MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

iProgramCard USB MIDI control from Max
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author iProgramCard USB MIDI control from Max
darrenji
For anyone who's interested in controlling the iProgramCard from Max via USB MIDI instead of WiFi, I just built an external that does the necessary OSC message format translation. Right now it's MacOS and 32-bit only, but I could do a 64-bit build if anyone needs it. The external and test patch are attached, as well as the previous Max Easel control patch for reference.

cheers,
Darren
kitchentone
Cool , but the iPadeasel app is always don't work on ipad3 ios9 for long long time ... very frustrating
Drillionaire
kitchentone wrote:
Cool , but the iPadeasel app is always don't work on ipad3 ios9 for long long time ... very frustrating

If you use Max/MSP and this external object, you can just connect the iProgram Card to your computer via a USB mini cable and avoid the iPad app altogether.
synthi
PC please!!!!!! waah
kitchentone
Quote:
If you use Max/MSP and this external object, you can just connect the iProgram Card to your computer via a USB mini cable and avoid the iPad app altogether.

yes it's cool , but for me it 's interesting to use the ipad and iprogram card without computer.
phutureboy
Great stuff, thanks !
synthi
Please can you port the MIDI external for PC??

Thanks!
tommyecho
darrenji wrote:
For anyone who's interested in controlling the iProgramCard from Max via USB MIDI instead of WiFi, I just built an external that does the necessary OSC message format translation. Right now it's MacOS and 32-bit only, but I could do a 64-bit build if anyone needs it. The external and test patch are attached, as well as the previous Max Easel control patch for reference.

cheers,
Darren

Thanks darrenji! I've been using the music easel max patch with OSC and it's a lot of fun. I'm trying to use the midi external, but I'm having a problem. I have it connected via a USB midi cable, but the midiout object doesn't recognize it as a possible output destination. Any advice?

Tom
Leoespejo
kitchentone wrote:
iPadeasel app is always don't work on ipad3 ios9 for long long time ... very frustrating

Uff..... Shame on BEMI.

Max and Easel that's a pair made in heaven.....
Drillionaire
tommyecho wrote:
darrenji wrote:

cheers,
Darren

Thanks darrenji! I've been using the music easel max patch with OSC and it's a lot of fun. I'm trying to use the midi external, but I'm having a problem. I have it connected via a USB midi cable, but the midiout object doesn't recognize it as a possible output destination. Any advice?

Tom

Is the iProgram Card showing up in the Audio MIDI setup? (Or some equivalent if you're using windows)

You might need to follow the steps in the manual to load the MIDI firmware on the USB MCU. There's a chance it shipped with the USB serial firmware on that chip.

It's on page 11 of this document.
https://buchla.com/guides/iProgramCardManual.pdf

Feel free to PM me if you've got other questions and/or that doesn't work.
tommyecho
Drillionaire wrote:
tommyecho wrote:
darrenji wrote:

cheers,
Darren

Tom

Is the iProgram Card showing up in the Audio MIDI setup? (Or some equivalent if you're using windows)

You might need to follow the steps in the manual to load the MIDI firmware on the USB MCU. There's a chance it shipped with the USB serial firmware on that chip.

It's on page 11 of this document.
https://buchla.com/guides/iProgramCardManual.pdf

Feel free to PM me if you've got other questions and/or that doesn't work.

Thanks for your helpful response, drillionaire. I started to look into the firmware update, but then I realized that I was using the micro usb port, rather than the mini usb port. I found a mini usb cable, and now it works great! As I had hoped, it is better than OSC when sending polyphonic streams of data, so this is really quite useful! Any ideas on what the micro usb port is for?

Thanks again nanners
synthi
hmmm... no iProgramCard firmware in the download section at Buchla.com hmmm.....
Drillionaire
tommyecho wrote:
Thanks for your helpful response, drillionaire. I started to look into the firmware update, but then I realized that I was using the micro usb port, rather than the mini usb port. I found a mini usb cable, and now it works great! As I had hoped, it is better than OSC when sending polyphonic streams of data, so this is really quite useful! Any ideas on what the micro usb port is for?

Thanks again nanners

The micro USB port is for uploading firmware to the AVR32 chip that deals with communication between the WiFi chipset and the ATMega.

synthi wrote:
hmmm... no iProgramCard firmware in the download section at Buchla.com hmmm.....

I've attached the latest firmware.
synthi
Thanks Drillionarie!
I`m not sure what firmware rev. my iprogram card havr. Is there something new or fixed in this firmware? a kind of changelog??? Mine seem to keep disconnecting from some WiFI APs without reason.
Drillionaire
synthi wrote:
Thanks Drillionarie!
I`m not sure what firmware rev. my iprogram card havr. Is there something new or fixed in this firmware? a kind of changelog??? Mine seem to keep disconnecting from some WiFI APs without reason.

I'm not sure about a changelog. This is the firmware that's been shipping since 2014.
synthi
Great! Thanks!! we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1