MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Black Swamp build thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Black Swamp build thread
tojpeters
I'm sure everyone would appreciate the random gates board,and it being smaller with mounting holes that match CGS dimensions would really be a bonus.
the bad producer
thumbs up Saw the vid you posted on FB - looks amazing!

tojpeters wrote:
All the sections are the same on the Solo PCB,any order is fine.
100nf decoupling caps,0.33uf for the regulator.
tojpeters
Thanks.
I'm really looking forward to your thoughts after you use this.
Are you building the Quicksand next?
Lots of nice features on that one. The DUSG is awesome.
And while I'm thinking of it the lower right hole for attaching the panel to the boat is not quite right,it gets partially covered by the touch pads. Oops. You can slot it a little to the right with a file or just drill a new hole.
Sorry about that.
the bad producer
I'm pretty looking forward to this myself, thanks for the tip re the screw hole, just in time!

I've got a couple of other panels to do immediately after this, but yes the Quicksand and the other one too eventually!

tojpeters wrote:
Thanks.
I'm really looking forward to your thoughts after you use this.
Are you building the Quicksand next?
Lots of nice features on that one. The DUSG is awesome.
And while I'm thinking of it the lower right hole for attaching the panel to the boat is not quite right,it gets partially covered by the touch pads. Oops. You can slot it a little to the right with a file or just drill a new hole.
Sorry about that.
the bad producer
help Dead Banana zombie

yan6
That is looking great, nice work woah

Seeing this has made me really jeleous, im still collecting parts sad banana
the bad producer
It is insane! Jon's build docs are great though and there were a couple of things I couldn't get my head around but Jon was super helpful!

Probably much easier with the pot brackets too!
tojpeters
looks great. I hope all the extra features are with the extra wiring to you. Any trouble with the CGS 28?
the bad producer
Thanks! I'm using a CGS 28 I've had in the rack for years, so I know it works!
the bad producer
Here is the front:

yan6
eek! love
cygmu
applause
That's beautiful.
tojpeters
So did you end up using a S&H circuit in the solo mode? How is that working,is there much drift?
Looks really nice.
the bad producer
Yeah, actually ended up using a clone of the Doepfer one on stripboard, I was wasting too much time fiddling with it, and it was behaving most odd... Something to think about at some other time, that S&H!
the bad producer
Thank you for all your help and for the panel design and everything! we're not worthy

I'd quite like to make the Programmer into a module itself - do you have any SOLO PCB's left?
tojpeters
I do. Are you talking 8 stage or 16?
The last time I sent these overseas I got reamed on the shipping,they made me send them as packages not just in an envelope, it was like 15-20$ shipping.
tojpeters
I tried 3 different S&H circuits with poor results . I don't know why.
yan6
the bad producer wrote:
Here is the front:

in the TRK area just above the touch pads there are three switches, the red cap switches are the SP3T on-on-on, I know the other two are SPST but what function are they

EDIT just saw the ones with out any switch caps are on-off-on, that just leaves the white cap ones
tojpeters
The switches with white caps are SPDT on-off-on. They are run/refuse/skip for the down direction.
The uncapped switches are SPDT on-off-on. They are gate switches. To the left there is a gate signal at the gate jack when the clock is high and the stage is active. Center is gate off. Right is gate on when stage is active and clock is low.
the bad producer
I used a 3PDT on-off-on for the ENABLE switch, I think this should be 3PDT on-on (or more confusingly on-none-on!) is that right?
tojpeters
On-on is correct.
the bad producer
tojpeters wrote:
I tried 3 different S&H circuits with poor results . I don't know why.

Did you get stepped/random voltages? I did at first, I wondered if it was triggering the S&H before the sample voltage had time to settle, not sure why the Doepfer would work better,. I used the S&H on it's own before in another panel, but that did require a buffer and range adjust trim though...
the bad producer
Cool - there's a post on page 1 which says on-off-on

tojpeters wrote:
On-on is correct.
tojpeters
I just had lots of drift,it would hardly hold the voltage for a second before drifting down very noticeably. I'll fix that switch recommendation.
the bad producer
Oh, that's odd, don't remember drift - if I make another sequencer I'll have to nail the CGS S&H, I'll PM you about the SOLO pcb!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 3 of 8