MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Doepfer Power Supply A-100PSU3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author New Doepfer Power Supply A-100PSU3
Etan
There is a beefy power supply coming from Doepfer in November.

specs are 2000mA@+12V, 1200mA@-12V and additional +5V with 4000mA

This is from Doepfer mailing list:

Quote:
And there is an additional note in this regard: from about end of November a new power supply will be available (A-100PSU3). It will
offer 2000mA@+12V, 1200mA@-12V and has additional +5V with 4000mA available. It turned out that there are many modules from other
manufacturers available that take more current than A-100 modules (e.g. the new Roland modules). Some of them also require a high
current at +5V. Internally the A-100PSU3 is a +/-15V switching supply (wide range input 100...240V for mains voltage) followed by
the classical linear regulation circuit of the A-100PSU2 that generates required +12V and -12V. Only the +5V is a pure switching
supply without linear regulation. We discovered that a pure 12V switching supply was not good enough for the modular system
(especially the load regulation was not satisfying for all 12V switching supplies we tried). That's why we added the well-tried
linear regulation to the 15V switching supply.

Best wishes
Dieter Doepfer

So very excited about this w00t
oootini
that is pretty damn awesome.
youkon
It's peanut butter jelly time! applause
enj_music
Might make my case need a whole lot less cords
Studio-ES
Any chance that it could be a direct, drop-in replacement for the older A-100PSU2 that comes with the current Doepfer cases? Too early to ask?
Donderdag
w00t
de_raaf
finally
enj_music
Studio-ES wrote:
Any chance that it could be a direct, drop-in replacement for the older A-100PSU2 that comes with the current Doepfer cases? Too early to ask?

Seconded
sromanel
That's exactly the news I was waiting for
lud
enj_music wrote:
Studio-ES wrote:

Seconded

Thirded
thispoison
enj_music wrote:
Studio-ES wrote:

Seconded

It would be great if it could do the same for the A-100PSU1. I've got at least 2 old G6s with them that would love an upgrade. Rockin' Banana!
monads
lud wrote:
enj_music wrote:
Studio-ES wrote:

Seconded

Thirded

I hope it can be a drop-in replacement as well!!! Be even better if there was a trade-in/upgrade option from sellers because what are people going to do with their PSU2s if replaceable with the new???
estin
4 amps on the +5 volt? eek! holy balls, does anyone really pull that kind of 5 volt current?
nectarios
lud wrote:
enj_music wrote:
Studio-ES wrote:

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthed(?)
lud
monads wrote:
lud wrote:
enj_music wrote:
Studio-ES wrote:

Seconded

Thirded

I hope it can be a drop-in replacement as well!!! Be even better if there was a trade-in/upgrade option from sellers because what are people going to do with their PSU2s if replaceable with the new???

I bought a P9 a week or so ago.
Maybe I'll write to Herr Doepfer and see if he cut me a deal
Entrainer
estin wrote:
4 amps on the +5 volt? eek! holy balls, does anyone really pull that kind of 5 volt current?

Yeah, I was thinking maybe he added an extra 0 at the end but who knows?
AuralAntithesis
Yeah, 4 Amps on the 5 Volt rail seems excessive.
But everyone seems to love Doepfer power!
estin
Also mentions its a switcher this time instead of linear. Never used a linear myself but I recall people saying they chose doepfer because it was linear. seriously, i just don't get it
peripatitis
They might have a digital line up prepared(?)
m0d
This is great timing. I've been wanting something like this. Hopefully one will be perfect for something like the lc9.
david_rothbaum
great news!
makrel
good for power hungry modules - like the classic AS rs-370 and probably the new upcoming oscillope modules
indigoid
Sounds good to me.
oootini
Gonna need some serious vents in any case running that psu methinks.
Barlov
estin wrote:
Also mentions its a switcher this time instead of linear. Never used a linear myself but I recall people saying they chose doepfer because it was linear. seriously, i just don't get it

+5V is switching, +/-12V still linear.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11