MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Schippmann CS-8 Series Omega-Phi Eurorack Module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author Schippmann CS-8 Series Omega-Phi Eurorack Module
suckspit
seems like Schippmann is working on a new module.

CS-8 Series - 3HU/3HE eurorack modular synthesizer
Omega-Phi - Thru Zero Frequency-Phase-Modulation high performance VCO
The worlds first analogue voltage controlled oscillator with true Phase-Modulation!!
777 €

lamouette/rck
It looks fucking serious, a lot of parameters here !
echoplex
G.A.S woah woah
C14ru5
Always high-quality stuff from Schippmann, so this looks promising!
FatRocky
something like a PDO?
I have to keep track on this
modernage
My VCF-02 could use a new friend. Drinking
Blingley
Quote:
The worlds first analogue voltage controlled oscillator with true Phase-Modulation!!

Pretty sure Malekko/Wiard oscillator has phase modulation? hmmm.....
HeWhoWantsJeans
Blingley wrote:
Quote:

Pretty sure Malekko/Wiard oscillator has phase modulation? hmmm.....

Yep. And like this, it has outputs for both in-phase and phase modulated waveforms.
mbartkow
From the front panel it is apparent that the PM/FM modulation index offered is at least 10.0 which makes it comparable to Yamaha DX-line.

I'm not sure about the Wiard II oscillator, but isn't it limited to 90 degrees?
peripatitis
Expensive as f236 but interesting!
GryphonP3
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Looks incredible. And I'm a mega Schippmann fanboy. It's definitely pricey, but I might have to sell something to turn my VCF02 and PHS28 into a trifecta.

Anxiously awaiting audio...
talfred
The price of this thing is above evil
Dogma
mbartkow wrote:
From the front panel it is apparent that the PM/FM modulation index offered is at least 10.0 which makes it comparable to Yamaha DX-line.

Yeah it is...

The PDO is has 360c on 4 osc;s .....its not strictly (analog)
FatRocky
We need good quality audio demos If there's an oscilloscope view it would be eek! much better
suckspit
FatRocky wrote:
We need good quality audio demos If there's an oscilloscope view it would be eek! much better

yeah. apparently the demos are due in 2-4 weeks.
Mefistophelees
That look like one serious oscillator!
t0nmontana
English Manual has been posted - http://www.schippmann-music.com/downloads/CS-8_OmegaPhi_man_Rev104_EN. pdf
Mefistophelees
t0nmontana wrote:
English Manual has been posted - http://www.schippmann-music.com/downloads/CS-8_OmegaPhi_man_Rev104_EN. pdf

Thanks.

It is a serious oscillator!

It's so advanced, the manual even includes a maths lesson! lol
listentoaheartbeat
Dogma wrote:
mbartkow wrote:

Yeah it is...

The PDO is has 360c on 4 osc;s .....its not strictly (analog)

Indeed, it uses a four channel digital waveshaper, but it's just one analog oscillator at its core.
Dogma
im really curious about this but ill be viewing from afar - this half my total Serge spend so ...........

i like to see someone pushing the boundaries
Dogma
interesting - so its a thru-zero osc with another thru-zero downstream (his nomenclature) for modulation.....ive got a Bateluer and that has something super similar but im not sure its "DMM" is thru zero....

Audio? The site takes me to one of those go-daddy type sites.... hmmm..... hmmm.....
slow_riot
It's a triangle core with through zero capability.

The Phi section is what makes it unique, offering 720 degrees total of phase modulation (the Malekko Richter Oscillator is limited to 360), which parallels the through zero concept by allowing the variability of phase to travel in reverse.
MindMachine
talfred wrote:
The price of this thing is above evil

True. It should be 666 euros. Flamey
XPump
Looks like the run is limited to 80 units ..at that price point it may take a while for all be sold but I wouldn't be surprised if there gone in a few months .
FatRocky
demos? ,, availability? more info please
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 1 of 14