MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-1 and LaunchControl XL
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author FH-1 and LaunchControl XL
deusletum
I have my FH-1 and LaunchControl XL, now what? Do I need to create a configuration script or should it work out of the box. Do I need to customize the device profile? Sorry I am just really hot to get this working.
SlayerBadger!
os
It will work out of the box, but if you want the sequencer setup as shown in my demo video you can use this setup for the LCXL:
deusletum
How do you start the sequencer? I loaded the file into the XL editor and it looks right but can't figure out how to start the sequence.
os
Feed a clock into the FH-1's input.
shreeswifty
Thank you for this. It works fabulous and is a great start for interfacing with my FH-1 and FH-X.
doman
Hello OS or anyone else who is familiar with this pairing of devices,

I have a brand new Launch Control XL black ("mk2?") and cannot get sequencer B to work at all other than having the ride lights of the FH-1 advance. My setup is configured exactly as instructed above and sequencer A is working perfectly.

This is what happens in operation: After a while jamming with sequencer A I push the user mode button of the XL to get groovy with sequencer B, select user mode 2 and the bottom row of pads do nothing.

Any ideas?
os
As I recall the above setup only does Sequencer A. You need to copy it to user preset 2 and adjust the CC numbers for Sequencer B.
doman
Thanks, that worked. I should also have referred to the CC chart sooner. That made it clear that MIDI channel 15 was for seq A and MIDI channel 16 was for Seq B.
Funky40
1. is it possible to have two LCXL* doing 4x 16 step sequenzes on one FH-1 ? (*connected to a USB Hub)
2. is it possible to have one LCXL doing 2x 16 step sequenzes or 1x 32 step ?
os
The FH-1 doesn't support hubs (though you could plumb something together with iConnectivity boxes).

Only 8 step sequences are supported at the moment.
Funky40
ok, thanks os !
TEKBRAIN
Funky40 wrote:
1. is it possible to have two LCXL* doing 4x 16 step sequenzes on one FH-1 ? (*connected to a USB Hub)
2. is it possible to have one LCXL doing 2x 16 step sequenzes or 1x 32 step ?

You could use a switch for that.
arneborgan
Hi
Im using the FH-1 and Launchcontrol XL and cant get this to work.
Clocking the FH-1 but nothing happens in the LCXL.
Was there a setup for Fh-1 with LCXL that was just a controller setup floating around earlier?
a
os
Attached are the LC XL templates I think you need.
arneborgan
Thank you.
I dont get any feedbak (light) on my controller when sequencing.
a
os
Does the FH-1 do its double-flash to indicate it has entered a device-specific mode?
arneborgan
Hi
No it does not.
a
os
If I recall correctly you can set the LC XL to identify to the computer as e.g. "LaunchControl XL 2" or "LaunchControl XL 3". It would need to be just "LaunchControl XL" for the FH-1.
arneborgan
Ok, and how is that done? No option in the editor of LCXL.
os
I might be thinking of a different device. How does it appear on your computer, or in your DAW etc.?
arneborgan
Hi
Im connecting it straight to the FH1 with usb as in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlSCLAWlSZg
a
os
Yes, but if you connect it to a computer, how is it named?
arneborgan
LaunchControl XL
os
Should be fine then.

Is the LCXL connected directly to the FH-1, not via a hub?
arneborgan
Hi
Its connected directly.
(Still not working.)
Thank you
a
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2