MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mungo r0 reverb module.... any comment ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Mungo r0 reverb module.... any comment ?
FatRocky
ok the the Erbe- verb has lots of cv controllable parameters but lacks that beautiful sound most people is looking forward at,. The ZDSP Valhalla cards sound great but not much control.
I don`t have the Mungo reverb but from the specs and the demo video it seems that it covers both good things from the other two brands.

Any comment , experience to share with the r0?

thumbs up
Soundoferror
dont love it as much as the AMAZING g0 & d0
not really THE reverb i guess like the fabulous erbeverb
more of a room simulator (isnt that what reverb is..??)
however i do love it when its in the feedback path of the d0
not big and dramatic like other verbs, at least not in my experience
looking forward to trying it in other feedback paths.
will try to video some demos soon...bug me about it later
Footkerchief
Original thread with some opinions: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1411472

Personally, for a $600 module, I think the demos sound really bad.
FatRocky
zombie
mharpum
Why not spring reverb?
echoplex
mharpum wrote:
Why not spring reverb?


coz they sound terrifying
mharpum
echoplex wrote:
mharpum wrote:
Why not spring reverb?


coz they sound terrifying


Ha, fair one! I have a rt60 which sounds a bit thin, clouds?
AudioFetish
mharpum wrote:
echoplex wrote:
mharpum wrote:
Why not spring reverb?


coz they sound terrifying


Ha, fair one! I have a rt60 which sounds a bit thin, clouds?


No. Clouds is certainly not a reverb module. The Oliverb firmware mod is ok as a bonus feteaure, but if i had bought Clouds for this alone personally i would have been disappointed.

Now the loopy, delayed, granular glitchy madness, now that's another thing altogether nanners
Summa
echoplex wrote:
mharpum wrote:
Why not spring reverb?


coz they sound terrifying


Terrifying? hmmm..... you mean Terrible for sure?

Personally i love real reverbs opposed to digital simulations. Springs, Plates and Echo-chambers. The A-199 is really doing a fine job in my system but when I mix (that's where I prefer using a reverb) I only use analog reverbs.

oh and I never tried the r0, but I really like what John is putting out as far as concepts and quality (owned a g0 and d0).
MATSmile
echoplex wrote:
mharpum wrote:
Why not spring reverb?


coz they sound terrifying


I would disagree seriously, i just don't get it Get nice reverb tank
Dstone
i had the r0 it just wasn't reverby enough.. Interesting, but not as cool as the d0 or g0 to me.
ispeakhopelandic
Soundoferror wrote:
dont love it as much as the AMAZING g0 & d0
not really THE reverb i guess like the fabulous erbeverb
more of a room simulator (isnt that what reverb is..??)
however i do love it when its in the feedback path of the d0
not big and dramatic like other verbs, at least not in my experience
looking forward to trying it in other feedback paths.
will try to video some demos soon...bug me about it later


room sim, now we're getting somewhere.

aside from people who where trying to get the texas flood tone and failed,

were the mic placement/sound source location knobs interesting? to me they are the most intriguing aspect of the r0.
FatRocky
i don´t have the r0 myself , i think i´d like to get it ,, mainly because i can see that the module is not well explored by wigglers. The demo is weak and doesn't help.

I own other Mungo modules and love them , but it takes time to know the modules well and explore their possibilities.
H

for example:
How does the zoom function change the reverb parameters in the r0?

we need good quality demos from users
thumbs up
ispeakhopelandic
FatRocky wrote:
i don´t have the r0 myself , i think i´d like to get it ,, mainly because i can see that the module is not well explored by wigglers. The demo is weak and doesn't help.

I own other Mungo modules and love them , but it takes time to know the modules well and explore their possibilities.
H

for example:
How does the zoom function change the reverb parameters in the r0?

we need good quality demos from users
thumbs up


all of this. gripping a v0 for similar reasons
andersskibsted
As a new owner of the r0 I would love to hear if anyone has gotten some extraordinary results out of the r0.
Just trying to revive this thread a bit i guess.
I'm finding it really dificult to get it to do "reverb"-like sounds...
Especially the size parameters is causing me confusion. I feel like that they either do almost nothing or just suddenly skips to delay-like sounds, as if the room gets extremely large all of a sudden.
It might be because i don't completely understand the source and receiver position parameters...

