MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

To 12 space case or not
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author To 12 space case or not
richardm123uk
So I am sending off my cheque today or tomorrow and I have gathered the extra cash for a 12 panel cabinet instead of a 6u powered boat. Only problem is I do not have the funds for the travel case.

Will Buchla send a system without the shipping case. I actually have cases at home that would most likely fit (I have lots of astronomy equipment and spare cases).

Cheers,
R
ex_dead_teenager
oh yah they can ship without the case B&A are really good at packing I didn't get my road case until my second installment and really unless you are planning on taking it out of your house right away the case isn't totally nescessary.

I took mine to a gig on New Years Eve before I had the road case I just wrapped it up in plastic bags to protect it from the elements and it was good to go.

I think you should go with the 12 panel because eventually you'll want to expand especially with the triple morphing filter, you can program some really deep stuff with it and a preset manager would be a great next step up.
richardm123uk
Cheers ex Dead. I am getting the 12 panel cabinet. I should just post the cheque as opposed to endlessly going through the permutations of my system.

Oh fuck, do I need a preset manager straight off the bat d'oh! hyper d'oh! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
ex_dead_teenager
I don't think you "Need" one with what you're getting. you will find it useful later on especially if you want to go deeper with your filter but to begin you can work around it by using the remote enable switches on each module as sort of a one-shot preset manager. perhaps that's not the best description. What I mean is if you want to save the knobs in a system without preset storage you have to turn off the remote enable buttons for each module otherwise all the knobs act like they're full CCW.
richardm123uk
I will probably add a 206e to the order in a month or so when my tax rebate comes through. Midi is okay for now as I my Kenton Pro II tracks 1.2. I also have Volta.

Looking forward to a Buchla battle!!!!!!! It's peanut butter jelly time!
ex_dead_teenager
dude! total Buchla Battle!!!
infinite7
richardm123uk wrote:
I will probably add a 206e to the order in a month or so when my tax rebate comes through. Midi is okay for now as I my Kenton Pro II tracks 1.2. I also have Volta.

Looking forward to a Buchla battle!!!!!!! It's peanut butter jelly time!

skb makes a great roto mold case that would fit a folded 12u system beautifully, it has the same specs as the pelican cases (ie cruch proof, water proof, and a self pressurizing valve. i've found them on amazon for about $175
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1