MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MacBeth 5U Mk1 Oscillator (s) prototype pics are up!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author MacBeth 5U Mk1 Oscillator (s) prototype pics are up!

Ken MacBeth

I even included a blue LED as was requested! This is some of my best work to date! Youtube vids to follow.............they are sounding fantastic btw!!

mirri

hyper SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo applause Rockin' Banana! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! ambulance we're not worthy

krv

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

kidtesla

az alwayz... thumbs up

lol ...usually I like blue LEDs but in this case, I think the red look slicker.
...but either way it's beautiful!!

involver

kidtesla wrote:
az alwayz... thumbs up

lol ...usually I like blue LEDs but in this case, I think the red look slicker.
...but either way it's beautiful!!

+1 The red gives that 2001 HAL9000 feel to the unit.

Ken MacBeth

This is a video that I have just done! Playing around with the two prototypes- nothing too fancy- but shortly more!

Best wishes- Ken Guinness ftw!

mome rath

love

essex sound lab

Ken MacBeth wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_wfR9fF3w

This is a video that I have just done! Playing around with the two prototypes- nothing too fancy- but shortly more!

Nice! A taste of that wonderful soaring sound. Looking fwd to the "more". And ordering. thumbs up

Oh, and here's why I favor blue LEDs...

doctorvague

Ken MacBeth wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_wfR9fF3w

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

Will the retail versions have profiled frontpanels or will those be cheapo flat?

kidtesla

essex sound lab wrote:
Oh, and here's why I favor blue LEDs...

Yes! I could see why you would want blue! Mr. Green
...two zeros and two 960s Guinness ftw! ...that's one nice setup you have, essex!!

essex sound lab

kidtesla wrote:

Yes! I could see why you would want blue! Mr. Green
...two zeros and two 960s Guinness ftw! ...that's one nice setup you have, essex!!

Thanks! That's a shot from a couple of years ago. I have some new "wing" cabinets coming from STG, and will post some updated photos when the new rig comes together.

russma

brotherloco

I vote for the blue LED.

Either way, these VCO's look incredible! SlayerBadger!

krv

brotherloco wrote:
I vote for the blue LED.

Either way, these VCO's look incredible! SlayerBadger!

and they sound even better! SlayerBadger!

emdot_ambient

Damn, those look sexy hot! Sound fantastic, too.

Ken MacBeth

...here is another look/listen to see how these guys are doing! Prices to follow- I'll have that by Tuesday!.....

.....best wishes- Ken Guinness ftw!

SynthBaron

Will there be an option for those who don't want retina-burning LED's?

Ken MacBeth

Hey Synthbaron- no problem there- agreed the blue version looks a little 'hot' but that can be dealt with very easily! - these are just prototypes. Personally- I like a warm glo- not totally in your face!

russma

SynthBaron

Can't wait to replace my Dotcom oscillator with one.

Ranxerox

So, Mr. MacBeth, where be your prices and ordering info then? It be Tuesday like you said me hearty, arrr! It's peanut butter jelly time!

DonaldCrunk

holy eff i love that big 'ole scottish tuning knob

Ken MacBeth

...Hi There! Well I plan to get the production run of the Mk1 Oscillators happening at some point next week- guide price is £350-£395. As always it is a small batch run- and sales may be direct- as I am still finalizing with the distributers- Schneiders. RL Music and Shawn at AH.
I'm about to post pics of the second in the Mk1 Series Modules on another thread- but take a look at the one posted here- this is an 8 input mixer with both positive and negative outputs- it can carry both audio and control voltage signals...a pretty important unit if you are using multiple sources! Again- the prototype- just like the Mk1 Oscillator prototypes are built into bare PCB material- not metal- and the finish is a paper laminate!

doctorvague

Ken MacBeth wrote:
<<<guide price is £350-£395>>>

That's 537-606 USD.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4