MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STG Soundlabs Still in Business?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author STG Soundlabs Still in Business?
sdtaylor
Hi there - I ordered a few things off the STG site about a week ago. After receiving acknowledgement of payment from Paypal, I have heard nothing. Are they still in business?
Henfield
I believe that he is still in business. He has even posted in the 5U foorum in the last week. What did you order? Most items on his site have a lead time of at least two weeks, what do you expect to hear before your order is ready to ship?
sdtaylor
Hi there - I ordered the Sea Devils Filter and the Active Multiples. I'd like to hear acknowledgement of the order and some indication of when it might ship.
Henfield
Well, it looks like you have a four week lead time. I do not believe that any module manufacturer that I have ordered from has given me what you are asking for, especially when the lead time is already stated. I would not be concerned until I goes out past four weeks without any shipping or communication.
suitandtieguy
yep. i'm still in business. will be until i'm dead, most likely. i don't really have any other options.

i'm OK with that.
Squattamolie
I can understand your desire for a reply, but IMO you don't have anything to worry about. Mr. STG is a long-time and upstanding member of our community, but is in some ways a one-man show, and typically busier than a caterpillar at a toe counting contest. Plus he's a total slut and into all this synth stuff big time, so is also spending time actually using the gear - which is why the designs seem so well thought out (again, just my opinion).

I have both of the modules you ordered and I suspect you'll be quite satisfied - you definitely get your money's worth.
Just me
I have many (MANY) STG modules. The lead time is posted on his site and if he isn't putting on KnobCon or playing live somewhere (Or working on the Archangel) the stuff will often arrive a bit sooner. IME. He is a stand-up member of the community, you should have nothing to fear. (Whatever you do, don't by from the C company if you have issues with lead times and lack of communication! I've had to wait nearly a year from her!)
Minimoog56
Welcome to Muffs Mr. Taylor - I would suggest at only 7 posts you might want to submit some more positive comments to introduce yourself before calling out the business practices of the King of Knobcon, the Man of Mansize Synthesis - not an auspicious way to introduce yourself.
suitandtieguy
guys, super flattered by your support .. i'm blushing here.

easy on the newcomer ... he'll figure out what this market is like soon and i thank him for his order.

he got THE VERY LAST through-hole Sea Devils Filter ever! he has much to be proud of!
Squattamolie
Minimoog56 wrote:
Welcome to Muffs Mr. Taylor - I would suggest at only 7 posts you might want to submit some more positive comments to introduce yourself before calling out the business practices of the King of Knobcon, the Man of Mansize Synthesis - not an auspicious way to introduce yourself.

Easy does it there Minimoog56! I didn't read him as "calling out" anything, he's just looking for a little reassurance after having sent some money off into the ether.

He doesn't seem to have yet gotten to know much about the community, and given that most online vendors (I don't mean boutique synth module manufacturers here) do respond with an acknowledgment, I can see how he might be wondering. And I give him credit for asking here as opposed to the open 5U forum, so I don't get the feeling he's just being contrary.

sdtaylor, I think the reason some folks may have responded that way is because many of us know and have dealt with STG extensively, and know that he will absolutely not leave you hanging, he has a particular interest in the MU format, and (if you didn't already know), hand signs and IDs by name every MU module. In other words, try to relax and be a little patient, you're dealing with a mad scientist type whose strength is less on the communication side, but heavily on the awesome-module side, you'll love the stuff (speaking as guy currently around 17 or 18 STG modules).
suitandtieguy
the really awful part is that i personally feel that communication is my _strong_ suit, LOL. i just have my priorities in a certain arrangement ...

every second i spend sitting in front of the computer instead of the soldering iron makes me feel like i'm being neglectful instead of attentive ...
Minimoog56
Erik - glad to hear you are staying in business - been worried about that - the last Knobcon really seemed to do you in. (Tongue firmly planted in through-hole.)
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
ericD13
suitandtieguy wrote:
the really awful part is that i personally feel that communication is my _strong_ suit, LOL. i just have my priorities in a certain arrangement ...

Indeed ?
I'm a bit disappointed, I kind of have a special (non-) treatment

My story :
I ordered and paid on 20th august (digital attenuator)
Answer (quick) : it will be one month ...
Nothing in september
I sent a mail on 3th of october
No answer yet

I can understand a delay but be left in the dark without update is sad.
donkey for rent
Minimoog56 wrote:

Howdy - I don't see anybody throwing rocks here, and I don't see Mr. Taylor (admittedly a good buddy of mine!) questioning the lead time. I read it as simply wondering about the lack of an "order confirmation" mail.

I personally receive an order confirmation from Synthesizers.com each time I place an order as well as from every wiggler here that I've purchased a module from. It's just comforting to know that everything is in process.

Now...can we discuss his "strong suit" pun? ;-)
sdtaylor
Wow - I caused quite a stir with what I thought was a rather innocuous question. I am new to the modular thing, so apologize for ruffling any feathers.

I have now received my order - thank you very much Suit and Tie Guy - sorry about causing a ruckus.

BTW, the Sea Devil's Filter is fantastic! Also, thanks for commemorating this one as the last of the through-hole types:

Picture file

Again - thanks.
suitandtieguy
no need to apologise. i do drop balls on occasion. see MW user ericD13, whom i need to immediately email after hitting "submit" on this.

i'm delighted to hear you like the filter. let me post it inline now to suck up bandwidth other people would use for Nutflux and Holo. i want to drive home this announcement:

donkey for rent
suitandtieguy wrote:
no need to apologise. i do drop balls on occasion. see MW user ericD13, whom i need to immediately email after hitting "submit" on this.

Nice! A response like this from a vendor surely boosts my confidence in doing business in the future.

Now - when will STG offer an MU, 2 space cupholder? It's hard to wiggle and hold my beer at the same time.

Not impossible, mind you...just tough
Mark11Audio
sdtaylor wrote:
Hi there - I ordered the Sea Devils Filter and the Active Multiples. I'd like to hear acknowledgement of the order and some indication of when it might ship.

Suit is VERY good at delivering, and good with communication. If you read "closely" on all of his modules from the website he usually has an estimated lead time for build and delivery. [2], [4], and up to [6] weeks... So you shouldn't expect to see anything likely sooner than that.

If you need it right away, try Noisebug.net, they sometimes have STG modules in stock and ship within 48 hours.

But I have had nothing but great delivery from STG Soundlabs... thumbs up
ericD13
Mark11Audio wrote:
Suit is VERY good at delivering, and good with communication.

I can't let this said :(
Order in august, no word until I post here
Then an answer on 25th october saying "please give me a couple weeks"
I wrote twice since (17th and 22th november)
No answer
No module

I can understand delay but only if there are some words
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1