MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

disting voltage ranges
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author disting voltage ranges
bisquick
i apologize if this is posted in the manual somewhere (or potentially something obvious i've missed), but:

what is the voltage output range of the env in pitch/env tracker?

is the control input +-5V? 0-5V?
things like folder input, etc?

again apologies - new to euro. (hides)
the info in the manual is super clear, and seems to indicate that CV inputs operate based on +-5V.
os
The env tracker follows the input signal voltage.

Most modes use the full Euro range of ±10V or so.
bisquick
And CV is +-5V?
os
What CV?
bisquick
the Z control input
os
Again, it's the full Euro range of ±10V approximately.
bisquick
k. So if I want to modulate the full range of the delay's feedback with an oscillator, for ex., I would need to make sure that my range is scaled to +-10V?
An envelope that moves from 0-5V would need to be scaled and offset to occupy 20V of activity?
os
Yes.
bisquick
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I understand whether or not I'd need an amplifier module in my rack to use the full capabilities.
electronicpresskit
Is the quantizer full input range and sample rate?
os
Yes.
cryptogreen
Is the FM VCO a phase modulation algorithm suitable for making DX7 style patches? If so, how many volts represents full 0-360° sweep of the waveform?
cryptogreen
bump
os
I don't think it does what you're after. It's actual frequency modulation, not phase modulation.
cryptogreen
os wrote:
I don't think it does what you're after. It's actual frequency modulation, not phase modulation.

Oh, how refreshing! What is the expression for that?

Like how many hz is being frequency modulated per a volt?
os
the fine manual wrote:
This algorithm is a VCO with a 1V/octave pitch CV input (X), and a linear FM input (Y), scaled at 100Hz/V. Note that, if the FM input goes sufficiently negative, it will take the frequency through and below zero, resulting in a phase inversion ("thru-zero FM").
cryptogreen
os wrote:
the fine manual wrote:
This algorithm is a VCO with a 1V/octave pitch CV input (X), and a linear FM input (Y), scaled at 100Hz/V. Note that, if the FM input goes sufficiently negative, it will take the frequency through and below zero, resulting in a phase inversion ("thru-zero FM").

hihi I got bored and used Audulus, the ES-8, and the Mordax DATA to reach the same conclusion.

As a side effect I also manually calibrated output 5 of my es-8 for my iPad Rasta-nana

Seriously though, put some thought into making expert sleepers an iOS plug in also, it would be super useful.

And thanks for getting back to me with the requested info nanners [/img]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1