MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge TKB with multiple keys pressed-what note?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Serge TKB with multiple keys pressed-what note?
davemoog
Just wondering if this is normal. If for example you set the tuning for a row to be a regular diatonic scale so plate 1 would be G plate 2 = A .... plate 8 = G', then say play both the G and G' together the resulting pitch will be somewhere in between (nearly a D). Should this type of interaction happen or should the keyboard stay on the first or last plate that is pressed?

The resulting note in a diatonic scale is always out of tune when 2 plates are pressed. (It does sound just fine and adds an interesting variation when not playing tuned scale music.)

Thanks Dave
BananaPlug
Quote:
(It does sound just fine and adds an interesting variation when not playing tuned scale music.)
thumbs up
That's one of my favorite things about the TKB! You can spread out your hand and get strange bendy effects. Look at the LEDS you'll see it's actually scanning the keys really fast.
b3nsf
its a voltage that quickly scans all the plates ring-modding them together! the frequency is internal to the TKB... nanners

-not ring, but sounds very metal 8_)
desess
I didn't know about this function, it sounds very interesting and useful. Serge synths never seem to amaze me. nanners
chrisso
desess wrote:
Serge synths never seem to amaze me.

You'll be saving yourself a lot of money then. Mr. Green

Sorry I couldn't resist.
davemoog
Thanks for the help...makes sense....

Just curious but are the Buchla touch keyboards like this too?
desess
Oooops what I meant to say was Serge synths never cease to amaze me! love
mono-poly
davemoog wrote:
Thanks for the help...makes sense....

Just curious but are the Buchla touch keyboards like this too?

I can check in a few weeks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1