MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

multimix 5 small problem. [resolved]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author multimix 5 small problem. [resolved]
Paradigm X
Hi

Again, im sorry to bombard you with lots of questions, ive just got my oakley started so all the nearly finished pcbs are getting done!

my multimix 5 has an odd issue. Out 3/mix is acting strangely.

If i insert signal into in1 or in2, no signal at ouot3 but is at out 4
but signal into in3 does come out of out3
signal into 1 or 2 also comes out of out 1 or 2.
all attenuvertion seems to work fine.

ive replaced U8, resoldered all the joints round that ic, and checked all the resistor values and it all seems fine.

looking at the schematic it seems like theres soemthing wrong with 'nc2' and 'nc1', maybe?

its built on sock8 board with brand new switchcraft jacks.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Ben
Synthbuilder
Paradigm X wrote:
looking at the schematic it seems like theres soemthing wrong with 'nc2' and 'nc1', maybe?

Yeah, that's what I think too. I'd check the UPR interconnect. Pull it out and check with a meter that pin 2 goes to pin 2 and pin 3 to pin 3. Visually check that those four contacts look in good condition and aren't bent.

Tony
Paradigm X
d'oh!

So, i managed to not solder the inner 4 pins on the molex on the sock board... i usually do the outer ones first to get straight. i must have been called away and forgotten or something. took me a while to spot too... and had to desolder a socket to get to it. oops

So, although ive not had a chance to test, that was almost certainly the problem.

Edit: tested and working fine! Also ring mod finished and fine too ! Excellent thanks!

many thanks, Ben
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1