MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland boutique JX-03 demo / no talking just music
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Roland boutique JX-03 demo / no talking just music
ollilab
what the subject says, enjoy

Biff
Cheers! This was the one I was most excited for. I loved having a JX-3P, but with little space I had to get rid off it.
Shoggoth
Holy shit those tiny knobs are adorable.
computer controlled
This was going to be the one i got, but after playing with one this afternoon, i was reminded that it has no PWM =o[

So i put the JP-08 on hold.
GNSDG
Shoggoth wrote:

That's the only thing that surprised me when I sat down in front of one for the first time - I felt like a giant. I mean these things are SMALL.
ollilab
The JX-03 are sort of a bit bigger than volca, almost in the TB303 size. They are ok to fiddle with, takes really no effort to find a sweet spot. The JU06 is the better of the three, no issues whatsoever, didnt even think about it. The JP08 is another story, i have not yet given it a complete run down... but they are small, very small.

GNSDG wrote:
Shoggoth wrote:

That's the only thing that surprised me when I sat down in front of one for the first time - I felt like a giant. I mean these things are SMALL.
chrisryan15
my buddy just got his jx03 in the mail, im still waiting to see what he thinks about it. im impressed with the sounds that its making in this video though, so thats a good sign!
TifaretMusic
GNSDG wrote:
Shoggoth wrote:

Yeah that was the only thing that gave me pause when I tried out the Jupe. Was half afraid I'd snap one of the little sliders because of how teeny they are. They seem stable enough when you actually touch them tho.
GNSDG
TifaretMusic wrote:
GNSDG wrote:
Shoggoth wrote:

Yeah that was the only thing that gave me pause when I tried out the Jupe. Was half afraid I'd snap one of the little sliders because of how teeny they are. They seem stable enough when you actually touch them tho.

Don't get me wrong, build quality is great. I just didn't immediately get the JP-08 layout because it's so cramped and miniature.

But I agree, ollilab, the JU-06 is still somehow instant.
ollilab
I did a jam session in poor/flashy lighting the other day, on all three of them.. had no issues whatsoever locating the controls and finding sweet spots on the ju06 or JX03.. the jp08 is a bit fiddly, and you need to have proper lighting and focus to see what you are doing. This is however something i see will disappear in time.. i have maybe given each individual unit 120-240 mins playtime only, so give it a week or two and it will become natural.

GNSDG wrote:
TifaretMusic wrote:
GNSDG wrote:
Shoggoth wrote:

Don't get me wrong, build quality is great. I just didn't immediately get the JP-08 layout because it's so cramped and miniature.

But I agree, ollilab, the JU-06 is still somehow instant.
reflecto
was wondering if the sequencers on these machines are polyphonic , like on the original JX3P? The ability to input chords is the reason I hang onto my old JX. Thanks for any input on this.
ollilab
When i tested sequencing i was only able to input monophonic notes, so as far as I know it is not polyphonic.

reflecto wrote:
was wondering if the sequencers on these machines are polyphonic , like on the original JX3P? The ability to input chords is the reason I hang onto my old JX. Thanks for any input on this.
jonne74
Thanks for the demo!
dang_motu
applause Thanks for the vids
ben jah men
Sounds incredible to me... Having a really hard time not just picking up all three... And then the three new ones... And then every additional one they ever make! Dead Banana
bisquick
i find that if i boost the output too much on the level knob on the back, that there is digital clipping if the output in the vca is cranked all the way up.
thoughts?
maybe this happens with all of the roland boutiques?
Blairio
bisquick wrote:
i find that if i boost the output too much on the level knob on the back, that there is digital clipping if the output in the vca is cranked all the way up.
thoughts?
maybe this happens with all of the roland boutiques?

I found the same thing with my JU-06 and JP-08. I ended up setting the level on the rear panel pot on each to about 2 o'clock, and then fine tuning the output of individual patches with the VCA faders.

The output of both synths is pretty clean, unless you dial in the 'noise' from the JU-06's chorus. I think it is common knowledge now that the JP-08 has the same chorus circuit, but you need to activate it via cc number. There are 4 values:

0 off
1 chs1
2 chs2
3 chs1 & chs2

Roland offer the cc mappings for download from their website.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1