblities

even thinking of converting to banana my 1200 series wiard
neandrewthal
Haha, I was thinking of doing Grant's thing and putting bananas on the neural pulsers, but as for my system, I'm already 350 quarter inch jacks in, long past the point of return IMO.

Honestly though, as long as I have through outputs on my clocked modules and v/oct modules(which I can since it's DIY 8)) , I'd rather have the switching jacks. There are so many possibilities with those as well. For example, a couple of modules on the horizon:

1. An octal mixer, arranged in 4 columns of 2, which depending on where plugs are inserted, can function either independently, as a single matrix, or any combination of the above.

2. An octal VCA, where each input is normalled into the next for stereo, quadraphonic, octaphonic? processing. Each CV input is inverted and normalled to the next for panning/cross-fading. Finally, outputs 2-8 will each have a mixer. Patching a cord into outputs 1-7 will stop the signal from traveling down to the next mixer. This way you can split the outputs into pairs for crossfading, use them individually, or simply turn any unused channels into a mixer.

3. An octal attack release generator(8 is the magic number in my modular
SlayerBadger!). The trigger input of the first is normalled to the second so they will both trigger at the same time. The voltage output of the second is normalled to the trigger input of the third to act as a trigger delay. This pattern continues to the end until you start plugging some more cables in.
Kwote
neandrewthal wrote:
Haha, I was thinking of doing Grant's thing and putting bananas on the neural pulsers, but as for my system, I'm already 350 quarter inch jacks in, long past the point of return IMO.

Honestly though, as long as I have through outputs on my clocked modules and v/oct modules(which I can since it's DIY 8)) , I'd rather have the switching jacks. There are so many possibilities with those as well. For example, a couple of modules on the horizon:

1. An octal mixer, arranged in 4 columns of 2, which depending on where plugs are inserted, can function either independently, as a single matrix, or any combination of the above.

2. An octal VCA, where each input is normalled into the next for stereo, quadraphonic, octaphonic? processing. Each CV input is inverted and normalled to the next for panning/cross-fading. Finally, outputs 2-8 will each have a mixer. Patching a cord into outputs 1-7 will stop the signal from traveling down to the next mixer. This way you can split the outputs into pairs for crossfading, use them individually, or simply turn any unused channels into a mixer.

3. An octal attack release generator(8 is the magic number in my modular
SlayerBadger!). The trigger input of the first is normalled to the second so they will both trigger at the same time. The voltage output of the second is normalled to the trigger input of the third to act as a trigger delay. This pattern continues to the end until you start plugging some more cables in.

woah. that's truly some custom shit. you really gotta document your system when it's finished with some kind of proper footage!
neandrewthal
Will do, if I can ever quit building for a while d'oh!
Roycie Roller
Looking at the back of the faceplate, schematics & breadboard, it looks to be a fairly straightforward circuit to cl.. errr, build. Yeah, build Flamed!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1