Anyone got some tips to try and make some more "standard"-verb sounds?
I know it isn't a standard reverb, but just to get to understand it better.
I've tried doing some feedback with both the reverberated output and the dry delayed output back into the input, giving me some more, but still i can't make very reverb-like, more like a strange delay effect...

Anyone got some insight?
unease
I remember there was a thread about the R0 where Mungo posted some demos. To my ears they all sounded more or less like delays with short delay time and some regeneration. Not what you'd expect from a high end reverb module. Mungo didn't seem to understand our comments though...
I'd go for either the MN Erbe-Verb or the Z-DSP with the Valhalla reverb cartridge. They provide smooth and dense reverb. The R0 might have something interesting up its sleeve though, but the demos so far haven't shown anything I'd pay that amount of money for.
andersskibsted
I see what you mean...
I already own the erbe-verb so i got it to get something different, as the g0 and c0 i have is really something unique and capable. And out of blind faith i guess i bought the r0, as the mungo-demos is often not that convincing.

But i'll give it some extra time, and see if i can get it to do things thats more reverb-like. It definitely can do some cool things as a spaced out delay, but i work like it to do more and other things than that.
I'll report back as soon as i find the magic combination.
FatRocky
id really like to listen how does the zoom switch affects the parameters in a reverb module. Something tells me it might be awesome.
timoka
i found this video a few weeks ago:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e62f6_modular-synthesizer-demo-mung o-enterprises-r0-reverb_music

i quite like the sound, some cool chorus like effects...but no reverb imo and there are alot of artefacts, clicks when he/she uses the zoom.
it's the only mungo module i don't have gas for...
andersskibsted
I'll give it some patience, with some feedback of the reverberated signal it can do some cool stuff, there really is some fine tuning with the zoom to do, because some drastic changes in parameters just make it do completely nothing to the sound. Like going from nothing to nothing, but i suspect there might be cool effects between the two nothings.
For example the position parameters can be put so far from each other that the "receiver" is to far away from the "source" to even pick up the sound from it... And that's approximately 1/5 of the receiver knob on each side....
But mungo-modules tend to reveal the selves after a bit of patience
andersskibsted
Double post, sorry
GraysonJames
I just wish nuenaber made a reverb module. Their Wet pedal is the most gorgeous reverb I've ever heard. It even beats out most of my plugins. I use it on everything, even drums and vocals. If it had some CV control, I bet it'd be a hit in the euro community.
Mungo
andersskibsted wrote:
there really is some fine tuning with the zoom to do, because some drastic changes in parameters just make it do completely nothing to the sound. Like going from nothing to nothing, but i suspect there might be cool effects between the two nothings.
This x64. The size parameter varies from 0 to impossibly large canyons with extremely fine increments, and the decay from none to physically impossible reflections getting louder (the reverse reverb sounds). Inbetween are conventional rooms and halls, but they are a small region of the space to explore.
Danielblomquist
John I would love it if you would create some nice basic functionality videos for your Mungo modules. Like go through knob turns, how that turn is directly effected by the zoom function. I think users would benefit so much, they are very mysterious.
That mysterious nature makes them awesome as well, I was so frustrated with my g0 for about 2 weeks...then it all of a sudden clicked and I love it now. It would be nice to shorten this learning time just a bit or give prospective buyers a better idea of the capabilities of the modules.
[/quote]
timoka
andersskibsted wrote:
I'll give it some patience, with some feedback of the reverberated signal it can do some cool stuff, there really is some fine tuning with the zoom to do, because some drastic changes in parameters just make it do completely nothing to the sound. Like going from nothing to nothing, but i suspect there might be cool effects between the two nothings.
For example the position parameters can be put so far from each other that the "receiver" is to far away from the "source" to even pick up the sound from it... And that's approximately 1/5 of the receiver knob on each side....
But mungo-modules tend to reveal the selves after a bit of patience


hey anders, could you make some really simple, stupidly simple sounddemos? with a snare hit or something and then turn the knobs with zoom in, for the sweetspots? i would be very grateful because as you say, mungo modules demand patience and i dont think that the current demos are done by patient users... :-)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group